9x04 - 'Manhunt' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 23, 2010.

1. mjszud

mjszud Captain

They were the nurses who, he assumed by the dates when they started thier jobs there, wouldn't treat his daughter's injuries & sent her to the other clinic. He spared the lady who said she'd only been there a week because she hadn't worked there at the time Elsa (?) had gone to the hospital.

2. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

A fairly exciting eppie. Although I also heard that Horatio would be probably be dealing with Meemo and others thoroughout this season, I would rather have seen Meemo get his:

Random Thoughts:

(Unfortunately, I was pretty tired when viewing this episode, so hopefully my comments won't be too far off the mark).

--More team emphasis, everyone working for everyone else and fairly equal screentime (need more Frank). Really loving this:thumbsup:

--I REALLY wanted Eric to shoot Meemo. I felt his rage and pain over Marasol's murder.

--Ryan and Natalia: don't mess with these two when they are annoyed!!

--Ryan is looking good and seemed a little subdued during this eppie
    Ryan: "Guess there is someone for everyone"

--I was surprised to see Calleigh somewhere other than behind a computer, but not saying it is a bad thing:lol:

--I was admittedly also pretty confused at first why Meemo was shooting up the ER. All about revenge for his daughter.

-IMHO, and to me a very good thing: Horatio seems to have returned to the focal point that the rest of the show and characters revolve around. (example a closing shot of a lone H and fade to black).

It will be interesting to see when or if Meemo comes back and how much more trouble he'll cause.

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm not replying to anyone in particular, but...

I actually really enjoyed the fact that Memmo got away and Horatio and Eric didn't get their guy. I'm looking forward to seeing more of him (if we do, but I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that we'll be seeing more of "Horatio's enemies" this season, so yay). I already said in my other post that I am reaaaally happy old characters are coming back.

Also, I wasn't exactly sure why he shot the nurses to begin with either. At first I thought he was trying to find nurses who worked at the hospital when Marisol died. :lol: Completely wrong there, I did eventually figure out though that it had to do with Memmo's daughter.

4. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Thanks. It makes sense now

5. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

IIRC, there wasn't much of a mention of Memmo's family in the earlier episodes. Which makes it all the more annoying that he, all of a sudden, has these deep-seeded feelings for his daughter, but has no compunction about killing a dozen other people. How do you base an entire episode around this vague plot rewind?

I guess the only redeeming part is that Robert Lasardo is perfectly cast as this repulsive human being: he also played a conniving murderous maniac on CSILV. He's been quoted as saying his tattoos were a hindrance in his acting career.

6. yen35

yen35 Witness

This episode was OK for me but I didn't like it as much as the other 3 episodes of this season. Firstly, I am not too big on prison breaks. There was already a guy who escaped from prison in 'Seeing Red'. And to have Memmo running around the whole season is not my cup of tea at all because season 4 was my least favorite season.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  7. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

i was too distracted by the fact that the daughter and her mom were the same age :lol:

I really enjoyed seeing all the guys working the crime scene together.

I was a little distracted by Memmo, because last time I saw the actor was on Nip Tuck where he played the same character (basically, not literally) and I kept getting Memmo mixed up with the character from Nip Tuck...

Overall I thought this was sort of 'just another episode' not good, not bad...in the middle. Kind of, typical, and expected.

I didn't learn anything new... I didn't get any personal information about any of the characters...

and if this show turns back into a (mostly) hardy-boys style show with Eric and Horatio being all 'boys-club' and everyone else is doing the HW while H & E are out doing the hands-on bad-boy work, I'm going to get so annoyed! -- The pairings of characters are almost always predictable...Eric is (typically) paired with H or Calleigh, Ryan is usually with Walter or Natalia... Natalia is probably the only one who can be seen with everyone. -- While there was a lot of team interactions, it was all superficial or case related. I know this is a crime show, and not a soap opera or sitcom...but I still look for character development and continuity...

I understand why Calleigh is not as present (due to pregnancy) but I hate that TPTB just choose to ignore the issue, and make it 'normal'....sort of how us Natalia fans have felt the past 4 seasons (yay for more Natalia this season)...she just slowly faded more and more to the back ground (literally disappearing for episodes at a time last season) with no explanation or acknowledgment... throw us a bone...at least write something into the script...even a line or something...some plausible explanation or recognition by a team member saying 'Oh yea, Calleigh's been working in the lab a lot because...." ... or Calleigh mentioning that she maybe has been distracted by family issues.... something...

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  8. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

I like this episode better than the last two.... i love that memmo is back an the picture it makes for more drama this season..... It was great to see calleigh outside of the lab...Eric was great to but were was frank i seen him like 2 times an this episode we need more of him ! !

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't want to see that either but I think we are in for at least a few episodes of the "all boys club" of Horatio and Eric because Memmo is still on the loose.
    Actually,I've seen Ryan paired with everyone.Natalia was missing quite a bit or had less screentime(last season especially) so while she worked with a variety of team members,I don't think it can be said she is the only one paired with everyone.I like the pairing of Natalia and Ryan or Natalia,Ryan and Horatio.
    They're being consistent,other things haven't been explained,maybe they figured why give special attention for this situation. Of course,it could have easily been explained as health issues because of her respiratory status,but it doesn't bother me that it wasn't addressed because there are plenty of others things that need attention.
    I would like to know a little more about Walter as well as a little more about Ryan's background myself.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  10. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

It was a pretty good episode - the actor that played Memmo made the show for me - his range as a character was great, and it was awesome to see him go from cold-blooded killer to concerned father in the same scene (I really liked his phone call to Horatio - He really knew H could find her and wanted him too - you could hear the desperation in his voice. :thumbsup:

As for the storyline - meh :shifty: I swear, the only storyline that TPTB have kept continuity on is the Marisol murder. It's amazing - everything else on the show is either completely dropped (ie: Cal's dad and her family's problems; Horatio killing his dad, etc.) or so confusing and badly written that it is painful to watch (in my humble opinion, E/C fits into this category.)

Why is it that TPTB keep bringing up what many Miami fans consider the LAMEST storyline ever??? (I have yet to meet more than one person online who actually liked the whole "Horatio marries Delko's dying sister and then she gets murdered right after they're married" scenario.) :rolleyes:

The characters did get a lot of equal time - it was a pretty good team show - so I could tolerate it. Memmo's character was a complex villain, which is a rare thing on Miami, so that was refreshing.

I do have to say that I'm tired of the "Hard Boys" thing - enough w/Eric and H on a manhunt! I'm very tired of seeing Eric skulking around trying to act like Horatio. One wonders how they will bring back the storyline once these two kill Memmo (which you know they will - I was just really hoping it would be this ep. so we could finally let the whole Marisol debacle rest in peace. :rolleyes:)

On a side note: Aren't there still a few more criminals out there loose, aside from Memmo? I know Horatio caught one on the bus, and then Memmo escaped, but weren't there others? I wonder who they are - I was hoping for Stetler, but you'd think they would've said something by now if that were the case.