Why Lindsay Must Go, Part 4

Hi, I'm new to this but I really need to say this:
Why Lindsay Must Go is because she is so horribly UGLY!!! Look at that slab of repulsive hideous blob on her face that she calls her "nose"? Frankly, I believe TPTB has made television history by casting the UGLIEST actress in a prime time show as a romantic female lead! The only show that she should star in should be "The Elephant Woman".

If Lindsey were drop dead gorgeous we can all understand why Danny falls for her and acts the way he does, and we can forgive all her "disgusting" behavior.

If TPTB want to improve the ratings, they must get rid of this nauseating vile creature that makes the show unwatchable every time she's on.

This is my 2 cents and I apologize to anyone that think AB is beautiful.

This is so stupid, 4 threads about this. She is a great character okay, did you see her performance in the 34th floor in the first scene? :)

This is so stupid, 4 threads about this. She is a great character okay, did you see her performance in the 34th floor in the first scene? :)

No, because as soon as she appears on screen, I start yawning and suppress the urge to fall asleep :lol: I gotta tell you, she is more effective than a sleeping pill.

Why would you bump a thread that's been dormant for over a month to just post this? Borderline trolling--don't do it again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, whether they like a character or not.

Back on topic, there's probably a lot to discuss from the below article in this thread ;) :

CSI:NY Star Relaxes At Home For The Holidays

By Kim Fletcher

Anna Belknap, a successful actor on the popular CBS television series CSI:NY playing Crime Scene Investigator Detective Lindsay Monroe Messer, is back in her hometown of Damariscotta celebrating the Christmas holiday with her friends, family, and parents Louise and David Belknap.

It's been five years since she landed the plum role. In 2005, she was only in her mid-20s and was a newlywed. Today she and husband, writer/actor Eric Siegel, have two small children, Olive, 4, and George, 2, and she's celebrating the program's seventh (her sixth) successful season.

Belknap has changed little in appearance since 2005 when she chatted amiably at a café in Damariscotta. Now, however, she's a successful actress, experienced mother, and she exudes a quiet and relaxed self-confidence that comes with maturity and hard work.

Belknap spoke briefly of how the show is doing, and of CSI:NY's time change from Wednesday nights, to Fridays. "It's not great - being on Friday nights at 8 [p.m.] but it sure is better for people in Maine," she said, smiling at her mother. Louise agrees - she really enjoys the earlier time slot.

Anna acknowledges the Wednesday time slot at 10 p.m. was a great one, since many viewers are home mid-week, "but, we have a solid audience, and hopefully they follow us [to Friday nights]," she said.

Five years ago, Anna talked about "living her dream; being a working actor," and while she is continuing on that road today, there's much more personal conversation about family as well as career.

When speaking of her kids, it's plain to see the Siegel children are the apple of their parents' eyes, not to mention their grandparents, Louise and David.

"They [Olive and George] call her 'Grandma Oui," Belknap said, referring to her mother, and she praises her mother's way with her grandchildren. "She's firm, but kind," she said, then of her own upbringing, "she's a great mom."

Being able to see her own daughter on a weekly television program Louise said, "We have the most fun. They are way out there [in California], and I can see her every week."

Understandably, Anna likes Lindsay, her CSI character. "She's smart. She's always trying to figure out how to do her job better. After all, she's a scientist," she said. With a laugh Anna said, "There's a joke on the set that 'yet again, Lindsay solves the case.' I might be in there only a few minutes, but I solve the case."

According to Louise, Anna's personality is very similar to Lindsay's. "When I'm watching...that's Anna," she said. "Except for the science thing," Anna quips.

As Anna explains it further, there are also big differences between the actor and her character. "I would not be in a lab, and the civil servant thing...I'm an actor," she said.

"She's made me cry a couple of times [as Lindsay]," Louise said, and she recognizes Anna's qualities while she's in character. "She's just very natural; she just plays herself...a very natural actor."

The Belknaps are now used to seeing Anna on TV, but in the beginning when she set out to become an actor, they were nervous for her.

Louise said it was Anna's dad, David, who was very worried. "He worried about her having a life; making a living," she said.

After graduating from Lincoln Academy in 1990, Anna set off for Middlebury College in Vermont, where the theater bug bit her. With her eyes still set on the stage, she earned her Master of Fine Arts degree from the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco, where she met husband Eric. The couple later married in 2004.

Belknap racked up stage credentials after graduation, acting summers with the Williamstown Festival in Williamstown, Mass., and moving to New York City, she auditioned and cut her teeth in regional theatre throughout the country.

Needing to make a living, she headed to Los Angeles to audition for the pilot season. Louise remembers counseling Anna when trying out for roles, to "go out there and sell yourself."

Thinking of Anna's very first television role in 1996, Louise said, "She had a bit part on "Homicide" ["Homicide: Life On The Street], and she was on there for all of about 20 seconds. We were so excited. David and I didn't think they put her in there enough."

Anna is now a working mom, comfortable juggling home and career. She just beams when speaking of her daughter Olive being in pre-school but acknowledges her CSI:NY acting schedule though conducive to family life, can be exhausting.

Her shooting schedule is flexible since according to a given script, her character may be featured a little or a lot in any given episode. "It's ideal in some ways," she said, but also admits it is back to the CSI:NY set once Christmas is over.

On average there are 22 to 25 episodes per season. The next installment, "To What End?" scheduled to air on Wed., Jan. 14 at 8 p.m. is episode 11, and by that count, Anna Belknap has more than a half season more to shoot.

In mid-December 2010, CSI:NY celebrated its 150th episode, in itself a testament to its popularity. Anna's honest reaction to learning the fact is completely disarming. "Really? Wow, that's great. I didn't know."

Stay in touch with Anna Belknap's career through the CBS Broadcasting Network website at www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_ny/ or TV Guide magazine at www.tvguide.com. Become an Anna Belknap fan through www.fanpop.com, or visit www.Anna-Belknap.org. CSI:NY is also on Facebook and Twitter.

source: http://lincolncountynewsonline.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=75&ArticleID=50684&TM=79727.42

The whole playing herself thing is kind of absurd. Like I said in the other thread, that's not what acting is.

It doesn't take much to realize that she isn't even close to being an actress. I do wonder how many people would like the character "Lindsay" if she hasn't been involved with Danny or if there wasn't this whole story line going on between them. In my opinion, Anna would be pretty lost without the talented and mesmerizing Carmine by her side. She contributes absolutely nothing to the show!

^ i'm not convinced, i (and i believe i'm not alone) found lindsay much more likeable in season 2, before there was anything going on with danny. in fact it was the joining of her to danny at the hip that made her go downhill fast. in s2 she was far from perfect and not as good as aiden, but wasn't too bad, she had a nice dynamic with mac which went a long way. it looks like they're trying to regain that - the last ep definitely felt like s2 in some ways, especially with her and mac doing experiments together (which sounds so wrong) but it's too little too late i think.

It was pointed out in the Anna/Lindsay thread that all the characters have aspects of the actors' lives and personalities in them. But with Lindsay and Anna it's different. Lindsay is the one character who is supposed to be almost nothing like the actress, yet Anna chooses to play herself. As we've said before, that shows either a lack of talent and/or lack of a grasp of the character and maybe even a lack of give a damn on Anna's part and it's insulting to everyone else on the show and everyone who watches the show.

Interesting. Until I read this interview, I never would've said she was playing herself because that's a presumption we can't make if we don't know her personally. But to have her mother say it -- not once, but twice -- in an interview at least raises that doubt. I have to wonder if Anna really wishes her mother hadn't said that. He mother might not fully understand what acting is, but she does ... or, at least, she knows what it's supposed to be.

Interesting. Until I read this interview, I never would've said she was playing herself because that's a presumption we can't make if we don't know her personally. But to have her mother say it -- not once, but twice -- in an interview at least raises that doubt. I have to wonder if Anna really wishes her mother hadn't said that. He mother might not fully understand what acting is, but she does ... or, at least, she knows what it's supposed to be.

Your mother usually knows you better than almost any other person on the planet, so if her mom is saying she's playing herself I think that speaks volumes. To me that says Anna is the one who doesn't fully understand what acting is or knows what it's supposed to be.

Why would you bump a thread that's been dormant for over a month to just post this? Borderline trolling--don't do it again. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here, whether they like a character or not.

I'm sure, I'll be called a troll too. But how come nothing was said when this thread was brought up after 12 months a few months ago?

I'm sure, I'll be called a troll too. But how come nothing was said when this thread was brought up after 12 months a few months ago?

It's one thing to bump it to post content--an argument for or against the topic of the thread. But just to call the thread stupid seems isn't really contributing anything to the conversation.

Back