Calleigh & Ryan #8 - Give Me A Chance.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by karu_mila, Jan 1, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Jan 4, 2009.
  1. Give Me a Chance

55.6%
  2. The Diamond Bond

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 'Cause He Knows Her Guilty Pleasure

11.1%
  4. Big Day Coming Up?

22.2%
  5. I Know What You Wanted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Apologizing With Flowers? Calleigh Approves.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. The Ship of Diamond Bonds and Flowers

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Don't Believe Everything You Hear

22.2%
  9. Don't Mess With the Stare

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. A Perfect Match

22.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

*bump* This thread has been ... quiet for a while. *kicks out of tumbleweed* Is everyone excited for the new season! I'm hoping for some wonderful new Calleigh and Ryan moments. Even just some friendship scenes would be great!! :D

To spark some conversations, what was your favorite CaRWash episode in season 4? I'm trying to decide between the scene in Collision or Shock. What about everyone else?

2. Gooniegirl3333

Gooniegirl3333 Lab Technician

I'm pretty hopeful as well! I really like seeing the great partnership between these two. There isn't nearly enough of it anymore.

I personally LOVED the scene from "Driven" when Calleigh talked to Ryan about his freeze at the bust. Really nice moment, =)

3. slower

slower Lab Technician

I too loved that locker room scene (very touching); the only one we got this year was Calleigh telling him he was less than supportive :rolleyes: (forgive me if I can't remember the epi.; maybe someone else can help me out). IMO I think Ryan was concerned about her. I don't expect a romance between them (tptb ruined that); but I would like to see Cal soften a bit towards Ryan and would like to see their witty conversations return.

4. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ I think that is the best we can hope for at the moment.
    That locker room scene last season was disappointing. But I agree, Ryan was concerned but he doesnt always express his feelings in the right way.
    All the season 4 moments listed above were great. I like the scenes in Deviant. Where they have a minor disagreement, it gets round the whole lab, and then they go out for a drink. Its like a lovers spat! The rest of the workers seemed to have a close eye on those 2 back then, I wonder if they thought something was going on?!
    Ahh, the good old days of season 4.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This thread had fallen off the first page,I had to find it.
    One of my favorite scenes is also Deviant. Let's hope for a new favorite scene this season,a good friendship scene will do.

6. slower

slower Lab Technician

Thanks for bringing this out of moth balls. Diviant was one of my favorites too. I don't hold out much hope for this year; in part due to EP's pregnancy. It was nice that tptb eluded to their friendship in "Fallen" (like last year), trying to a pease their fans I suppose.:rolleyes: I really keep hopeing to see those scenes return; but I think the time for Calleigh and Ryan has passed. TPTB has ruined a great chemistry. I also remember reading somewhere (I don't remember where), that they were concerned about offending/loseing C/R fans; well they pretty much did.

I loved them because they were fun, flirty, and in someways playful. I really do hope their is a return of their banter.

7. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Unfortunately I agree- I dont hold out hope for carwash this year, and I dont think they will ever get back to how they were.
    With Emily having less scenes with the pregnancy I doubt there will be much interaction with Ryan. And even though the whole E/C thing is rather confusing at the mo, im sure that when Emily comes back after the birth and can do more scenes, most of her time will be spent with Eric. Yep, losing the faith............

8. Gooniegirl3333

Soooooo... now that HipHuggers is split (probably only for the moment), do you guys think CarWash has a chance? (Using shipper names for ease...)

Discuss!!

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Calleigh and Ryan are so different character wise than in previous seasons,probably as friends only.It would be nice to see them a little more friendly however,that's what was nice about the two in previous seasons.I don't think things have been the same between them since the gambling and I don't know why,she can move past other people's problems.

10. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Unfortunately I have come to the same conclusion as Greatfan- they have both changed so much the last few years (especially Cal) that I really couldnt see them in a relationship anymore. I agree that it all seems to stem from the gambling thing. Yes, Ryan disappointed Cal. But she doesnt seem to have forgiven him, doesnt seem to trust him the way she used to. You see the odd glimpse of their friendship, now and then, but on the whole they seem like two co-workers who get on well but dont meet up outside work.
    Back in the good old days of season 4 it seemed so likely to me that they would get together. They do have such great chemistry, and in scenes such as the one where Ryan asked Cal to sign Horatio's card for him and she already had, it showed how close and in-tune with each other they were. Its a shame we dont get to see that anymore.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

This thread had fallen off the page again,which is understandable.Over half of the season's episodes have now been filmed.There still has been no great friendship scenes between Calleigh and Ryan,but there really hasn't been any great friendship scenes between Calleigh and anyone,understandably so.I thought of these two because I wondered if we were going to get the two of them in some type of peril again. The last two seasons,we had fire. I wonder what it's to be this season?

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

^ Knowing these writers they will probably be in a fire again! Seems to be 'their thing' now!
    Hopefully once Emily has had the baby, and is fit and healthy to do more scenes, there will be at the least, some friendly moments between Cal and Ryan. I would rather not have a Cal in peril scene again. There has been too many and it is getting old. Although Ryan's concern in Backfire was really touching. Maybe this time Ryan will get injured (sorry, angst whore in me coming out!) and Cal can be all concerned for him!

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

This thread fell off the page again... ~sighs~ I guess it has good reason too... But THIS time I bring a present:

[​IMG]

(Is that picture to big?) If only we can get this on the show...... ~sighs~ Jon and Emily are just adorable. :)

Anyways, getting back ON TOPIC. :lol: I wouldn't be surprised if Cal and Ryan were stuck in another fire. These writers are very predictable. I wonder how they'll end up in a fire this time around...

Well since Emily had her baby (congrats to her and Paul! :D), I'm sure we'll see her more often in episodes, and like most of you, I'm really hoping we'll see more friendly scenes between Cal and Ryan, because we haven't had one in a long while...

I agree with Solitaire, it'd be nice if Ryan were to get injured for once and Calleigh got all concerned. (Ok yes... very angsty, but that's nice sometimes. :p) Last time he got injured/beaten by the Russians Calleigh really didn't seem to care. (Ok yeah she didn't know, but still some concern would have been nice).

Where oh where has the Cal/Ryan Friendship gone? I miss it dearly. :(

14. Gooniegirl3333

That picture is flipping awesome. I've seen the other pics from that photoshoot, but never this particular one. Thanks for sharing!

As angsty as it sounds, I agree it would be nice to see Ryan actually get hurt (what, no SuperRyan: SuperH's boy wonder in training?) and see Calleigh (or anyone for that matter) actually be concerned.

Something needs to happen for this friendship to be mended...something good, positive.

15. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Thanks for the picture!
    WISC, while really good for giving Jon a chance to show off his acting skills. And giving Ryan some much needed screentime was really annoying in lots of other ways. The main thing that annoyed me was the way that Calleigh treated him. Eric, yes they have a history there, and it wasnt out of charcter for him. But the way that Calleigh didnt even give him a chance to explain.
    Also how fast she was to accuse him when it seemed he was implicated in H's 'death.' There was no way she would have behaved like that to him in seasons 3 and 4. I dont really understand why there relationship has changed so much. (well I suppose I do, it was to accomodate another storyline)
    GG- you are right, something big and positive has to happen to turn there friendship around. And hopefully not Cal at death's door again :rolleyes: