Who is your least favorite character?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by peakchua, Jan 15, 2011.

1. peakchua

peakchua Victim

Hey guys, i was just wondering who your most unfavorite characters were. To state my choices, they would be lindsay and Jo. Honestly, lindsays character is the typical lame, sympathetic woman who has no secrets. Jo meanwhile switches between her accents and her actor Sela Ward (won an emmy) isisnt that great on a csi show

2. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Re: Who is your most unfavorite character?

Lindsay by far.I enjoy all the other actors from the show except her...She fails to convince me with her acting ability 90% of the time...

3. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

Lindsay and Hawkes.

Both characters seem very one-sided although I believe that really talented actors could make them more interesting. Belknap and Harper don't impress or touch me with their (non-existing) acting skills. Their performances bore me to death and I believe that acting students could do better than them.

4. lizzi

lizzi Civilian

I really dislike the Sela Ward character. She's a know-it-all, and is always trying to show off her skills, which are hidden until it's time to show them off. The character is poorly written, and, honestly, I dislike Sela Ward's portrayal. She was a poor choice to replace Stella! Kind of liked the camaraderie of the ensemble cast. They all work as a team and are friends. Sela Ward just doesn't fit in, and, in my opinion, will never fit in.Again, in my humble opinion, there is no chemistry between Stella and Mac. The writers should just forget it.

5. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Agree completely!

I also do not like Flack. I have stated this before to some favorable reviews but in general his character irks me.

6. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Jo and Lindsay...both are obnoxious know it alls who think they are Gods gift to the human race.:lol:

7. Axatullux

Axatullux Lab Technician

Of all the characters, Lindsay has been by far my least favorite character, even if I enjoy her in an odd kind of puppy-love way. Just the way she has played out since joining in season 2 has become a complete bag of spoiled potatoes at best, especially since Danny Kinkapoodles has become a sort of one-dimensional shell of his former self.

Ashame that a great character like Aiden saw her presence being too short since I truly loved Aiden and was truly upset when she died in "Heroes".

I would trade Lindsay to CSI:Billings, so we could bring Stella back and have Stella AND Jo in New York. Even as much as I have a hard time with Stella's absence, Jo is just an okay character, for the most part. I agree that Danville strikes me as obnoxious and too know-it-all too much of the time.

I never really connected much to Flack nor Hawkes but they've had their moments of glory but they've been few and far between.

8. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hawkes bothers me, i liked him at first but these days he's just one long preaching session.

lindsay is meh, y'know, neither here nor there really.

also i have to say stella. i was beginning to actively dislike her by about the end of s5, and now when i watch older seasons i realise i like her less and less, so i for one didn't mind her leaving. and i like jo, so nur!

9. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Hawkes by far is my least favorite character. The longer he's there the more of a caricature he becomes. Hill Harper over acts and over emphasizes everything he does to the point that it jars me out of any scene he is in. And I can't stand the preaching Hawkes does.

I liked Hawkes when he was in charge of the morgue because he could be a bit quirky and cool with the jazz playing in the background and such but they really killed his individuality when they took him out of the morgue and tried to make him a CSI. From the moment he hit the streets as the over eager rookie the first episode of S2 I cringed and I haven't stopped.

ETA: it's sometimes hard to distinguish between the character and the actor. I will clarify my post by saying that I don't like what they have done with the character of Hawkes but I also don't like the acting of Hill Harper. It's just a bad combination.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Lindsay. A completely worthless character that should've never been added to the show.

11. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I really like them all but it's normal to have a least favorite and mine is Hawkes because

And I don't like it when HH whispers Hawkes' lines when it should have been delivered strongly/clearly/boldly like in Yahrzeit, Dead Reckoning etc.

12. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

Lindsey's by far my least favorite. She started off ok in Season 2, but quickly became very annoying. And the whole relationship with Danny has been a complete waste of time. The two of them have zero chemistry. On her best days, Lindsey is unremarkable, on her worst she's completely aggravating.

Also, Hawkes started out as a great character, especially when he was an M.E., but he's gotten much less appealing the last couple of years. I don't fault the actor as much as the writing, they just haven't given him enough good material. He's mostly just an exposition machine.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Lindsay and Hawkes: most reasons already stated.

Lindsay is just either there or causing me to cringe.

Hawkes just bores me and I even forget he is on the show sometimes...that can't be good.

14. peakchua

peakchua Victim

sela ward is an ok supporting. if she was a bit younger anna belknap should be kicked out.

sela wards character has no game, she cant fight and she doesent have a colorful past.

if they replaced anna belknap and or sela ward and improve hill harper, the show wouldnt get bottom low ratings :S

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Towards the end of her run, Stella. I just didn't like where they went with the character in Season 5 and at some point I just lost interest in her character, especially looking back. So far I really like Sela and have never had a moment where I wished Melina was back on the show.