Episode 9x03 - 'See No Evil' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 15, 2010.

1. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

I did enjoy Ryan's parts last night... I find hard to believe that he doesn't know Will Smith, :rolleyes:.

I give the epi a A-.

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I thought the same thing when I saw the sketch artist and Ryan, I saw some sparks between them. Would be nice if Ryan got a new love interest.

I knew that H was going to say that too

MiamiWolfe, I agree about Ben it was great that he was not shown as helpless but helpful.

3. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I was pleasantly surprised by the episode. I don't normally like Krystal Houghton's episodes, but this one had a lot of great elements--namely Horatio doing some investigation on his own (Layout room, inside the sewers etc.) and a victim & witness who were relatable and sympathetic. I really enjoyed the blind witness' contribution to the case.

I'm going to guess-though this is pure speculation-that the fact that Ryan uses hand sanitizer was an attempt to allude to his OCD tendencies, which is nice to see for a change. I actually liked his interaction with the sketch artist, too.

One thing about the episode that I could have done without is Eric's constant 'attack dog' investigation techniques. I'm not sure if Adam or TPTB decided to evolve Eric in that fashion, but I don't remember him going off on suspects and becoming physical with them too much in the earlier seasons. It's nice to see that there IS some evolution going on, and it's natural to want to do something different after playing the same character for so many years, but I feel that it's to the detriment of said character, despite what he's been through since season 4. Could be my personal bias as I've never had a particular interest in Delko, but it is what it is.

I hadn't remembered Joe LeBrock too much earlier seasons, aside from not liking that season too much in general, so I was expecting his presence to be lame and contrived but I actually liked how it played out. He was very skeevy. :lol:

Overall, pretty enjoyable episode.

4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

Honestly, it;s these character quirks that make me like Ryan more.

also liked (as DeaditeSlayer mentioned) the nod to Ryan's OCD ...with the hand sanitizer...

You didn't think that him digging an escape route...AND escaping long enough to kidnap a girl with no one working at the jail noticing, to be MORE than a little far fetched??... not to mention all the other goons doing the same thing... -- Makes the jail system look pretty pathetic...if I worked for law enforcement I would've been ridiculously offended.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  5. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Worked in Shawshank Redemption which where I think they got the idea from. Also I've read a couple of instances where prison officials let their guard down where they shouldn't have.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think Ryan was unaware of who Will Smith is. I think it was the other name he didn't recognize. I wouldn't have recognized the name Chanum Tating (or whatever his name is) if I hadn't just watched "Dear John" recently. :lol: I think Ryan also may have been confused by why the woman was mentioning the two of them. I'm sure Ryan knows who Will Smith is.

7. nsynckal

nsynckal Hit and Run

I kinda agree about Eric being so aggressive. I mean it's nice to see him evolve like you said and when he gets angry... it's really hot! LOL But I think it's too much too fast. If that makes any sense..?

However his little fight scene was...well hot! haha. Of course H had to save the day, and he usually does, but seeing Eric get rough was very nice! Being a big E/C fan, I would have loved to have seen a little scene between Eric and Calleigh... maybe her being concerned about his hand. Something cute to alleviate the pain from last week's "I love you like family" BS. I guess no E/C scenes is better than that.

But anyway I digress... Overall I liked the epi... I like Ryan and Natalia getting more screen time. And I def thought there were sparks between Ryan and the sketch artist. He def needs a girl! lol

8. Zipster

Zipster Witness

I really enjoyed this episode. A nice case with a lot going on. I still want to see Horatio in a lab coat more often, and it's about time he got some newer shirts!! but other then that, it's a good solid start to this season!

A

Z
    :thumbsup:

9. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

I really liked this episode :thumbsup: - there was a great human element that I think gets lost in all the "glits and glamour" of the Miami murders. Even the girl who was kidnapped was a very sympathetic character - she didn't come across as some "brat" - the actress did a GREAT job, and I really was concerned for her throughout the whole episode.

The episode was definitely different from the usual "hot girl/guy gets murdered by the beach/pool, etc. and I thought it was refreshing. :) Of course, it still involved a couple loaded w/$$, but the kidnapping made it a bit more intense. I kept wondering why LeBrock kept the girl alive, and I thought it would've been interesting to see what H would've done if they found the girl dead. But it was nice to have a happy ending, as someone else said, where no one died. :bolian:

Also, loved Ben - maybe they'll bring him back. :) I think him and Nat had a nice connection, and he was a very solid character - very believable and you didn't "pity" the guy - he wasn't a "victim," he was a strong person who was determined to help find that girl.

Ryan, for the most part was good - the "waving the hands" thing was a bit much, but other than that I thought he was good. LOVED seeing him and H together in action :thumbsup: - a nice break from the "bro-mance" I was worried would overtake the show w/Eric's return (although I think that's coming back next week :rolleyes: ) Also loved his "flirty" scene w/the sketch artist - Ryan is so REAL and funny - I love the guy. He's not "larger than life," but he's also a pretty decent guy - just has some problems like we all do. Here's to (hopefully) more Ryan this year!

The use of the team was good - everyone was pretty spread out and the focus was on the case, which I found intense, so that was OK.

And you know what? I really thought TPTB were going to turn the whole "Eric cut his hand" thing into another "magic moment" for E/C, so it was refreshing to me not to see that - we've had plenty of that over the last two years, and IMHO it's nice to see they're sticking w/strong storylines and the team element.

As for next week - not thrilled w/the storyline - I wish they would bring back more intriguing ones instead of the old ones that have been replayed way too much over the past four years - IMHO it's old, it's tired, and I really hope this is the end of the Marisol thing. :rolleyes:

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I know what you are trying to say, and I think they make him more human. I guess why it bothers me is that they write as if he is the only one who has certain personality quirks.

That was pretty cool.

I was being nice:lol::guffaw:. You would think SOMEONE would have missed him over that span of time he was gone:rolleyes:

The psydo-blank look on Ryan's face was the only thing that prompted me to say that. Chaddum Tatum I can understand. I am not even sure who he is:lol:

11. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

really fast paced episode-very emotional from the victim/girl she was crying like the whole time-terrified and who can blame her...if Joe LeBrock grabbed me I think I'd be hysterical too...too bad she didn't put no scratches on him like Kyle did years ago-liked him asking H "how's Kyle?" like yeah idiot you really want H remembering that you kidnapped his teenaged son awhile ago? liked H's comment to him though: they're gonna bury you now down a dark hole..really liked the spunky blind guy helping out-and liked how convenient that H was there from the beginning..

12. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

This was a great episode! It held my interest from beginning to end.
    I think everybody did an amazing job especially Ryan and Horatio, and I really loved the scene where they try to rescue the kidnapped girl in the bank.

I liked how they brought Joe LeBrock back.

13. yen35

yen35 Witness

Just watched the episode after getting back from a mini vacation. Really liked it for lots of reasons but mainly because its the 1st episode of CSIM I've seen without a dead body! Gone baby gone was also about a kidnapping but it had a dead body at some point.

Greatly enjoyed Ryan sitting with the sketch artist and helping her make the sketch, all the scenes with Ben, specially the last bit with him and Natalia where she says she's not doing him any special favors simply because he's blind but because he helped them, the scene where H and Eric caught some of the jailbreakers and the lab scenes where Calleigh and Walter figured out where the sodium alginate is used.
    I loved the part where Eric figured out how the inmates escaped from jail. Reminded me of Prison break which was a show I liked very much while it was on ( not too crazy about the 3rd and 4th seasons of it).

I do have a couple of questions about the epi tho. I do realize that everyone else has finished watching it and might not check this thread but oh well, I'll give it a try.

* I couldn't figure out what the kidnap victim Lindsay, was doing in the out of order men's toilet in the 1st place.

* Didn't get why Le Brock went back to jail when he could have walked out. Was he waiting to escape with the whole gang?

* I didn't understand the part where Calleigh asked Ben to help them figure out from near which bank the phone call asking for the pin number came from (when the girl called her parents asking for the pin). They got him to help them figure out from where the call was made by listening to the background noise. OK. But I thought it was bizarre how they made the assumption that the call came from near the bank! I mean, the kidnapper might have called from his hideaway and then gone to the bank after he got the pin.

14. ECRocks

ECRocks Witness

I saw the episode yesterday and I loved it, I taughted that he was much better then the first two. I love the blind guy *I'm really bad at rembering names* he was so helpfull and good acting. I loved the drama and ofcourse that guy again (bold guy) And more Calleigh Not as last week. She had at least some role and was it me but there was way to less natalia.. :confused: Didn't like that, and the shirt of ryan didn't look very good on him.. my thaught and Calleigh was wearing black again hahhaha.xD xx

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I disagree about Ryan's shirt. Loved the color (it's one of my favorite colors... kind of teal-lish) and I thought it really brought out his eyes.