Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

LOL...now see that made you post again:p.

As for the married part: It would not be far fecthed(?sp) ....remember Hodges is a bit of a mummers boy if memory serves me correctly. Which it might not:guffaw:.

But
    as for the comments by Mrs Mendelson we might have a dead Wendy on our hands. And then we could hope for a ghost appearence later on. But killing off Wendy is a risk. If the new female character doesn´t work out. Wendy would be a nice return character even if they have to split up the couple in order to do so. I wonder if the focus on the ship is actually part of the reason for splitting them up for now. If Mrs Mendelson "feels" it take the focus away from the "real" show???? IMO then she misses the point of the success of a show. If there is nothing to talk about ....something that set the show apart ...then it is just another show

2. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

Done... :cool: (note to myself... posting when you should be sleeping can have consequences)

as we say overhere... "a good example makes follow" ;)

I wonder if it is in Henry’s character to rats out the relationship… but then again what kind of character development is there really for the so called “secondary cast”…
    I completely agree (duh :p) with what AJbuckley said about missing the point by CM. We do need something to talk about.. I guess, however, that what some people wants to talk about isn’t what the majority wants to talk about. Maybe the old saying “You don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone” will value it’s meaning and the tptb are crawling back to the interesting world of the labrats and finally will acknowledge this amazing chemistry the people of the lab have…. (I know I’m exaggerating… don’t worry ;-)

3. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

If she indeed stated that they focused to much on this particular ship and not the procedural aspect of the show, I would like to slap GSR back in her face! A little contradicting if you ask me, seeing she was/is the GSR obsessed drive behind having to deal with THAT ship for the past number of seasons. H&W was a refreshing break, fun and a much more believable ship.

The best part about Wendy and Hodges was the fact that they didn't HAVE to outright flirt with one another in whatever scene, to feel the chemistry shared between them...to see the sparks. All they had to do was be in a scene together...it just came natural (this is just one of MANY scenes I could have picked from to stress my point). And the fact that they were both secondary characters meant you didn't have to see it on a regular basis, so it didn't take away from the main purpose of the show or storyline of any episode (minus, of course, the Lab rat episodes :lol:). At least I didn't think so.

4. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

agree on the above.. (not entirely surprising ofcourse ;), considering I'm a wedges shipper).. unfortunately the part of tptb who was also acknowledging the natural chemistry between them is gone.. If you hear the commentaries from the labrats episodes (7x20, 8x08 and 9x20) the phrase :"I like the chemistry between you guys (or something in that side)" is frequently spoken... so... :cool:

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Just for fun: let´s say they want new character and Nick as ship(Read it somewhere) AND Cat and Vartann. 2 ships with main characaters envolved????? If that is not taking away focus from main purpose of show I dunno what to think....

BUT as DJ "said" this ship and the status of the characaters as A/B would be easier to write for and exclue/inclue when needed.

6. PianoWizzy

PianoWizzy Prime Suspect

Oh my, I missed more than I thought I could have! I've obviously been gone too long..

And it's a tragedy when half of my favorite ship just drops out and leaves!! Whyyy? This is terrible!!

And I do agree with a number of posts above; mentioning this ship isn't exactly taking away from the focus of the show, which would be rather hypocritical as they seem to be turning CSI into a ship-ridden show. Which would be sad, because I first watched this show for the science...

Now I'm just crazy rambling. However...

I do think that the one reasonable explanation for Wendy's disappearance is a change in shift to be with Hodges.

[by the way, he's staying]

It would be terrible if they killed yet ANOTHER character off... and if that is the case, they'd be leaving Hodges in a wreck, but that likely isn't the case because if this happened Hodges wouldn't be allowed to stay on his job [he probably could lose his focus by then; not good for a crime lab] but he's on for the season...

Okay, again, I'm sounding crazy and I'm rambling but I thought I should get some repeated thoughts out.

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi guys Sorry for not posting so often as I should. But the sound of that comercial is killing me. Now rivaling the African horn i can´t spelling(Palmtree might;))

But just watched the "twillight" comment on TV. Yes we are NOT that far in episodes here. Actually enjoyed it as friendfull banter between them AND especially enjoyed the car-door scene afterwards. Note they work together perfect and undisturbed by the comment. Talk about people who are getting along at some level. "Old" Hodges wouldn´t have let a comment like that go un-challanged. Ranting - hope it makes sense

The two characters are fun and add something to the show. :). Me like so much.

8. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I think you're referring to the notorious vuvuzela :cool:

Me too... but as already stated earlier... I guess those who think alike concerning this subject are (unfortunately) in an awful small minority....
    But... you don't know what you've got until it's gone... maybe when season 11 has started this will be the case... and maybe they will bring her back..... (yes... I do believe in fairy tales ;))

Last edited: Sep 9, 2010
  9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

You know I have for other reasons been searching the episode guides and reviews. And in general the reviews agree with us. The couple and the banter serves as good fun and much needed comic relief.

Which still brings me back to our "other" debate. When this couple is no more then what. And the labrat episodes????? She was/is vital part of making thoose episode different. If we "toy" with the idea of the labrats being the counterparts of the CSI team. Then Hodges is the wander-be Griss. Henry is Greg and Archie could be Warrick. BUT who is the assertive female with skills to mach?

CSI creator Anthony Zuiker has returned to the writers room for CSI: Crime Scene Investigation‘s eleventh season, and he has a lot in store for the fans.

How could this news affect "our" storyline or characters?

10. PalmTree

PalmTree Police Officer

I read those reviews on the episode guide... indeed the reviewer agrees... I guess she or he is part of that small minority ;)

mandy?

Is it very negative/pessimistic to think the above is one of the reasons why they decided to let Liz go?? She did not fit in the "lot of store for the fans"?

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Mandy :confused: Did she not go "puff" at some point in time??;)

12. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I am surprised if she did indeed say that. Apart from the odd labrats episodes, which were a rarity I would say that Wedges was very much a background, non-obtrusive romance. There is no way it could ever be said they were focused on too much. The last season there was several episdes where they had no interactions whatever and others where it was really slight.But each time they made the most of the little moments. Not once was there a big drama about there relationship.
    Whatever the reason it is a great shame that they are ending it, for me it added something to the show. I liked seeing what the lab rats, as well as the CSIs were getting upto.

13. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Will you post what "excuse" they have for Wendy MIA in the first episodes? and let me know if the new character doesn´t work out AND how is Hodges?

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Ahem.....turning on lights...HALLO is someone here?:p

Once again I am soooo glad that we are behind you(US) ....as we are getting some great and funny moments of H/W on tv....

Hodges is the best. :lol:. And the cute way he smiles at Wendy. Gotta love that

15. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I love them. Seriously. They bicker like fifth-graders but they really do care about each other. It's just a sort of caring that isn't completely normal. :lol:

Oh, the amusement of Wedges. How I'll miss you.

As far as explaining where Wendy is in the first episode, they probably won't bother. They obviously don't care.