Episode 9x10 - 'Match Made in Hell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

How many women has super H saved from the clutches of the big bad rich people this season?

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It is realistic and correct to do,coughing or not.You turn them to their side,it's the recovery postion.

There are nice people in every walk of life.I'm sure there's a millionaire or two.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
  3. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

Eric turning Ryan on his side was realistic. It wasn't so much about whether or not he was breathing but if he had ingested any water it was possible for him to asperrate it into his lungs. This runs all kinds risks including pneumonia.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Maybe Eric is trying to make up for the past and by doing so, he overcompensated a bit. :shrug: I still thought it was a nice moment.

I totally agree with this. Ryan was clearly playing the geeky millionaire, which he played to a tee with the silly pick up lines LOL.

I think that might be explained by Eric being a little jumpy when his colleagues are injured. He lost Speed and then Jesse was killed as well and Calleigh almost died a few times... so that may be why he reacted that way. :shrug:

5. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I agree with DeanCasAngel. If someone you were good friends with was hurt or at least you THOUGHT they were hurt, wouldn't you try to help them? You wouldn't sit back if you just saw a friend of yours being held under water and think "oh well, he's fine, doesn't really need my help". Despite all of their past things, Eric does care about Ryan and like DCA said, he lost Speed and Jesse, he's THOUGHT he lost H, and Calleigh has been in danger SO often. Even Eric himself has almost died more than once. He was just making absolutely sure that Ryan was okay. And then there is what everyone else was saying, Eric was probably trained to turn someone on their side since he is a diver, no matter what. It's a precaution. He was probably so scared anyways that he didn't even realize Ryan was okay-ish. (IMO, he wasn't fine and dandy, I happen to think he needed the help Eric was giving him).

I honestly think that if Eric hadn't been helping Ryan the way he was, people would be complaining about THAT instead. :rolleyes: And just because Horatio only asked Ryan if he was okay doesn't mean that Eric didn't need to make sure. H had just gotten out of a struggle with the security guard, maybe he didn't realize how much Ryan was out of it at first. *shrug*

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Ya know, I can't complain on the Delko thing. There were loads of uproar over his "priorities" the last few seasons, & this, imo, was a good step in showing that he indeed gives a crap about his colleagues ('Sleepless' hospital scene was another good step).
    I've given him a ton of grief in the past, but this time I can't, & I won't. It certainly wasn't a highlight of the episode, but I enjoyed seeing him & Horatio look out for Ryan - those moments are few & far between (especially where Ryan is concerned), & they help show that we have a real team again....I can't complain about that (even though it does pain me at times when Eric get's all "bulldog" in these situations).

I don't think I'll ever be able to hear someone say "penny for your thoughts" again without snickering like a fool.

Trying to move off the Delko subject some -- I re-watched that scene with Horatio & Natalia, & in pausing you can see Horatio has something in his hands that he's showing her. It's not too clear, but I think he mutters "this one" then they both laugh. Not very Horatio-like, but I'm kinda thinkin' they were making fun of Tandy's clients, lol.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Lmao, that is awesome. It's definitely not very Horatio-like, but I think that's really funny. :lol: I want more H humour!

8. redanemone

redanemone Rookie

Looking at it again, it looks like he was showing her his phone. What if it was a cute cat on youtube? :p

What gets me is that he and Nat look like they do that all the time. Show more!!!!

9. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

The episode was alright. The best part for me was Ryan's portion with Kate--we should have gotten more of that! :p

The rest I can't seem to remember aside from Team Bromance, an alligator and the repeat I accidentally turned to at 8pm. :lol: I don't know, maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind last night; I might watch it again on CTV's website and see if I enjoy it more.

10. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I don't know, I thought he was fairly believable. As someone else mentioned, not all millionaires are smooth, suave people. They are susceptible to the same social anxiety and awkwardness that the rest of us are. Millionaires who use matchmaking services like that (minus the prostitution part) probably do it because they have trouble meeting women or starting relationships on their own.

I think he thought it might look suspicious if he didn't have a cell phone with him. A lot of millionaires have made their money because they own a sizable business, and smart phones allow them to keep up with their company 24/7.

TPTB been known to drop details. The scripts and tidbits we get spoilers from are always subject to change. :)

Maybe I have to watch the scene again, but I didn't think it was creepy. I thought it was sweet that Delko was concerned about Ryan, and it was kind of a brotherhood thing going on.

Completely agree with you there. To me, Horatio has begun to shift from an irritating white knight figure to a plain 'ol misogynist (who would deny it if called one- I can hear the "but if I was a misogynist, I wouldn't help them! I'd hate them!" b.s. already) who seems to be incapable of realizing that women don't always need to be rescued, especially by men.

11. mjszud

mjszud Captain

His cellphone. That makes perfect sense! Hmm....maybe Horatio snapped some funny pics of the team at thier holiday office party :p
    And I agree, they both looked comfortable like they'd shared a few laughs before. It was good to see.

I know this is a big subject for some people, but I really don't see his helping women out of thier bad situations that big of a deal. And maybe it hasn't occured to anyone but me, but alot of times I think Horatio feels the need to save every woman he comes across because of the fact that he wasn't able to save his own mother or protect her from his father....perhaps it's a way of healing old wounds.
    I admit, the constant rescuing can be tiresome, but I also think there's more reason behind it that has to do with his own life/past.

Someone, some time ago on another board, had commented on Horatio always hugging the victims -- a member chimed in & said that she thought Horatio needed the physical contact just as much as those victims did. I thought it was a lovely way of looking at it, & it has since made me view his actions (rather his affection towards the victims/women) much differently.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion of the guy, I just happen to see more there than "Horatio rescuing yet another female".

12. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I was warned by a friend to fast forward through the alligator scenes-glad I did (too gory for me- I'd hate to be a parent with a pool in Miami if I had to worry about that all of the time).

This episode was so-so- I don't like H using profanity- in the past, he never did it no matter how the other person tried to provoke him and that to me proved that he was the sort of man one could say practiced "grace under pressure."

Now he's cursing- is this to show that he is just like everyone else? I think there are other ways of behaving like everyone else that TPTB could use and show. Horatio Caine is supposed to be a gentleman; that was and still IS his appeal, his trademark, the one thing that made him unique. I hope the writers return to the real Horatio that we knew and loved-that man needs IAB one particular IAB and that man's is STETLER!

13. Lady I

Lady I Hit and Run

I didn't like the episode that much...I mean it's always the same old thing with H helping the damsel in distress and the usual spoiler which doesn't become actual :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As much as I like Jon he wasn't as good as he usually is IMO.....oh well this can happen even to the best actors;), although I loved the scene when Ryan gets drgugged.:)

But, now, le't talk about something painful...Delko rescuing Ryan: I watched the episode with my boyfriend who happenes to be a paramedic and he was shocked...ohand btw he's not a diver, still he's able to rescue people 'cause no, you don't have divers coming to the scenes with fins and noozle...

My boyfriend works in the field and knows what to do in case of an emergency...if he came to that scene he would only have checked his parameters and drove him to the ER...that's it
    I belive to actual situations than the theories the teach to you at the driving school because the recovery position comes from the driving school too bad in reality no one does that...not even paramedics

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I guess everyone has their opinion,I loved his scenes.
    I don't know why your boyfriend would be shocked.What is done by the rescuer depends on the experience and the situation.If there was a danger of vomiting or aspiration,as with swallowing water,the recovery postion could be used.A paramedic would transport the person to the hospital. Someone with medical experience other than a paramedic may use the recovery position. It makes sense to use the position until help/transportation arrives.
    You learn it in CPR too and it's done.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I am a good, polite person and all but do not ever define a paramedic as a porter. A paramedic is everything but a simple porter. The only thing you can do is thank paramedics. They’re the actual people who save someone’s else life. They’re the ones who rescue people who got involved in a car crash. They’re the ones who provide immediate care for acute medical problems. They’re the ones who allow the doctors and nurses to take care of a person who still has a pulse!!!! And they all risk their lives in doing such a thing!

People still need to learn the difference between a porter and a paramedic and, above all, they still need to filter before telling a paramedic he/she is a porter.

I’m taking this personally because it is very personal to me and this is the worst thing you could ever mention to me or other people like me who voluntarily spend their time doing their best to help people outside a clinical environment, also risking their life!!!!

Maybe it is not what you meant in your post, but that is excatly how it came out from it!

PS (just to be on topic): Ryan Wolfe needed anything but CPR! Plain and simple!