Bones #3: To Resist Is Futile

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: EW (heads up 3-1)

Question: I recently discovered that we share the same birthday — Feb. 23! In honor of that, I think you should share some Bones scoop with me!

Ausiello: Seinfeld‘s Wayne Knight will channel his inner Willy Wonka when he guest-stars as a candy magnate in an episode that features “one of our most revolting body finds ever,” reveals exec producer Stephen Nathan. “A body is discovered inside one of the world’s largest chocolate bars. It’s delightfully revolting.”

Question: Which episode marks Hannah’s permanent exit from Bones?

Ausiello: That’s awfully presumptuous of you, Lexie. The fact is, Katheryn Winnick’s stint as Booth’s lover (and Brennan’s new BFF) doesn’t actually have an end date. “We don’t know how long she’s going to be with us this season,” says Nathan. “We want to keep it open. Hannah’s story is still evolving; we don’t know how we want to wrap it up. And even if she does go away, we want to leave open the possibility that she may come back.”

Question: It’s been a while since we’ve had any good Bones scoops. Do you have any interesting information to get me through the baseball hiatus?

Ausiello: How ’bout another tidbit about everyone’s favorite character, Hannah. “I’m working on an episode right now where Brennan and Hannah’s friendship is tested,” reveals Nathan. “It relates to something that happened between Booth and Brennan at the end of the Brennan-centric episode. It creates some friction between Booth, Brennan, and Hannah that has to be worked out.” Hmm…any thoughts on what happens between B&B? Hit the comments!

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Oh God make it stop! Too much kissing!

Mythbusters tested the toothbrush thing Bones was talking about. It's true! I don't keep my toothbrush in the bathroom. It's in a toothbrush case, in a bag in my room where the door is almost always closed whether I'm in there or not lol.

LOL at Cam's "If you're taking orders..."

"A spinning on his head dancer"... lol, it's called breakdancing, Cam.

"ear flower" lol.

B&B were startled by bronze guy lol.

Sweets and bronze guy and the Shakespeare quotes heh.

It's a good thing Bones was there and looked at Hannah's x-ray.

Poor Hodgins... he's always the guinea pig.

Gah! I like Hannah, but the constant kissing scenes make me feel like I'm watch a soapy drama.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  3. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

Are the writers trying to make Hannah unlikeable? "Where's my present?" Arrggh!

4. GregNickRyanFan

That was odd, but I think they were trying to make her funny. They're trying to open up a friendship between her and Bones. I guess this is going to be their type of banter lol.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yeah I think they were going for funny but it came off more arrogant than funny. My husband was watching with me and he was really annoyed by her in that scene.

:rolleyes: My goodness! It is the definition of annoying :rolleyes:

The toothbrush thing was disgusting. Now everytime I go to the bathroom I think about it :shifty:.

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I wonder if the human statue guy always speaks in Shakespeare quotes, because that seems like a really weird disorder.

I agree with y'all about Hannah demanding a present.

7. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

'Bones' spin-off episode delayed

The episode of Bones that will plant the seed for a potential spin-off is still a go, but production on it has been moved from December to early 2011, Fox confirms to EW. News of the delay was first reported by Michael Ausiello, whose source told him “creative reasons” were to blame. Fox would not comment on the cause of the schedule change, but Bones creator Hart Hanson did type a telling (and humorous) tweet on Nov. 4 that said, “I received studio notes on the Bones spin-off idea. They want it to be better. Unreasonable taskmasters. Impossible dreamers. Neo-platonists.” The episode will introduce tracker Walter Sherman, the central figure in “The Locator” novels by Richard Greener. In the books, Sherman is a Vietnam vet, but in the Bones world, Sherman will be a former military policeman who served in Iraq with Booth (David Boreanaz). Just as Booth didn’t originally get along with socially-challenged Brennan, he and Sherman — who suffered brain damage overseas that left him “skeptical of every statement” — will butt heads. Brennan, on the other hand, will be fascinated by him. Fox confirms the casting of Sherman is underway.

8. GregNickRyanFan

Could I suggest David James Elliot (Jag), James Marsters (BTVS/Angel's Spike) or Michael T. Weiss (Pretender) for the role? I can't really think of anyone else at the moment. I'd love to see Michael T. Weiss back on tv to be honest. :) And if it was James Marsters, I'd love to see him and David on screen together again. And they are good at playing guys who don't particularly get along lol.

9. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Ohhhh... OK with all but David James Elliot. Experience his "celebrity" in Whistler a number of years ago and he is officially ruined for me! :p

Instead, I'd take Ben Browder, but probably only because I desperately need him back on TV!!! :lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

I have no idea what Whistler is. I know the name Ben Browder, but I can't remember who he is lol.

Thoughts on tonight's episode:

LOL at B&B walking in on Sweets and Daisy.

Accidental intercourse. LOL!

D: I was returning a book.
    T: And your pants fell off? :guffaw:

Or maybe she tripped and fell on his lips. hehe.

Pink fuzz on the skeleton... that's curious.

Pink Chia Pet, haha. "Ocean snot that looks like something that Barbie wore to the Prom" hehe... angie's got good descriptions.

Booth handing Sweets the 8-ball haha.

Booth: How is it that I went to bed Han Solo and woke up Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Loved Brennan's "I told you so" grin when they found they vic had used someone else's ID.

Fluffy pink worm is called a bone eating snot flower? lol.

Daisy's story about the deer lol.

Quasi-virgin offer haha. And of course all the women are hitting on Sweets hehe.

Loved Booth's reactions to Temperance talking to the young guy.

Peanut butter and egg sandwich. Yuck!

Screech and Jessie? No thanks lol.

Not the Lancelot thing again!

Next week's episode looks hilarious!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  11. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Whistler is the ski resort in Canada. Ben Browder was on Farscape and the last 2 seasons of Stargate SG1. Very hot in addition to being very good. :)

Haven't seen tonights Bones yet... arrrrrg.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Oh right! I knew the name was familiar lol.

13. Elayne

Elayne Police Officer

I didn't care much for the "A" story (they've done better), but loved the "B" story in which Cam slowly realizes that one of the slaves was probably her great-grandmother's mother.

14. Destiny

Source: TvGuide

When is Brennan finally going to wake up and see what she's missing with Booth on Bones? — Sara

ADAM:
    Sooner than you think. In the midseason finale, Brennan investigates the murder of a workaholic, and Bones quickly draws parallels to her own life. "She's forced to face feelings that she's never had to deal with before," executive producer Stephen Nathan says. "She confronts the fact that this woman was running her whole life from feeling anything and she has to confront whether she's going to run her whole life from feeling anything. It butts right up against her relationship with Booth and the past five years of history."

15. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was bored with the last episode. I thought that they only interesting thing about it was the B story with they slaves and Cam's connection to it. The rest was just meh.