CSI Miami cast.

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by fan101, Jan 16, 2011.

1. fan101

fan101 Civilian

Just need some feed back or is it just me ? :borg:
    What is annoying me is why is Ryan wolfe still in the cast, he has got to be the most useless CSI and the most dumb / useless person I seen in all of the csi shows. He brings nothing to the table (what is his background science wise, and know he was a cop on the beat before joining the csi crew) he also asks what to do all the time, with a dumb look on his face, head tilled and arms folded. its as through he has no idea, and season 9 lost a good csi.
    LOSE RYAN WOLFE !!!! :thumbsup:

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's just you.He has a background in chemistry as well as genetics.Glad he's part of the CSI family!
    There are various opinions on all the characters,positive as well as negative and that's all they are.
    If we lose characters because someone doesn't like them,we would be left with no characters at all for any of the shows.

PS,it's the writing,the character is obviously portrayed the way TPTB want him to be portrayed.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Moved this to the Miami Forum as it's a better fit here. ;) QSF is designated for general board-related queries.

I wasn't a big fan of Ryan when he first showed up but to me, he's grown into a more dynamic-and likeable-character over the years. He's sort of the 'little CSI that could' and I'm finding his storylines more interesting as the seasons progress.

That being said, while he's not my favourite character, he's a lot better than some of the others lately. :rolleyes:

Exactly, and not much to talk about here. :lol:

In the earlier seasons he was quite young and still learning his way through how the lab/protocol functioned so it makes sense (at least to me) that he was asking questions and still does every now and again. He's probably not what I would consider a seasoned veteran in his field yet and I think it's refreshing when they don't know everything.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  4. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I agree with you and i think ryan character has grown and i think that TPTB has done ryan character good this season

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I've never enjoyed Ryan and wouldn't miss him if he wasn't around so I get what you're saying. I guess my biggest problem with him is that I find his attitude leans toward the arrogant side a lot of the time and I find him too cocky. Of course this is just my opinion and I know I lot of people like him. So it's not just you because I do know fans who wouldn't miss him. But to each their own because every character has people who adore them and people who can't stand them. That's part of watching a TV show :).

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

He's flawed,like all the characters are.

Don't we all know fans that wouldn't miss every single character on the show,
    and I do mean every character.
    I'm happy we have such a variety in the characters.
    Agreed!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes we do. That's why later on in my post I stated that every character has people who like them and people who don't.

I'm not disagreeing. But it's just like with people in RL, everyone is flawed in someway but there's still people we like and people we don't. There are some characteristics we have more tolerance for than others. Now that I'm writing this I realize that in RL I'm easily put off by people who are arrogant. So that's just something I dislike and that I see in Ryan. Though I know that there are tons of people who don't find him arrogant and enjoy him a lot, and that's fine. But I do.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

You are right about tolerating some characteristics more than others,I'm sure that would extend to our likes and dislikes for TV characters as well.I also think there are things fans tolerate in some characters,but not in others.I was actually told by someone that it was okay for another character to be arrogant,but not Ryan.:confused:

9. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Eh, I like the real Ryan. I don't like how the writers seem to write him. I don't think Ryan is as dumb or danger-prone as the writers like to make him. I think they're just lazy and it's easiest to make Ryan the scapegoat. I find Natalia far more useless.

10. slower

slower Lab Technician

Sorry to butt in; but I think most of them are flawed. Eric is pouty, angry and judgemental, Calleigh is self-righteous; so what if Ryan tends to be a little arrogant at times, he has a more forgiving nature and Natalia she's just plain sweet. We're not all going to agree on our favorite character; but for all their short-comings I think this has been the year they are finally pulling it together and working well as a team. I am finally enjoying each character.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Let's be honest, isn't EVERYONE a little overly confident at SOME point in their life, especially about subjects they feel that they know very well? I think EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER (as well as every person on Earth) has had these types of moments.

As for CSIs asking questions, this isn't because the characters don't know what they're doing. This is done for the benefit of the viewers... so they can understand the science better, period. And Ryan hasn't been alone in not knowing about certain things. Calleigh's had to explain certain things about her field of expertise to the others, just as the others have had to explain things about their field of expertise to those who have different fields of expertise.

I totally agree with this. :)

I think what I love the most is the strengthening of the friendships between Ryan/Eric and Natalia/Calleigh because those moments have been few and far between in the past.

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

110% agree(with you as well as GF!!!). That was exactly what I was going to post. If you watch season 5, the way Calleigh judges Ryan for his gambling issues, and other things he's done... then you go to season 7 at how quick the both of them were to assume Ryan would actually be in on H's murder... those two things irritate me beyond BELIEF. Let's not forget WISC, darn, don't get me started on the self-righteousness of THAT. Sure they didn't know what was up, but again they assume the WORST of Ryan without even the slightest benefit of the doubt.

I lay some blame on the writers, how they wrote E/C in earlier seasons... which is why I'd never ship them. They took up all the screen time and it was somehow 'okay' with everyone then, but when it's Ryan or Natalia, it's wrong. I understand wanting your favorites to be on, THAT'S OKAY. We all want that... but when they (E/C) are on, us Ryan fans NEVER bash. Seems like Ryan gets one positive thing, and people come out of the wood work to bash! Makes no sense, but whatever- :rolleyes:

It's kinda like I seen a small issue over Ryan being wet- as opposed to Eric. Um, Eric has had a hundred episodes where he's scuba dived- obviously he was wet during those scenes... what's the big deal if Ryan gets it once or twice?!?!

It has gotten a lot better, but trust me, I could go on for hours. You are in-tilted to your opinion, and I'm not bashing you for it, but how about next time naming the topic a little more specifically, you know--- this tread was never intended for talk about the CSI:M 'Cast', but more so, your dislike for a certain someone....

13. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

I wouldn't like Ryan to be gone from CSI Miami. I was never his fan, really, however I like him the way I like other characters in CSI shows, so I wouldn't cry if they're gone but would say:'Too bad'.
    I have to admit that I also dislike that thing in Ryan's character -
    as fan 101 said - he does that too often and I have a feeling that writers try to make him look dump sometimes. Like Emily Procter once said 'he is always a scapegoat', that's ok sometimes, but not all the time. Calleigh was the most disliked by me character in early seasons, she just seemed so cold(I started to watch in S2) and self rightous all the time and then I liked Horatio the most. However that quickly changed and now I really would like the show to lose Horatio rather than anyone else, but I realise he also has fans so I wouldn't want it for them. If you really like the character, then you don't mind it's flaws, like Eric's anger and temper is really annoying, however I would take it any day over Horatio's slow speech.

14. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

As said above, everyone has characters they like and dislike and we are all different. For me, personally, Ryan is the best character in the show. Yes he isnt perfect, but that makes him more realistic.
    Im not always pleased with the way the character is written, but there is no way he is 'dumb' or 'useless.' He has shown in countless episodes that he is very intelligent, and has broken the case in quite a few of them.
    I actually like the head tilting, and the arms folded on Ryan- its cute. We all have our little quirks!

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The head tilt arms crossed thing is just a character signature like Horatio's slow speech and sunglasses thing. If you watch closely enough you can see that all of them have these character signature things going on.