**Season Nine Spoiler Lab** - Take Two

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

they completely missed an episode cos the next one is the 200th ep and now its the 199th ep

2. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

From Spolier tv

Question: When is CBS going to do something to get its Sunday schedule into the 21st century and actually air shows when they are slated? Sunday football regularly plays havoc with the prime-time schedule, causing the evening's shows to air nowhere near their regular time. I've been DVR'ing since The Unit aired and was frequently annoyed to find the device had only recorded half an episode because the show was airing late. This year it's Undercover Boss that I'm trying to view. Of the 8 or so that have aired so far, only 1 has been on time. (The 1st season was pretty good and had some heartwarming moments, but the only season 2 episode I saw just tried to generate lame humor by watching the executive blunder his way through menial tasks, but that's another matter.) C'mon CBS, get with it! Other networks air sports and still stick to a schedule. Figure something out. It's not the 1970s anymore. Everyone is not watching live TV. I'm not going to your website to catch missed episodes, so you're hurting your Sunday night programming. — Chris

Matt Roush: CBS's problem on Sundays is that it's locked into a block of four hour-long programs that, unlike Fox's animation block (which vamps with repeats or expands the post-game coverage until 8/7c), can't be shortened or altered. 60 Minutes is still so lucrative for the network that dropping a segment or two really isn't an option, and unless the overrun is so long that an entire show drops out, as happened to CSI: Miami a few weeks ago, there's really no alternative. (And as always, my advice to fans of any CBS Sunday show is to DVR the show following the show you want to watch so you can catch the whole thing.) The most logical fix would be for CBS (like Fox, essentially) not to program a first-run show until the 8/7c hour. But 60 Minutes is an enduring tradition, and the rest of the lineup performs solidly. So while it's a pain, I don't see the situation changing in the foreseeable future.

Question: I understand the reasoning for CBS moving CSI: Miami to Sunday, but why can't they put it behind 60 Minutes? That way if the football game runs over then we will still get to see it. Talk about being upset when I waited up to see the program and CBS chose to drop it! — Claudette

Matt Roush: The simplest answer to this scheduling question is that CBS still sees CSI: Miami as being the most potent show it can put in that troublesome 10/9c hour on Sunday night. Miami has always been a draw at 10/9c, and while it might do even better at an earlier hour, pushing the reality shows to later in the night would probably result in a lower tune-in, and CBS' affiliates wouldn't appreciate that. Another reminder that this is a business, and the decisions the networks make usually aren't designed to make our lives or choices easier.

Copied From: http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/11/ask-matt-various-shows-22nd-november.html#ixzz16BpILPvy
    Thanks for linking back. It really helps our site. Please leave the above link in. ​

3. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Thank you for posting that, kala79! Very insightful and lot more helpful in explaining the programming decisions than other sites I have been reading. It is good to hear that they still have confidence in our show! I think even NCIS would struggle at this timeslot, and I believe CBS knows this.

4. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

They skipped "Blood Sugar" because of the NFL doubleheader that ended in "Reality Kills" being pre-empted. However, "Happy Birthday" STILL is # 200 because it is the 200th episode they have filmed.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I still say they should put Survivor on Sundays at 7c followed by The Amazing Rack and Undercover Boss and then make Wednesday night's lineup look like this: The Defenders at 8/7c followed by Criminal Minds and then CSI: Miami. Is Undercover Boss even getting decent ratings anyway?

6. baybeehannah

baybeehannah Witness

Episode 14 is gonna be called 'Stone Cold Bitch'. That's a strange title.

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Happy Thanksgiving. ;)

9.14 - "Stoned Cold Bitch"
    The episode begins at a high school party. There's lots of drinking, guys with their 'Bieber' haircuts, girls dressed like they are Rhianna or Katy Perry. Samantha Bates' house, which is hosting the party, is completely trashed. This is a cool kids party, and those who weren't invited will do anything they can to get in--including Lauren Wells, who practically begs one of the girls at the party, Blaire, to let her in.

After the party is over, Blaire is completely drunk. She pukes her guts out and heads to her car, where a stalker carefully watches her. Blaire is so disorientated from the alcohol that she falls to the ground, prompting the stalker to go towards her.
    Blaire wakes up on the high school football field, where she is tied to a goal post. She thinks it's a joke, but quickly finds out that it is not. Blaire is hit numerous times, and dies.

Tripp, Horatio, and Natalia arrive on scene and immediately begin processing. Horatio finds stones near the body, and determines that she was stoned to death.

It turns out that Blaire may not have been so popular after all. Blaire was a bully and a player. She'd slept with half of the football team, been called into the principal's office for her 'out-of-line' behavior, and as a result, was blackmailing her own principal.

That's pretty much the extent of the episode (from what I see). I don't see Calleigh mentioned, but I do see Ryan, Walter, Natalia, Eric, and Tripp. Just because I don't see Calleigh listed, doesn't mean she's not in the ep (but I wouldn't be surprised if she was on maternity leave during this time).

8. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I was little surprised that this was approved... But I guess if they can say "bs" and "a-hole" on all of the cable shows (The Closer included) then, "bitch" isn't that bad...??

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Well they say bitch on the show, so I guess the episode title having the word "bitch" in it is allowed.

Still... kind of different. Don't think there's ever been an episode with a name like that before. :lol: The episode sounds different too, a stoning? Hmm.

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

When I first read the title, I figured it would be a take on Stone Cold Steve Austin's name.

I'm getting a feeling that the villain is mentioned in the spoilers.

11. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

The title and the whole plot looks exciting. It reminds me of Scream movies a little. I think that CSI-AJ might be right, I often guess who the villain is as soon as he/she shows up:p
    Emily said she would like to lose 2 episodes only and I think that they shot it until 11th so far. However, producers know what she doesn't know yet - motherhood is no easy ;) Therefore maybe they will not write her dialogues just yet.

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

The title and plot certainly sound different.I'm thinking there may be more than one villian.
    I've read that they have already started filming episode 13.

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

This actually sounds pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with it!

14. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

A fan on the CBS site has posted quite an in-depth spoiler for a couple of episodes. I won't post them because I don't know the source; however, in Wheels Up, the roller derby episode, the spoiler says that Ryan tries to break up a melee and gets punched in the chin. This is getting interesting!

15. Linda&Horatio

Linda&Horatio Witness

Poor Ryan :lol: first he falls over a railing and Eric has to bring him up and now this. But the next few episodes all look great. Does anyone know when Emily is due to have her baby? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.