Eric/Greg: Leggo Our Greggo thread #15

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by DJRideout, Mar 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. causeAscene

causeAscene Victim

Hi everyone!

Okay so I've been a huge fan of CSI since season 3 (cut me some slack, I started watching when I was like 10... (I'm 18 now)). Anyway, I first fell in love with Greg one time when my dad was watching the show so I started watching it myself and fell in love with the show itself. I was even a frequenter here at the boards at one point (lost my info though so I had to make this screenname).

Well... since then, the show has changed and I've kind of... well, been a little turned off by it lately. So, when it came down to watching it for Greg, I've just been getting really angry these past couple of seasons anytime I watched it because he's only ever in like... 5 minutes of an episode.

Because I'm not fond of anger, I only watch it here and there. I gave it another try last night for the premier because I miss it and while they, of course, didn't have much Greg, I've decided to give this season a shot.

My question is, for the past two seasons, have there been any really good Greg episodes?

Thanks!

2. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

Hi :) Are you the same causeAscene from SGA fandom?

I stopped watching the show as well for a while but got back into it heavily in season 10. As for Gregisodes... season 9, probably 'No Way Out' (if you are who I think you are you'll like the opening scene :D), season 10; 'Appendicitement', 'Lovers Lane' and 'Take My Life, Please!'.

3. causeAscene

causeAscene Victim

Yes ma'am! That would be me :) CSI came before SGA but SGA kept me entertained through the full run. RIP :(

Anyway, thank you! I'll be looking into those for sure!!

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well Greg's time was well spaced out so it may have seemed that he was in more than he really was, but once again he was on for about 5 minutes total which I still say SUCKS! I'm sorry but after11 years and still 5 minutes is the most they can give him in the season premiere? It's a dang shame.

And now Nick will get follow up on his stuff but did Greg ever really get any when he was blown up or when he killed Demetrius James? Did we ever see him have to go through counseling? Nope. If it was not for the trial episode and Big Shots, we would have had very little follow up. But again I guess we should be use to him being a background character. Ray and apparently Nick now get to steal the whole show, before it was Grissom and Sara. *sigh*

At least Greg never disappoints in his scenes. And yes, he did look really yummy after he saved Vartann. Our guy really is a hero, but does not get the credit like everyone else does.

5. frickangel

frickangel Prime Suspect

Yep, not a lot of scenes but at least he wasn't in the A/V room. However, that end scene when Greg and Vartann walking into the tent had me going, "uh oh..." since I knew the place was gonna go boom from the spoilers I've been reading. Seeing Greg save Vartann's life and looking *that* good after that made the S11 premiere good for me. =)

Well, with all the explosions and Nick getting follow up, hopefully someone on the writing team remembers that Greg went through all that before.

6. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

It could be a new direction for the show, Nick getting follow up in this ep seemed appropriate after the finale, hopefully Greg's time will come at some point.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Greg was actually the first one to get follow up, it happened after he got his fanny smacked.

8. Dizzney

Nick did have some follow up after Grave Danger, maybe not as much as people would have liked but he showed his sudden aversion to having to go into a cellar or underground for something, plus the bug incident and basically Gum Drops showed how he believed the little girl could be saved since he was.

Personally I've been thinking about Greg possibly being a better leader than Nick would be. Nick gets too emotional about things. I think Greg would be a better leader because he can keep a cooler/calmer head overall. I always said he sort of reminded me of Grissom in that sense. After seeing this season opener, I thought even more so of this.

9. CazzBlade

CazzBlade Lab Technician

I agree, I think Greg is growing/will grow into a great leader. I don't think he's there yet, he hasn't got the years of experience to have authority over other CSI's, but he will get there. I also agree about Nick, I remember when the news came out about Marg leaving and a lot of people were saying it would be natural for Nick to take over, but something doesn't sit right with me about Nick being in charge :S

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

:lol: I did notice that. Maybe Greg's lips are easier to read. :p

11. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

It's because Greg can also talk with his eyes.:D

Better or not, i am with you about he can be a good leader. And again agree that he reminds me of Grissom in some points. After all the things happened to Greg over the years and after all the things in this one episode the guy could stay calm and kept working. One of the reasons i like Greg in the first place even it means less screentime :p :lol: I don't even know why the hell i'm laughing...

About his scenes... He found the plane.Good.
    He saved Vartan and himself.Good. He almost got blown up again, i liked Cat and Vartan's reaction.

12. Dizzney

I like Catherine coming up to Greg and rubbing her hand over his back, in a thank you and in a "glad your okay" way. I will miss Catherine and Greg scenes if she leaves. They've always had a nice relationship, sometimes flirting. :)

And regarding Greg as a leader, think of how he kept his cool through all of his trial. Even when Aaron James approached him in the bathroom, he kept his calm overall and did not let it drive him to being paranoid. Then when Grissom told him they had settled the civil suit and given the James family the money, he was a little upset but overall he just let it roll off his shoulders. (and such lovely shoulders they are) :D

13. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I also thought maybe it was his tone of voice, some tones are easier to hear than others.

14. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Could be the pitch too - lower than Cath's female voice. I do think Nick was just pretending not to hear Cath tell him to go to the hospital though..

I still think of Greg as the goofy lab guy - I know he's grown up a lot since then, but it's still hard for me to picture him in charge.

Glad to see him get recognition and thanks for saving Vartann from the explosion. Good quick reaction to Cath's warning.

15. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

I agree with the idea that Greg might be a... I don't want to say 'better' leader. Perhaps a 'more effective' leader. One better suited to the job. He's never lost his cool with a suspect (being bitten not withstanding) and is able to show the right amount of empathy without going overboard.

I do have to say the Nick is a good leader too. He has the magnetism to draw people to him and holds a commanding presence. His emotions (not a bad thing) may not be best for the job though.

Yeah, Greggo would be a great leader... if he ever got the chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.