Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. missyb

missyb Victim

I have just watched ep2 of S11 and I had to watch the scene like, five times before I could properly comprehend it. It never really dawned on me that I was a Wedges shipper before the Field Mice episode of last season, but I have all along, not really realising!

I am so disappointed that TPTB haven't explored the potential with Hodges and Wendy - I really feel like there was something there to elaborate on. Also, I felt it strange that Wendy would discuss her new job with Henry, judging by her behaviour when he asked her out for a date (!!) - but can understand why she wouldn't tell Hodges for a while, although I really think he would have encouraged her to become a field, regardless of location.

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I agree ... (I'll repeat something I wrote in another thread)

the fact that Wendy didn’t talk to Hodges about her potential new job in Portland isn’t logical. In 10x06 she complained to him about not getting the possibility to be in the field. Hodges offered talking to Ecklie about it and ended with the sentence “I just want you to be happy” If that’s the case why shouldn’t she talk to him? Then there’s 10x18…in which Hodges again showed he really cared for her by putting the blame on him for something she did to Henry.. if anything.. she should be grateful actually, because her file stayed “clean” because of what he did for her + her saying that wat she’s suppose to want isn’t what she does want…
    She didn’t want to tell him earlier because he would blame henry for her leaving?? It doesn’t make sense… the way tptb have portrayed Wendy the past years.. she never seemed like a person who would not dare to tell the facts.. so the fact she didn’t tell Hodges does not make sense in my csi world ;-) Above that she never gave Hodges a chance to let him prove he really cares for her… it seems likes she did not trust him to be mature enough to deal with the fact she wants to be in the field..it makes no sense in the perspective of earlier actions (i.e. putting the blame on him

3. missyb

missyb Victim

I totally agree that I haven't quite figured out why Wendy didn't tell Hodges about the move, but then I suppose he would have tried to fight for her if he thought she was definitely going to go, and Wendy seems pretty head strong. For a while after the episode I wondered whether Wendy was going because as Henry has said, Hodges didn't make the full move on Wendy when he had the chance, but then when Wendy was in the locker room, Hodges said he wanted to pick up where they had left off (so I'm presuming Wendy went away for a bit).

I have just posted a Wedges fanfic in the fic section if anyone is interested :)

4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

That's what was bothering me. I couldn't quite put my finger on what felt wrong with that scene, but you hit the nail on the head, PalmTree. Yeah, Hodges probably would've fought to keep her. But in the end, if he really cared about her (which he clearly does), he would've let her go. It would've hurt like hell, but he'd do it. In fact, he probably would've taken it better if he'd been prepared for it. (Don't even get me started about the fact that in the episode he suddenly doesn't care enough about her life to remember where she had gone and who she'd gone to see.)

5. missyb

missyb Victim

That really irritated me too - there is no way Hodges wouldn't have known where Wendy was going and who she was seeing - it was just totally implausible and that was my first thought when he said it! As for letting her go, I am divided - I think if it had been a move to a lab in Portland he may have put up more resistance (but probably ultimately letting her go), but because it was a field job, and he realises how much being in the field means to Wendy, he was probably more willing.

I'm still shocked that there was no proper parting scene, either with Hodges and Wendy alone, or with Wendy and all of the team.

6. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Wendy and Hodges are so much more alike then I think either realize. And I believe that they both put their careers before anything else...despite their growing attraction to one another. Hodges first commitment is to the Lab, Wendy's relentlessness and determination toward getting out into the field...both obstacles that I don't think neither are truly ready to overcome. At least not just yet! But that is just a thought....for I have so many and various theories and scenarios floating about in my head.

As for talking to Henry over Hodges? Remember, Wendy and Henry are still friends, and sometimes it's harder to talk to the one you have feelings for, about such an issue. That even though the other should understand and be supportive and encouraging, there is still that bias opinion/influence. Why wouldn't Hodges not want her to stay? He finally made the decision to put his personal life ahead of his professional one...you know he would have tried to make her stay. Perhaps not so much now as he would probably of had in the past seeing he did state that he wanted her to be happy, but he loves her. He was hinting around that he was willing to change his priorities...suggesting coffee, or dinner in 'Pool shark'! For him to speak to Catherine about the protocol of office relationships in 'A Space Oddity.'

On the other hand, as the quote goes; "If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it dosent, then it was never meant to be." Hodges does care for Wendy. Wants her to be happy, so he managed to let her go. If it's meant to be, then maybe she'll eventually come back.

Perhaps it's just my wild imagination and wishful thinking, but;

With the talks of Marg leaving after this season and the fate of Jorja up in the air....should CSI continue for another season, could or would they consider bringing Wendy back to Vegas as an experienced CSI? I mean, they didn't renew Liz's contract for season 11....but that don't mean they couldn't renew it for season 12. Just a thought to ponder!

And as for the recent episode...'Bump and Grind', it was nice to hear that Hodges still has Wendy on the mind. :) That being out in the field was helping to keep him sane. Can't blame the guy though. The trace lab is directly across from the DNA lab so I am sure it is a constant reminder for him.

PS...sorry for the randomness. Just trying to make a little comment on everything seeing I haven't posted in a while. :lol:

7. missyb

missyb Victim

I know I'm totally all over this thread at the moment, but I really agree with that quote, from an outsider and personal point of view. I have always felt that if it's meant to be, it will happen regardless of what is placed in the way. Also, Portland isn't the other side of the country (although my knowledge of the US is pretty poor) so...

I was thinking about this the other day - I wonder whether Wendy's departure to Portland is to get experience in the field, and when Jorja and/or Marg departs at the end of this season, she will return. To be honest, if both of those main characters go, I think it's highly likely (or perhaps I'm dreaming) that Liz will return, because I feel CSI would like to have a character that the viewers can identify.

8. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I think that would be a great solution, and I totally hope that TPTB think of it too! :) As some people have said in other threads, bringing in yet another new face to replace Marg and/or Jorja, when we're still getting used to Ray, would just be too much - so bringing Liz back would be perfect. She's already familiar, and with this Portland job, she'd have the experience to go straight into the field (a lot like Riley did when she joined).

I wonder though, by the time she returns, would Hodges have come to accept life without her, and they'd have to start fresh, or would they jump right back in where they left off? I think it would be interesting to see them getting to know each other again, after the changes of the year apart, but still find that same spark eventually.

9. missyb

missyb Victim

I think Hodges would take a while to get used to Wendy being around again, as he almost seems resigned to their fate in the vampire episode when he speaks to Catherine about having love and lost it (I sobbed!) - I think because of the long build up of the relationship between the two, Hodges wouldn't necessarily accept life without Wendy - I think his feelings towards Wendy is something he's not experienced before, in terms of someone giving him the time of day and actually reciprocating, so I doubt he would give up on it so easily.

I think it would be so perfect to bring Liz back for S12 but with field status. I can only hope the TPTB think the same thing!

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

This is a beautiful quote... indeed appropriate to the current situation with Hodges and Wendy, but also to events in the real world :cool:

No surprise here... I totally agree with all you guys have been saying in the spoilertags.. Unfortunately I have this feeling that TPTB are never thinking the same thing concerning Wedges.... but then again who knows...miracles aren´t out of this world yet :)

slightly offtopic for this thread... so I keep it short... I like your story :)

11. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Tonight we have a rerun of 10x06..
    And as I often do before watching, I read the review in the csi episode guide... and I couldn't resist to put a part of that review in this thread....

Just because I miss them :(

12. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Well... I guess I'm in a sort of sentimental mood :cool: I just finished re reading the two threads dedicated to Wedges... Once again I'm wondering about the creative direction.... (If there was one :rolleyes:)

I do hope there will be some spectacular surprises for the wedges shippers... I think it's time the ship leaves the harbour again, heading to a sea full of possibilities ;)

In other words bring back Liz Vassey already.....

13. legitlyobsessed

legitlyobsessed Police Officer

i absolutely loved this Ship! even when i didn't watch CSI: that much.

14. majdurna

majdurna Victim

good job. Thanx for you.

15. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I totally miss this ship as well. It still urks me that tptb decided to do away with it...so much potential. And throughout the past season, I kept hoping that Hodges would say something...anything that could have hinted to wedges fans that he had been in contact with Wendy.

Though I am still optimistic for a miracle for the upcoming season. Hoping that tptb rights their wrong. I know I am probably living in my own little fantasy world in regards to this happening, but hey, one can certainly hope.