Grade 'Hide Sight'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Nov 5, 2010.

?

How would you grade Hide Sight?

1. A+

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  2. A

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. A-

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. B+

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  5. B

3 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  7. C+

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh, i don't think he was manic, he was far too in control for that. mania often leads to violence but i doubt a manic person would have the patience to set up a sniper shot, it'd be more likely to be a random splurge, at least that's how it generally is when i'm manic & from what i've heard it's pretty typical (not that i've ever shot anyone!!)

it was, it almost went into criminal minds territory, although i think their world is much crueller, or at least censors it less.:lol:

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I see. I'm not sure what my ex-friend had but he exhibited similar behavior as that perp. Enough so that I was kinda bummed being reminded of him.
    -----------
    Oh gosh yes. Criminal Minds is rough. I wonder how they get by with the gore at 8pm. It seems much worse. Given I like the show all right, but I began watching purely to watch Reid. He is yummy.

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Just a quick critique, as we just watched this~

Sniper.. two dead bodies Vics head explodes and into Sid's face gross..

John Laroquette as Chief Carver, gives Mac a hard time & their combatitive rhetoric Mac "I never used the word "Sniper"~

AJ reinacting the crime scene, as Lindsay and Jo also were processing it LIndsay finds the dead Beetle. So Mac realizes that this 9-yr. old boy went missig 15 years ago, he spent 3 years looking for him. It showed the kid tied up and a beetle crawling on his arm, and finds a floorboard loose pulls it up and escapes. did he grow up to become a sniper:confused:Mac did keep in touch as much as he could but as time went by he lost touch with him. Goes to his apt. so bizarre and creepy Flack and danny find another dead body with crawling beetles all over him.. EWWWW:wtf: but it's the kid they thought was the sniper~

Mac saves Haley and then they realize it was the kids brother Tom who was ignored because of all the notoriety of his famous kidnapping~ He made a tape stating nhow he felt emptyness, loneleness and abondonment, so Jo puts his face all over the cell phone web, they trap him n a roof top [where else?] Mac shoots the nitroglycerin bullets, and big explosion~ They handcuff him~

Jo gets Sid new specs. and as a kid Michael admired Mac's badge so he goes to where all his belongings where and places his badge amonst them..nice touch;)

Good episode:bolian:

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Poor Sid. It was nice of Jo to get him some new glasses.

I didn't expect Michael's brother to be the killer, that was a twist. He said something about spending his life in a hole and that's why he did this (to get attention), but the guy had to know that if he got caught and arrested he'd be spending the rest of his life in a hole... so really what good would it do to get noticed?

5. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I actually jumped when that bullet exploded in Sid's face. The bloody glasses hitting the ground was a nice touch.

They misspelled "Arthur" on the case file. They spelled it "Aurthur".

Why was Mac touching everything in that apartment with no gloves on?

Felt bad for Michael. Poor guy, living the nightmare that he did only to have his loser brother kill him.

What is it with these people who kill to get noticed. Really? Your name will be in the paper for two to three days and after that no one will remember who you are except the victims' families.

Glad that Sid made a reappearance. Although, he should of had stitches or some kind of scar on his face.

Jo is so sweet.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It was an ok episode, gave it a B-.

Things I liked:

-The explosion with Sid. I was not expecting that.

-The neighbor and Mac. I'm glad she wasn't a victim and her scenes with Mac were nice.

-Jo giving Sid the glasses. That was so sweet and nice. I heart Jo too :).

-Flack when arriving in the kid's room and saying "I'm gonna go with guilty" :lol: or something to that effect.

7. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

he did! at the end when jo was talking to him he had all cuts and stuff over his face.

8. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

That line made me laugh....and not much Flack in this episode. :::sigh::: I'm still having trouble with the hair. Now the first thing I notice about him is not his blue eyes, but his big hair. :angryrazz:

Liked Jo and her interactions with the team. I really liked her exchange with Sid. Just gentle ribbing and no real sexual overtones. Nice.

Mac was OK. Not too pompous. I think John L. is kind of wasted in his role though. I wish HE was the focus. Did anyone catch the totally "Dan Fielding" smile before he stepped up to the microphone to begin the press conference? Made me smile.

B+ from me.

Tobin

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

B-

The case was interesting, although it was pretty predictable. I didn't mind that Mac had a connection to the case at first because it would make sense he'd remember investigating a big child abduction case, but when it became personal with him visiting the family after Michael came home it was just too much. Why must everything be personal for Mac?

It's no secret that I dislike Lindsay, but it really bugged me that she had to carry the idiot ball for the entire episode. First she makes the stupid comment about not being aware that something bad can happen to someone at any minute - I mean, really, Lindsay? You work for the friggin' crime lab and you survived a random, mass murder as a kid. You of all people should be acutely aware that anything can happen to anyone at any time. Then she acts like she can't make simple connections in the case (Michael taking the last name of his abductor for one example) without Mac or Jo having to explain them to her.

And I just have to say that I like it better when Danny and Lindsay don't work together. Let them have their little random married interactions during the day, but that's it. Lindsay is much more tolerable away from Danny.

I liked Jo "mothering" Sid with the glasses, but overall she kind of bugged me this week because she was most often the person who had to explain stuff to Lindasy like she was a moron. Don't get me wrong, I still think Jo is awesome overall, but this week she had a toe over the line to irritating.

I kept thinking Flack wasn't going to appear in the episode but be mentioned in every scene. :p That was kind of weird that they mentioned him 847 times before we saw him, but I found it amusing.

I really liked John Laroquette's interactions with Gary, even though there was nothing new about the "Mac butts heads with a superior" stuff shown in this episode. I'm curious to see how the rest of his arc goes.

10. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

because he's mac, dammit!! ;) actually i must've missed the bit where he visited the family - when was that?

actually yeah that bothered me too, i'm not the biggest lindsay fan but she's not a total moron.

yep, definitely, they need to do this more often!

i agree about flack too, it was like he was hovering in the background but hardly ever there!

11. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Yes, I know he's Mac, and Mac Taylor will not tolerate such insolence!

When he was talking to Jo about the working on the abduction case he mentioned that he followed up and visited the family a few times and then lost touch. He mentioned that Michael always wanted to wear his badge, which tied into the end when Mac found the artwork that had his badge number on it.

12. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

no! he will get his punishment of insolence hat on and reprimand you severely!

oh yeah, that! sorry, i thought you meant something else. actually in that instance i understood it - obvoiusly they always have lots of cases but one that drags on for 3 years must lead to a pretty close (working) relationship between all involved, including the detectives. so i could allow that.

the badge bit was... well, slightly icky but bearable.

13. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Ok...I had high expectations from this one but I guess that I was proved wrong..:(
    At the start I was super-excited with the idea of a sniper in NY!!The plot reminded me of Miami Killzone which is one of my favorite episodes!!:)
    But as the case progressed I was dissapointed.:(Little science too I think on this one.:(

I am glad that Sid is ok.....:lol:Loved the final scene he shared with Jo!!!:guffaw:
    Laroquette was great with jis scenes with Mac!!!

B- for me.

14. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I didn't see them. His face looked smooth to me. Maybe I need stronger glasses. :)

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator