Fan Art Gift Exchange

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by addictedtoSpeed, Dec 17, 2010.

1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

It's that time of year again and I've been given the go ahead to start this thread. Sorry it's running late!

*borrowed from Nick's Elf*

It has been suggested that we have an exchange for the Fan Art Forum so I've decided to set one up so all you fantastic artist can take part. I'm snagging the the guidelines from the Fan Art Forum :)

What is a fanart gift exchange?

Well, it’s exactly what it sounds like! All participants will both make and receive a fanart gift. For those of you familiar with a ‘Secret Santa’, that’s basically what this is….

So here’s how this is going to work:

[1] Everyone who wants to participate must sign up. You can do this by replying to this thread.

[2] In your sign up post, you should also leave a short description of what you might like to receive. Keep in mind that these are only meant to be guidelines to help your gift-giver along. Keep it short and simple. If you also want to include a character that you don’t want included, that’s fine to, as long as you do so politely. Please remember only CSI shows and characters.
    [example]: My favourite CSI show is New York and my favorite character is Horatio. I'm not a fan of Delko. Got the idea?

[3] I will keep an updated participants list at the end of this post. If you see that your name is missing, or that it’s on there and shouldn’t be, please let me know so I can fix it.

[4] When the sign-ups are finished, each participant will be randomly assigned another participant to make something for. You will be notified of who you’re making something for by PM (or by email if you are unable to receive PM’s). I'll be participating also but will write down the names and have hubby draw who is creating for who so I'm not involved.

[5] Once you know who you’re creating for, you can use their sign-up post as a guideline. You may make whatever you want. Icon, banner, wallpaper, some combination things, it’s up to you. If you know that they have a LJ, making something for that is a possibility as well.

[6] When you are ready to send it in, you have two options. If you want them to know who made it, you may send it to them directly. If you wish to be anonymous, you may send it to me, and I will pass it on to them.

Everyone is welcome and encouraged to join!
    If there are any questions, please feel free to ask!

I'll let you know later how long I'm leaving signups open. It depends on when they start to slow down ;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm in.

Characters I like most: Greg, Nick, Archie, Vartann (and Cath/Vartann pairing) on Vegas. Ryan, Dave (AV tech), and Travers (trace tech) on Miami, no pairings. Adam and Flack on NY, no pairings.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I'm in too (like I said hubby will pick the pairings).
    I like CSI: Miami-Speed, Ryan, Horatio mostly Speed no pairings
    CSI: NY-Flack, Lindsay, Jo no pairings

4. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

I'm in too.... I like all the characters on all three shows to be honest... but these are my absolute favs!

Miami- Ryan
    Vegas- Greg, Nick
    NY- Danny, Flack

The only pairings I remotely like are Danny/Lindsay and Ryan/Natalia... :)

5. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

Count me in too!

My favorite is CSI:LV... as for characters... I love them all! (needless to say who's my weakness... lol)... and pairings... well, I like Catherine/vartann, Grissom/sara and wendy/hodges... and I think that's it...

oh, and my screen size is 1280x800 (for wallpapers)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2010
  6. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

L.V. Grissom/Catherine (Ship and as individual characters).
    N.Y. Adam and Sid are my faves, I also love Mac and Flack, who I ship with Jo.

Banners, icons and Walls (1280x800) are all cool. :D

7. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

What is the date you were aiming for, for the exchange?

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Depends really on how many sign up. It will be after Christmas though.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

After the holidays?? Okay, count me in. :)

Hodges fan and a wedges shipper so anything is good

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I have 6 people, going to leave this up until Monday then on Monday morning will do the name exchange and PM everyone who they got. So if anyone else wants to join, please do!

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

All the names have been sent out. Please have yours done and sent (to either the recipient or to me if you want to remain anonymous) by January 3rd, 2011. Have fun!

12. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

got my PM... better start working... :rolleyes:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I started working on mine yesterday at around 5pm and ended up working on them for five hours straight and I'm still not done (of course I have the miscellaneous ones too). My photoshop is being a pain and has deleted a lot of my textures/brushes again, so I'm having to reload the ones I want to use LOL. But I should have all the stuff done for both challenges by the end of the week hopefully.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Just got mine sent out, off to work on the misc one now!

15. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Gonna get mine done tonight! :D