Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Happy Thanksgiving! ;)

And thank you to everyone who's replied to this sham of a poll that CBS is running. Some people have better things to do than stay up all night voting on a meaningless poll that is solely being done to see how much traffic they can get to the website. :rolleyes:

And then E/C fans brag about how many times they voted - seriously, how does that show that everyone loves E/C folks? :rolleyes: All it shows is that there are a group of people who are obsessed, not that everyone wants to see E/C locking lips again - PLEASE NO!!! :brickwall:

If there's anything we, as non-E/C fans have accomplished, it's showing that there are people out there who can't stomach E/C b/c of the crappy storylines and the way it was handled, as well as believing that there is zero chemistry between these too. CSI:Miami w/out the whole E/C drama is 100% BETTER! I think most fans (those who aren't compulsively voting 2,000 times a day) have given this season very good reviews - the shows have put the focus where it belongs - on the TEAM as a TEAM and on the victims.

I don't know what we have to do to get it across to TPTB that this is the RIGHT direction and we don't need to see anymore painfully pathetic "love scenes" between E/C - we want to see a genuine friendly caring atmosphere between ALL the team members.

I too have liked the interaction of ALL the team this season, even between Eric and Cal. While I admit it's kind of weird that they didn't address the breakup and they act like they never were a couple, I enjoy seeing them as just friends again, like they were for the first 5 seasons. It worked great back then, and it works great now. I respect their characters a lot more when they aren't playing mind games w/each other and are just focused on the case, the victims and the team (as friends).

Please, TPTB, don't ruin a good thing based on a few fans voting compulsively! If you want a fair reading on the situation, make it "ONE PERSON, ONE VOTE", and then look at those results. Speed would KICK E/C'S TAIL!!!!

(Yea, that was total sacrilege what they did - Speed's funeral was WAY more pivotal to the series and much more moving than a stupid kiss. :rolleyes:People still love Speed and miss him (or else TPTB wouldn't have tried to get him to come back). There's no way the majority of general, run of the mill Miami fans would prefer a kiss to Speed's funeral :rolleyes: - there was way more weight behind that event, and it was a turning point for Miami.)

So, I don't really know why that stupid poll bothers me, except for the fact that it sends a skewed, incorrect view of the show's fans. And i LOVE speed and the fact that E/C is now causing him to be disrespected just makes me dislike this ship even more (if that was possible).

2. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Without calling out a particular shipper: If this is true, these people have to be some of the saddest people around. To spend hour after hour hitting the button on an internet poll...just so you can see Rodriguez and Procter playing tonsil hockey again? On an alleged "crime solving" show? Isn't this why we invented soap operas and novellas?

Sometimes I wonder if Dan Marino, Shannon Sharpe and Boomer Esiason ever worry that the extra 10 minutes of useless banter about how bad the Bengals are will cost David Caruso his job? :shifty:

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's true Bill. One fan even told others how to vote so they could also vote as many times an hour as she did.

4. Court

Court Prime Suspect

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Well, according to Marc Dube in the article posted a little while ago on the TalkCSI page, they will revisit E/C sometime in the future ... just not now. :rolleyes:

I consider that fair warning to get my enjoyment out of the show now, while I can ... cause it may not last. :(

As long as they focus on the team and everyone else BUT E/C (I've had my freaking fill of those two over the last 4 seasons) life will be good. But the minute they start to focus on those two again the show is gonna go right back into the crapper! :scream:

I hold out hope with you, Court. I also completely agree with you that the show has completely rocked this season and, for me anyway, a lot of the improvement has been because I haven't had to have E/C in my face to ruin it for me.

She did indeed. :( If that type of menality is what the producers of this show want to play to, then the show is lost and nothing we can do will save it.

6. Court

Court Prime Suspect

Saying it might be revisited could be a ploy to placate the E/C ship fanbase (and we know how much TPTB love to use ploys). On the downside, it could be a ploy to placate those of us who HATE it. Either way, if I never see those two hook up again, I will be a very happy person.

7. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Just wanted to place a reminder that the discussion of other fans (unnamed or not), especially in the context I'm seeing would be best kept away from here. It just serves to stir up trouble among everyone and cause this back-and-forth mud-slinging between forums, which we don't want to see again. Some cooperation on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Articles/spoilers/interviews about the relationship (or storyline, however one prefers to call it), of course is free game to discuss as always along with the episodes.

Thanks for your time! :)

8. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Yes ma'am. I'm apologize. You are totally right.

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

I don't know if you guys are into The Walking Dead show but they punted all of the writers of that show! (Yet it was doing well ratings and review wise) I think that's the only way we'll never see this romance again

10. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:devil: Doubt that it's a ploy at all. I think we can expect the first hint of a "revisit" in whatever episode is being filmed when Emily returns to work. I'm convinced the only reason we've had a respite so far is Emily's pregnancy. Enjoy it while we can.:scream:

11. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

I certainly hope not. I've been enjoying the season thus far. But it does make sense. Why else would Delko and Calleigh be taking a "break" at this specific moment in the season? Would it have anything to do with the fact that Emily is pregnant and can't do any scenes with Adam? Oh of course not... Why do I have a feeling that when Emily comes back after giving birth to her baby, Calleigh and Delko will suddenly decide to reconcile? :scream: TPTB are so predictable.

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Unfortunately I think you are both right. With Emily's reduced screentime it is too difficult for them to write in the E/C stuff.
    But is annoying how they have suddenly dropped it- (not that I mind it being dropped)Now both of them are happy with being single, happy to work with each other and no sign of any regret, any passion between them whatsoever seems to have vanished into thin air (when it was supposed to be this big passionate romance)
    They will definitely bring this romance back, but after such a non-descript breakup its rather insulting to our intelligence that they would actually get back together. No doubt there will be yet another near-death experience to make them see the light yet again. :rolleyes:

13. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream: :scream: :scream: The mere suggestion of such a possibility is worse than the nomance itself.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Near-death experiences seems to be the only way these writers can find to keep these two together. It's because there's nothing else. There is zero chemistry or passion. Their love scenes have all the exitement of watching paint dry. :rolleyes: So all they can do is keep with the same tired, boring, jump-the-shark tactics of near-death experiences in and attempt to generate any excitement at all with these two.

Part of me also is beginning to wonder if TPTB aren't taking advantage of Procter's pregnancy to attempt to restore some of the respect and credibility that Delko has totally lost over the last couple of years for a lot of fans.

He does seem to be calmer and a little more professional then he has in the last 3 years. Not such a wimpy lapdog this season. Still can't stand him, but it does make it a little easier to tolerate his presence in a scene.

If they start up the nomance again he'll be screaming at everyone over everything and turning into a whipped lapdog while Calleigh will be strutting all over the place thinking every guy she meets should think she's hot. (NOT!) One wonders how Delko's able to do all that screaming with his lips so securely attached to Calleigh backside. :rolleyes:

15. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Yea - I have a sneaking feeling once Emily's back from her pregnancy, E/C will be back :rolleyes: The actors are such big proponents of it, and it seems the writers are stringing us along...I guess we should count our blessings that they had enough sense NOT to include the pregnancy in the show (even though Emily Procter really seemed to want to at first - that could've been a disaster!)

Personally, I think both Eric and Calleigh have been a lot better since they've been away from each other. Their chemistry has always been friendly, but the romance makes them both completely unlikeable and "clickish," isolating them from the rest of the time. I much more enjoy seeing ERic and Ryan working together and Cal sympathizing w/the victims, etc.

And how many brushes w/death do these two need? If that's all that brings them together, then that probably means there's nothing else there! :rolleyes: