Episode 9x05 - 'Sleepless in Miami' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 29, 2010.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

Thanks for clearing up my questions - I guess I thought someone would've thought to check the dude for drugs, but the hallucinagen probably wouldn't have shown up in the tox screen anyway.

As for the aside about H not getting hurt - I kind of meant, like, really hurt - seriously - not just a scrape on his hand or a cut on his forehead. I mean getting shot, or stabbed or even bleeding from a car accident or something. You know, like Mac has happen to him every other week, just to prove he's human. Just thought it would've been interesting to see Horatio actually hurt for real - maybe in the hospital. But that would've really complicated the episode...

2. Tilly Mint

Tilly Mint Hit and Run

In last nights episode did anyone else notice Ryans footwear changed all thru the episode he was wearing sneakers untill the end when the coins dropped he had black shoes on.

3. yen35

yen35 Witness

Excellent episode. I loved the Science about the hallucinogens. There was an actual case similar in the town where I live in where a psychic kind of person (I am not sure of the exact term) did this kind of 'spell' to make this girl fall in love with a guy and they eloped and after the spell wore away, she couldn't understand why she eloped with him. Many people didn't believe her when she said she didn't know what she was doing, just like Natalia was skeptical of what Jason was telling at the beginning. The animal derived neurotoxin was very cool too. Superb acting by everybody also.

4. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

This is the first opportunity I have had to post, but IMHO this is the best episode by far this year and maybe in a while. It doesn't hurt that Natalia was front and center.:thumbsup:

Random Thoughts:

Boy, Jason was sure tripping.

Oh good, Tom is back:thumbsup: I laughed when he yelled "Oh" and ran out of the room.:lol:

And there is Travers too:thumbsup:

A great performance by Eva!! She was so underutilized the last couple of seasons but when she has a chance to shine, she really knocks it out of the park. I really felt her terror while under the drug thinking Ryan and Horatio was an eyeless:eek: Nick:thumbsup:

Ryan looked good and enjoyed him overall. Loved his tackle of Natalia.

Never thought I would hear myself say this, but I am enjoying watching Ryan and Eric work together. Their lunch wager was cute. Glad they are not at each other's throats.

The one thing that I love about this season above everything else is the emphasis on the "team" that has surfaced. Not only the brainstorming of cases, but the "all for one, one for all" attitude. A prime example with Eric, Calleigh, and Ryan surrounding Natalia's hospital bed. Looks as if the fans have been heard in this regard.

I laughed out loud when the psychic was touching Ryan's face and both he and Eric's reaction to it.

"Where was she three years ago":lol:

Thought the explanation behind how Jason and Natalia became drugged was interesting.

I felt bad for Jason.

This eppie showed the characteristic of Horatio I like best; his protective nature toward those who work for him. Not only was he and Ryan protecting Natalia from IAB who probably wouldn't have understood, but from Natalia herself who probably would have beaten herself up for shooting at her boss and coworker. This one of the reasons his CSIs are so fiercely loyal to him:thumbsup:

IMO, at times in the last couple of seasons, Calleigh had seemed distant to me so I loved seeing the Concerned and Caring Calleigh return at Natalia's bedside.

My favorite scene: Ryan at the vending machine. He did receive his money but who knew it would be in quarters?;) "No one will believe this":lol:

An A from me!!!:thumbsup:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I noticed the sneakers, but didn't notice the switch. Well, I mean I recall it now that you mentioned it, but at the time I didn't notice lol. I thought the sneakers with that suit looked odd though lol.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

If you look at the pics,he's not actually wearing a suit. I thought the sneakers were cute though.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yep...he was wearing a suit jacket, but he matched it with a pair of jeans.
    Also he he was wearing one of those shirts with the stripe in the collar I hate so much....I'm seeing lots of them lately on TV & whenever there's an action scene I always think they're strangling the person with that kind of shirt, especially if it happens in a dark set :lol:

Though, I must say he looked sooooooooooo sexy!!! :devil:

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, that's what I meant... suit jacket. :lol:

9. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

Wow. That's all I can say. This episode was outstanding! The beginning moved a little slow IMO, but it sure picked up pace! I mean, Eva La Rue really hit this one out of the park! I cannot think of anyone who would have done a better job with that part other than maybe Jon Togo. I felt a ton of sympathy for her and for Jason too. And boy, was it a treat to see Natalia be the one that jumps to conclusions and Eric being the one who was calm. And did I see some continuity?! :eek: Wow, I didn't know the Miami writers had it in them! Oh and before I forget to mention, the ending scene with Ryan was hilarious and I loved all of the team scenes! I'm looking forward to a great season! Hopefully there will be MANY more episodes like this!

My Grade: A+

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

This is the best episode to date with the pilot not too far behind!. If this is the final curtain, I hope the eps are as good as last one.

11. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Well I was a little worried, after seeing all these glowing reviews about the episode, that it would be a bit of a let down. But it certainly wasnt. Absolutely loved it, and I havent been able to say that about a Miami epi for quite some time!
    Eva did a fantastic job. It is great to see her getting some quality screentime. From her disbelief in the suspects dream claim to her seeing Nick she was utterly believable.
    Loved Ryan's scenes as well. His reactions to the psychic and her prediction were very amusing, and the end scene with the money was just perfect.
    The case was compelling and different, which was very refreshing. I felt sorry for Jason, think that actor did a good job with it.
    Some nice team scenes as well. What more could I want................!

12. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Encouraged by your positive reviews I have now watched this episode - first one since the season opener(as none of the stories plus luck of EC really sound interesting enough for me).
    I liked it. I think noone can really complain about lack of Natalia anymore - she was in every scene and was really good. :thumbsup: There was a decent amount of everyone else there as well, except my fave, Calleigh. Scenes with her are painful to watch for me as her interaction with Eric are almost non-existent and still no word of explanation of what really happened and what the status of their relationship is(and that's really one of the very few reasons I still watch as I would have given this show up long time ago if it wasn't for them). I have a feeling that there is something going on between Nat and Ryan, are they trying to create a new EC? With that writers talent for writing a romance I hope it will not happen:rolleyes: Even though I must say I like the pairing(Ryan lost some weight I think, in the opening scene he had a skinny jeans, I don't like them on men).
    Story is interesting, I like the actress that played the psychic and that scene with touching Ryan's face was funny.
    I like this not so new anymore ME more and more. He is such an interesting character, I actually wouldn't be surprised if he had a dark secret, like 3 ex-wives buried in his garden:guffaw:That's how strange he is .
    I like Travers too. It's funny how Britons accent on American tv shows is always a bit exegarrated(like Ross's wife Emily's in Friends). I'm not British but live in London for few years now and not many people speak like that here :)
    Overall - a decent episode, good story.

13. DragonFriend95

DragonFriend95 Lab Technician

So far I haven't seen anything to suggest that Ryan and Natalia are anything beyond really good friends; it's getting rarer every day to see a lovely platonic relationship between a boy and girl on television, so I hope for the sake of my non-shipping heart that tptb will stick with the wonderful friendship they have so far.

As someone who lives in Scotland, has many English friends and often goes on cross-country trips with the family I've yet to see anyone with the stereotypical English accent that is portrayed on American television. It's gotten to the point that I'm continually rolling my eyes whenever yet another overemphasised Brit appears. In saying that I do adore Travers :lol:

I've watched clips of the episode without sound (my computer has a lack of speakers :lol:) and from what I've seen and heard this is going to be one of the best Miami episodes in a fair while :thumbsup:

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It's been interesting people's reaction to the season so far.I'm finding the season to be the best that it has been in a while.
    The screentime has been good and it's really about time,it was criminal what was being done before and sometimes painful for fans of other characters.As far as Calleigh,I'm sure her screentime will increase once Emily returns from maternity leave. It really is only fair that we're seeing more of the other characters.That is why some of us still watch,for the other characters.Hopefully,viewers won't have to return to complaining about the lack of Natalia or anyone else for that matter.The team feel has been great so far this season also, and that needs to continue no matter what's going on or not going on with other characters and storylines.
    I agree with DragonFriend here.Miami does not do well with romances.Ryan and Natalia seem to be good friends,I would hate to see that messed up with an over the top,overly dramatic romance.
    Yes Ryan(Jon) has lost weight.The only thing I didn't like about his clothing in this episode is that we couldn't see those fabulous biceps of his. I think he looked great in the jeans and the shoes added a cute touch.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  15. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Oh, I totally agree with that - even though other characters are not interesting enough for me to watch for them only, I do think that Ryan and Nat have been neglected in previous seasons. I like Calleigh the most, but I'm happy that the screentime is rather equal this season. Of course, that could have been done in previous seasons, even with EC romance going strong, but that would need a new bunch of good writers and that is not likely to happen.
    There are many reasons to watch Miami, characters are some of them and I do agree that preferences of fans are different. I really don't need to have a hiphugger scene in every episode - I don't even want that - little smile or flirtation once per few episodes would do for me and most of EC fans. As a viewer who invested in that storyline I simply feel neglected and ignored - that's offensive how quickly the whole thing has been brushed off and done with without explanation. And in episode 5 - 3 episodes after the whole 'I love you like family' thing they really behave like they hardly knew each other. :eek:
    And about skinny jeans - I really don't like them in general, I can barely tolerate them on women(maybe if my ass was skinny it would be a different story:guffaw:) and just can't stand them on men. I didn't pay attention to shoes - I think I have to watch it again :) Ryan looks great skinny or not, but I think, it might be a bit shocking, that I preferred him a little bit more...hmm..round :lol: