'Miami' Rescheduled Due To Football Overrun

Discussion in 'CSI Files News Items' started by CSI Files, Nov 8, 2010.

1. CSI Files

CSI Files Captain

While CSI: Miami fans in Canada got to watch the scheduled episode, “Reality Kills”, last night, CBS preempted the episode when football ran over more than an hour. A repeat was inserted into the schedule for Mountain and West Coast viewers, and CBS will put “Reality Kills” back into the lineup to be aired at [...]

More...

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: ?Miami? Rescheduled Due To Football Overrun

Hopefully airing out of order won't screw up viewers because of timelines or anything like that. But hey, it's Miami so it doesn't have to make sense, I guess. :lol:

3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Sunday nights are killing the show...I hope CBS changes the show's timeslot soon.

4. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Here's some encouraging news: Football season is half over.

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I am so glad CSI LV is on Thursday nights. :)

Don't worry, football will be over with at the beginning of February:rolleyes:.

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

PHEW, I thought I was missing something. I turned on the TV to watch the latest episode and I immediately said, this is a rerun? What's going on? LOL Now I know why. ;)

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It didn't come on where I am. Of course they had to show the reality shows. Oh no... can't pre-empt those lol.

I don't know why they can't just move Survivor to 7pm central on Sunday followed by Amazing Race and Undercover Boss. Then on Wednesdays move Defenders into Survivors time slot and put Miami after Criminal Minds.

8. Meta

Meta Hit and Run

Because that would make too much sense.

9. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

For once living in Canada comes through :) I gave up watching Miami on CBS because of this. Although I think watching football would have been more entertaining and interesting than Miami :rolleyes:

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It was already aired out of order.This episode was originally scheduled before the Halloween episode

No, football wouldn't have been more interesting. Miami has been pretty good so far this season.Better team dynamics(the best we've seen in a long time), and better screen time for neglected characters, those two facts themselves make the show more interesting than it has been for several seasons.Getting pushed back and having an episode not air at all however is not entertaining.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Exactly :lol:

I have to confess that between the timeslot and the storylines this season I keep forgetting to watch. Last night I remembered at around 8:30 that it was Miami night and that there was supposed to be a new episode. That didn't happen to me before, especially with CSI Miami.

Having the reality shows on Sunday is a good idea. So yep they'll probably not do it...

12. GregNickRyanFan

LOL, true. CBS needs to take a trip to Oz and ask the Wizard for better business sense. I mean seriously, it doesn't take a genius to figure out that pairing a cop show with 60 minutes and two reality shows is a bad idea. Reality Sunday would be a better idea. Miami would fit better on Wednesday night paired with Criminal Minds... it might even give it a slight boost in ratings.

If this had happened last season or the season before I probably wouldn't have cared as much... but this season has shown so much improvement with character screentime balance and all (as is CSI: LV in that department) that its just sad that CBS is doing this.

13. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

CBS should show one NFL Football instead of two. Second NFL should move to ESPN. The show will get cancelled if this keep up.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Well, in my opinion, I think all sports stuff should stay on the ESPN channels and stay off of local channels. Those who don't have the ESPNs can go to a sports bar to watch the games or to a buddy's house. Or CBS should just pre-empt all of their Sunday night shows during sports times like Fox does with Bones (and whatever else is on that same night on that channel) during ball games. Bones goes off every season for several weeks until the sports stuff is over with. Fox is nicer... they don't want to to piss off viewers by having the shows pushed back an hour or so later due to sports. CBS apparently just doesn't give a crap lol. But they should because if they keep this crap up, they could lose a lot of viewers. Some may get so fed up that they decide not to watch the channel anymore as a whole... if everyone stopped watching the channel completely, then where would CBS be? All those bigwig execs would end up out of money/a job.

15. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I too have always felt football should be shown on seperate channels vs having our favorite programs delayed or canceled due to it. Over the past fews, I've gotten SICK of having to play a guessing game about when my shows will be on.
    The cold hard truth is this though, when CBS wants to cancel a show, they put it in this time slot, as it is easily among the worst ones. Logic about keeping a show is canceled out by the bean counters and big wigs who care about $$$, and nothing more.