Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Well now that the E/C "kiss" apparently "won" the bracket challenge, are we destined for more E/C drama after emily gets back full-time? I really hope not, but one has to wonder what the whole point of that "bracket challenge" was. I did notice that it wasn't really played up on TV or anything, at least from what I've seen - although that could be coming.

One point on all this: There's definitely a fine line between dedication and plain unfair play - just b/c some of us don't vote hundreds of times, doesn't mean we're not dedicated fans. It just means we think the whole poll is a sham and should be limited to one vote. If everyone's vote counted only once, I'd really like to see those results...:rolleyes: Just b/c everyone could vote as many times as they wanted, doesn't mean it's fair. Imagine if our government worked like that - can you imagine? It's completely absurd :rolleyes:

It actually just goes to show how sad Miami has become - it used to be a show of such substance and character depth, and now it's been reduced to a three-second kiss that had all the sizzle of a cracked egg landing on ice. :shifty: Is this what we want Miami to be remembered as - a soap opera? :rolleyes:

So what's dedication? IMHO, dedication means hanging in there even when we think the writers are off their #$@#! rockers and hoping that the show will get better despite one of the most horribly written storyline in Miami history.

2. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

The Price is Right losing horn went off in my head when I read this because of the way the vote turned into a farce and I have a feeling the folks at CBS are probably a little red faced.

I think the only way to do a valid poll is to have people email their choices and give something to validate them so they won't stuff the ballot box.

I'm going out of a limb when I say that they won't do anymore EC. I think all of us are getting the feeling the show is nearing its run and the producers will want to end it on a high as opposed to having it limp to the finish line. Last season was pretty good IMO and this season is shaping up well too so why fix what's not broken?

Unfortnately, the results of that poll isn't going to endear the show to its bashers either

3. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

I don't think CSI-Miami is done just yet.
    It's been a long, long time since I have posted in this forum about how much I dislike the Eric/Calleigh story line. I was railing against here and on other CSI-Miami boards before it became a reality on screen.

I am kind of siding with CSI-AJ with the hope that TPTB is just going to let E/C fall by the wayside and hope most forget about it. I don't see that it has added anything of substance to the show. If they wanted to do that they should start with some of the writers. If TPTB was hoping for some big ratings boost, it does not appear they got it. Or simply that just about anything would have a tough time cracking the number 1 ratings spot in a time slot where the competition is pro football.

TPTB should just let E/C go.

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

In the universe of "on-screen" romances, this one has been a dud from day one. I just don't see any spark that has come out of this. There are always issues of mistrust. And let's be honest--getting lovey-dovey while trying to solve a murder is just a dose of lye. Is there some social taboo I'm missing here--the Hispanic male and the Southern white girl, when has that ever been edgy? I can just see them 50 years from now--I give you Frank and Estelle Costanza volume 2. :lol:

I was thinking of the "Wile E. Coyote Falling from the Cliff" sound, but that's still :guffaw:

They just can't be that dumb. With all the money involved in a television network, I just refuse to accept they didn't give CSIM a pass during football season. They should know--they have their own NFL contract.

The real scrutiny will come when the Super Bowl is over, and the new season has a month or so to win back viewers. They've already lost me, but perhaps they can coax back a few hundred thousand expats to come and watch the show again.

5. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

You can likely blame CSIM's transfer to Sundays to compete with pro football on the network. Once they have the epis to broadcast, they can place the show in any time slot they wish, whether it makes sense or not.

However the E/C was something that taken up by the show's producers and writers. I think we should focus this stumble upon them and not the network.

6. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

7. Court

Court Prime Suspect

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That article didn't really have many comments from tptb, most of it sounded to me like fan speculation/hopes or whatever. We don't really know for sure what the future holds. Emily may decide to take the rest of the season off to be at home with her new baby (I know she said earlier that she'd only be absent from a couple of episodes, but that was before she actually had the baby and sometimes it changes when the baby is born, especially with first time mothers). If they do bring the storyline back, hopefully it'll be a little less in the forefront so that the excellent job they've been doing lately with the characters' screentime and the team aspect will not suffer once again.

9. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

You're right about that, DeanCasAngel. Just that I don't trust tptb anymore than I could throw a semi. :scream:

Call me cynical, but I'm not betting the ranch.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I do find it strange that this story has only appeared in that one article,no where else, it just seems rather odd. I do think there is something to the fan speculation/wishful thinking aspect of the article too.
    But,like Jag Lady, I'am also cynical. I wouldn't bet that TPTB and writers would leave well enough alone.

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Ugg. You know what. I'm actually not surprised... TPTB has dubbed (or has appeared to have dubbed) the "OTP" of the show to be E/C, so I highly doubt they're just going to leave it alone and put it in the background.

If this article is more than just a speculation then all I have to say is this: Come on TPTB! You are FINALLY bringing back the old CSI: Miami (which is making a lot of people happy (I think. :p)), PLEASE don't screw it up by bringing back that dreaded nomance. :scream:

Thanks for posting the article btw. :)

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Though posted in a different way, I think I had read this article few weeks before it was posted in here and, in both cases, I've come to the conclusion it's merely an assumption Dube is making in regards of the whole E/C. According to Dube, this breakup is only temporary. Unfortunately, I think I'll have to agree with him also considering the events :rolleyes:.

Apparently Emily Procter had her child few weeks ago and I do think it's only a matter of time before they're going to consider the idea of bringing back the whole E/C situation back again :rolleyes:.
    I so dislike the idea but that's where I think we're all headed along with the possibility of Ryan flirting with the new lab tech.

I'm not like neither E/C nor I think I'm going to to enjoy Ryan and the lab tech (at least I'm sure they'll be far better than E/C....yeah I would even prefer any human person flirting with a wall rather than E/C :rolleyes:) because I know CSI:Miami and I so know they're not good with the whole shipping stuff...hell they even wanted us to think H was so in love with Marisol only because she was the typical damsel in distress :rolleyes::rolleyes: when we all know he loved Yelina (too bad she was his brother's wife :scream:). I know CSI:Miami, I know TPTB and I know that every ship on this show is a disaster....why shoud I trust them??? They more than once proved they're not capable of selling a good and realistic couple :shifty:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:guffaw: I would actually like to see someone flirting with a wall ... of course they'd have to be drunk as a skunk, but it would still be amusing and highly entertaining LOL.

I think Miami got some new writers... maybe the new ones will be better at writing romantic storylines that would be appropriate for a show like Miami rather than making them too soapy with the whole push/pull aspect.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I hope you're right, hon. I wouldn't mind seeing Natalia, Ryan or Frank get a decent love interest - in its proper perspective and place on the show. And since nobody seems to be able to create decent relationship for Horatio (except maybe Kyle - who we never see anymore) I'd rather not see anymore lame attempts at trapping him in another ridiculous, unbelieveable romance.

Either find him a professional, strong woman who is AGE APPROPRIATE and is equal to him (and NOT a damsel in distress), or let him sulk and be depressed by himself. Believe me, I'd LOVE to see Horatio get a decent companion, if for no other reason then maybe this pathetic Horatio/Delko "bromance" could be given a decent burial. :rolleyes:

If these new writers can seriously write for a low-key, background relationship (even though I'm not a shipper), I'll be cheering from the sidelines.

But for me, too much damage has already been done for me to ever look at E/C in a positive way. Not only were both characters destroyed and their professionalism and ethics seriously compromised to force this nomance upon us, we rarely got a break from its over-powering presence on the show.

Too many good stories thrown by the wayside and interesting characters pushed into the background so that nomance could rule for over three years. They had their "moment." Over three seasons of seemingly never-ending "moments." TPTB need to take pity on those of us who are truly enjoying this season and put the nomance out to pasture.

There is nothing they could do that would make me see those two as a viable "couple." No spark - no chemistry - no passion. That nomance never was anything to write home about.

15. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

He described their relationship as "brother and sister???" WTF? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

And I love how the blogger refers to your "favorite police procedural drama." There's been plenty of drama, bit little police procedure lately. The CSIs are turning into detectives. And if that continues, I'll just stick with Blue Bloods.