Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

I like Sara, so it was kind of bittersweet.

Next week's promo and pics make me hopeful.. my favorite three CSIs working together!

On his wikipedia page, it says that "In 'Ultimate CSI' Greg's name is printed as 'Gregory Hojem-Sanders.'" It seems like his parents/mother hyphenated their last names, rather than dropping it completely, and Greg has dropped it now - so his grandfather is calling him by the more familiar part of his last name? Also, if his grandfather's first name is Olaf - why is his grandmother 'Nana Olaf'? I'm totally confused now, so I think I'll just ignore it and pretend it all makes sense. :rolleyes:

2. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Maybe like some people they take their husband's first name into their name. So she'd be Mrs. Olaf Hojem...Or something.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I like Sara mostly when she is working with Greg, otherwise I don't care for her much. But overall it seems when she is not on, Greg is featured more.

Yeah the whole Papa Olaf and Nana Olaf name thing confuses me too. :lol: And since we have never met any of Greg's family members, I guess we will never know for sure.

4. Mrs. Sanders

Mrs. Sanders Police Officer

Ohh... finally... a decent Greg screentime amount!... thanks to Mr. Z! (I even wrote a comment saying that to him on FB ^^)

Amazing episode overall, hope there are more like this coming up :)

(and I'm confused by the names thing too... but I loved that part)

5. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I agree, I loved this weeks epi. Greg got to what a good CSI he's become and their was great interaction all round :)

I thought that too! Can't blame her though :lol:

When Greg walked in with the white shirt and tack vest... :drool:

6. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

I have gotten confused about a lot of details concerning Greg's grandparents too. For instance, in the famous 'you infected me with mildew?" episode, Grissom points out his mother's maiden name is Hojem, then Greg tells the Papa Olaf story intimating that's his maternal grandfather. Then a few eps later he mentions he's not going to get male pattern baldness like Papa Olaf because those genes come from the mother's side, intimating Papa Olaf is his paternal grandfather in that instance. Writer's slip-up I guess, but I was like 'I'm so confused!".

I was reading they're intending to get 'personal' with Greg in Season 11 and I'm all nervous about it (which is extremely silly, but no less true, haha). It's just I've felt the quality of the writing has taken such a nosedive (not to be sacrilegious, but that's how I've felt about it personally) and I'm just hoping they don't 'ruin' Greg or totally do a 360 in terms of his character. The writers have totally contradicted so much stuff that came in earlier seasons like we shouldn't notice or care, I'm just hoping they stay true to what they've established in terms of character for Greg.

Also, if they do finally give him a love interest I hope they take the time to make her interesting and 'real', rather than just dropping an attractive actress (Dita Von Teese perhaps) in there gratuitously, y'know?

I'm biased I guess. They've gone so long without giving Greg anything in terms of a real past history or personal storylines that I (like lots of others) wrote fan fiction filling in those gaps for myself. So now that they're finally getting around to it, I'm being a massive hypocrite not wanting them to mess with the 'canon' I've established inside my own head, lol.

I'm a very silly person.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2010
  7. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Greg mentions the baldness bit in 'Butterflied'. He also says that baldness comes from his mother's side making Papa Olaf his maternal grandfather. So far, the writers have only mentioned Greg's father once.

Oh, and for the sake of the spoiler free, you might want to put any references to future episodes in the spoiler tags. Just in case. =)

8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Indeed. :) I didn't catch that earlier, but I've gone in and put spoiler tags. :)

9. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

Hi, all! I've been lurking for a while, decided to go ahead and join.
    I have a stupid question that has probably been answered elsewhere on the site, but I'm not sure how to go about finding it.
    Are we ever told why Greg doesn't carry a gun?
    On a bit of a side note, I just finished reading CSI Snake Eyes and in that book, Greg does carry.

10. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

Not explicitly, no. All he says about the matter is that there's "enough people (cops, although I'm sure he also meant bad guys) out there with guns".

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Rainack from FF.net? :) Welcome to the Las Vegas forum!

12. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I've just always thought he did not like guns. I mean some people just are against carrying arms of any sort.

Of course in some fics you might be given a reason why. :lol:

13. Rainack

Rainack Hit and Run

Yup! That's me! :lol:

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

True, he said that to Hodges in No Humans Involved back in season 5, when Hodges asked him what kind of gun he was going to get.

15. A. FineLabrats

A. FineLabrats Rookie

I imagine that after the beating, he's even more against them because of the possibility of him shooting someone to death. I can't imagine how he'd react if he was responsible for one more person's death...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.