Episode 9x03 - 'See No Evil' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 15, 2010.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

In what way was it better than last week.I thought the screentime was okay, but not perfect last week.I normally don't like how Krystal Hougton writes for Ryan,how did she do this episode?

2. CalleighAndEric

CalleighAndEric Victim

It's time !!!

3. luf100

luf100 Coroner

o0o0o I really loved that episode! I thought it was awesome. :D Screentime was pretty equal and well, I loved all the Ryan in it. :lol: Plus having Joe LeBrock come back (AND he mentioned Kyle!) was awesome!

4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

I had a 30 minute delay here in NY, luckily I was prepared (b/c of last week when there was an hour delay) and recorded the shows after CSI miami.

anyways...

...nothing too much to report other than I liked the episode overall...liked it better than last weeks...not sure why, but I did. -- The dog tags falling down the drain was a little far-fetched... would've liked to have seen more Calleigh but I understand being that she's pregnant, why we haven't. -- More team interaction would've been nice...although I am glad we got to see a pretty fair share of cast. I will be a little annoyed if all season is like the hardy boys with Delko and Horatio... have to admit I didn't mind having Delko gone because the writers seemed to ration out the field work a little more evenly...also seemed to be a more 'team' feel when Jessie was around-- (One of my favorite miami scenes was in Count Me Out when Calleigh, Jesse, Ryan and Natalia all arrive at a potential crime scene to work a case...)--

Also, being a Natalia fan, I was a little annoyed because based on what I read I was under the impression that Natalia was going to have a stronger role in this episode... but I do believe she has a big episode coming up...so I guess beggars can't be choosers.

I am REALLY enjoying them bringing back older (forgotten) characters...Erika Sykes, Joe Lebrok.. Always nice to see a show, show some history. (as does real life...people come and go, and come again...)

Overall I thought this was a pretty good episode, but definitely not one of the best.[/SPOILER]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  5. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Enjoyed this episode very much! I liked the blind guy. It was refreshing to see a witness actually being helpful to the police with no ulterior motive. I enjoyed the interaction Ryan had with the sketch artist. She is very cute. There was definitely some flirting going on and would be excited if he started dating her.

6. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

Really nice episode, I think of it like an episode which can be watched by anyone, even people who does not do CSI forums and stuff...why that? I am not sure but I think the crime was interesting, the storyline was one who could catch someone's attention zapping through the channels...don't you think?

I really liked the girl who played Lindsay, really emotional and even beautiful.
    I have noticed Calleigh is always the one talking to the victim's relatives when there is a kidnapping episode, it happened for the 150th episode too. I like it! Emily does always a great job, even hiding behind desks!

What I've learnt? Never tell your hairdressed where you hide your money stack! :)

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

"I think you're blocking the lady's light, Mr. Skeptical." :lol:

Hand Sanitizer? Is that part of Ryan's OCD? Cause some OCD people are also a bit germophobic or more than a bit. Adrian Monk for example. If it was a hint at Ryan's OCD then OMG continiuity!

I like the way that Ryan duplicated the sound of the metal on metal that the guy heard. I knew the dog tags were gonna end up belonging to the girl... it was just too easy for it to have been the kidnapper's.

LOL at the sketch artist asking Ryan if he meant the guy's face resembled a weasel. I think she was flirting with Ryan by the way. They might be cute together. :)

The kidnapper is the mother's hairdresser? Didn't see that coming.

"Who's your partner?"
    "I can't tell you. He'll kill me."
    "Not if we beat him to it." - Go, H!

Did Lebrock digging out of the prison remind anyone else of that movie with Jamie Foxx where he was a lawyer and trying to get that guy who kept digging his way out of prison? I can't think of the name of that movie.

He made a wrench out of a hard back book? Wow.

I knew H was gonna say "bring it on".

8. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

I liked it better than last weeks episode, too! The blind guy did a good job and I liked the interactions with Natalia, we haven't seen that side of her in a while now so it felt refreshing :). Great with some "normal" ;) people for a change. The sketch artist was cute and funny, wouldn't mind seeing more of her.

For a while I was feeling happy for the population number of Miami which didn't decrease in todays epi, hahaha, but coming to think of it, that's probably going to change with that jail break.

9. Turbidblue

Turbidblue Witness

Yup, he had that coming, lol.

So, I don't know if I'm looking forward to next episode that much though, but hopefully it will be alright :). Horatio's wife's killer? Didn't he shoot the guy back in Brazil? Hmmmm.

10. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

It's Vader Time!! Sorry couldn't resist...

Horatio killed Riaz who ordered the hit as opposed to doing it himself.

A wonderful episode that was much better than last weeks. Very fast paced with decent character time for the team. No one got toasted so no need of a coroner which was a nice change.

Good to see Lebrock again. Always liked him as a villain. Cool and calculating.

So five out of eight escaped. We know one is Marisol's killer and the others have issues with Horatio as well. Wonder if they'll show up somewhere down the line.

My only issue is with Horatio making death threats to Lebrock. Wouldn't that be used against him in the future?

Other than that
    Rating 4/5

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I think Horatio has threatened someone (along with Eric) in every episode so far. And twice last night, I'm pretty sure. He and Eric threatened the kidnapper when they found him as well as LeBrock.

That really bothers me. Gotta stop with the threats there, H.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Overall, a pretty good episode.

I know Emily's pregnant and they have to keep the bump hidden, but I was annoyed last week with how little we saw of Calleigh. I liked the balance of screen time this week- a little more Calleigh, but everyone else also got their chance to shine. Especially Ryan. Definitely loved him.

I liked Natalia too. I go back and forth between liking her and wanting her to just go away. But I definitely enjoyed her this week.

I also liked how they seemed to steer clear of the stereotypes for people with disabilities. They made the witness a strong, interesting character instead of a helpless person in need of able-bodied persons to protect them. And I definitely liked that end scene, where he first assumed Natalia was offering help just because he had vision problems, but then apologized when he realized the offer wasn't out of pity, but gratitude.

My initial feeling after the episode was "I guess that was an ok show. Not great", but the more I think back on it, the more I like it. It's one of those that you don't realize how much you liked it until a while after it's over.

13. hiphuggerslove

hiphuggerslove Rookie

last night episode was good H was the best:)......... eric and ryan were good to

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree, Horatio rocked, one of his best. How he talked to that low-life scum-bag. who had dug that tunnel, so creepy. Horatio when he was threatned him "Bring it on":eek: so touching also at the end when he brought the girl home:( good episode~

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I liked seeing Joe LaBrock again so it was a pretty decent eppie.

Random Thoughts:

--Not too crazy to read Krystal Houghton wrote this eppie. She has a tendency to add a "Ryan does something dumb" and/or "Ryan doesn't know something fairly obvious" scene like:

1. Ryan waves his hand in front of blind Ben's face.

2. Ryan doesn't know who Will Smith is.

Other than that, Ryan came off pretty well.

--I liked Ben and how he really helped the team. I agree with Witchy Waitress that is was refreshing to see Ben portrayed as strong and not helpless. I also enjoyed he and Natalia bonding.

--Thought LaBrock being out of prison a little far fetched until Eric found the escape route.

--I can see the continuation with next week eppie concerning Marisol's killer.

--Not sure I feel about H threatening Joe but I love his "bring it on" attitude!!

--Another eppie of everyone working with everyone else and good to see Ryan and Horatio team up.

--Enjoyed seeing Ryan carry Lindsey. I think that is the first time for him.

Looking forward to next week.