Eric/Calleigh storyline -- why we dislike it. Part 2 **spoilers**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by mjszud, Apr 18, 2010.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I agree.The break we have gotten so far has been great. I know I wouldn't have a problem with keeping things (as in # of scenes) the way they are now.The team dynamics are the best they have been in a long time and I hope that continues for a long time.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Me too. I am LOVING the team dynamics and hope it continues. And if they keep the E/C scenes to the minimum, it could be a great year. And yes, we ALL need the rest:lol:

3. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

Sorry for posting this so long after "Fallen". Did I miss something, or did Eric just throw on a labcoat and waltz right back into his CSI job? Not even that heart-wrenching "H, I want to come back" scene? No talking with the team? Not even any paperwork? No questions about the two bullets in his brain? I ask because, to be honest, I'm no longer watching unless the epi has characters I particularly like (Dave Benton).

Nothing more about his entanglements with the Russian mob? Of course not; they did away with IAB.

I'd sure like to land a job that easily.

4. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

IIRC, they gave him his official return at the end of last season. But then again, this is not real Miami, this is Bizarro-Miami, where DNA tests happen faster than a pot of coffee, mid-level police employees drive around in $50,000 Hummers, the crime "lab" is more art-deco than the MOMA, and where police lieutenants can be extradited to Brazil to stand trial for murder (upon which they presumably surrender their passports), only to murder 7 or 8 more guys and fly back to Miami like it was a weekend junket to the Bahamas. :lol:

5. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Just read the article w/Procter and A-Rod commenting on that "locker room" scene in the 2nd ep. this year - so they're still together? :wtf: Procter doesn't think they broke up? Then what exactly was going on? Were they just having another little "spat" like they always do - yea, that's a good sign for a couple... :rolleyes:

I can't stand this anymore - when will they just let this die? Maybe we should start email them and remind them that there are a good number of people out there who don't CARE about Eric and Calleigh and all their stupid drama. If they're going to put them together, I wish they'd just get it over with and MOVE ON at this point - I feel like they're relationship is like going to the dentist - it's like pulling teeth! :scream: Anyhow, rant over - I'm just tired of TPTB adding stupid soap opera drama when IMHO there's no chemistry whatsoever - it's just all so awkward and 7th-gradish. :rolleyes:

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

^^
    I've been emailing all along,sent a few letters too. Apparently TPTB and the writers like the stupid soap opera affect it has on the show, never mind so far this season has been great without all the nonsense going on.There's been better screentime for others as well as better team dynamics. I don't know why TPTB can't just do whatever it is they're going to do and get it over with,it's totally asinine.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Maybe if Emily Procter had played Calleigh in true form in the ending scene of 'Time Bomb' then the locker room scene would've actually made sense to those who are apparently so confuzzled. Clearly someone is in complete denial & doesn't want to accept that just MAYBE tptb would like to focus on OTHER characters & storylines.

8. Jag Lady

Jag Lady Lab Technician

They don't seem to mind that this show is slowly committing suicide.

Or guys in lockup show off their cellphones. Or Dan Cooper doesn't get hauled to jail for removing evidence from a crime scene or obstruction of justic. Sorry for getting off the subject. (off rant) Back to the E/C slobberfest.

It's like Jason. You think it's dead and it comes back for another episode. If these two STAY broken up, I'll eat my shoes.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

There was a refreshing absence of the "no-mance" last week. And the pseudo tiff could be best described as an "un-spat." Given the issues involved, there would be a lot more emotion in reality (see comments about Bizarro-Miami :D ).

10. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I was just voting in the CSI: Miami memorable moment challenge on the CBS site and I noticed that the E/C kiss was voted a more memorable moment than Speedle getting shot. WTH???:rolleyes:

I don't wanna sound like I'm campaigning here or anything, but if the nomance ends up the most memorable moment, I wouldn't be surprised if TPTB try to make it front and center again. :scream: I don't know about you guys but I've really been enjoying a season where the melodrama is virtually nonexistent.

Help me vote the E/C moment out.

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/csi_miami/episode200/bracket_challenge/

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Well that vote will have to wait next week but I picked Horatio's chase over Delko getting shot (though to be honest, that was a tough one to call)

12. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I love that chase scene. I think it's one of the most badass chases in the series.

13. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

You bet!:thumbsup:

Oh yeah I check the previous poll you mentioned. What in the world? One of the series most shocking moments thumped by a kiss? and by a landslide?

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wouldn't take those votes/bracket challenge too seriously - anyone & everyone can vote over & over again ...& believe me, they are - it's the only reason it's won.

15. Court

Court Prime Suspect

I know, right? The E/C fanbase had to have been out in force for that. Speed deserves better than to be ousted by an icky liplock. I'm hoping Speedle's funeral will beat Hagen's death. Then we'll get our chance for redemption. I wish there was a way to set my computer up to auto vote. ;)