Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Hi There! MReese it is good to have you hereWelcome!:thumbsup: Yes I am a SMACKIE and yes I do!:thumbsup:
    Unless she has been brought on as a "flesh peddeler"! It becomes insulting to think when you have a new female arrival she has one purpose and that is to induce the male boss!:lol:

And then there was Kera:(

2. MReese

MReese Victim

I should've made it clearer. I didn't mean to criticize your post exactly. I meant to criticize just the whole "romantic tension" between Mac and Jo.

I quoted your post because you made a great point. I just didn't want to repeat something that was already said and I was just adding my own opinion. :)

Thanks Lori K.! Nothing wrong with being a Smackie. It's cool. I was once a Smackie :lol: But I agree with PerfectAnomaly . I didn't want their dynamic ruined because of a romantic relationship.

I sure hope that is not the case...and I doubt it :lol:
    I was really upset to see MK leave the show considering she's my favorite character, but I'm sure SW will be fine. Hearing Jo's synopsis sure makes it all the more interesting. Again, I'm just a tad worried about that "RT" (romantic tension) I'm just hoping the writers will have something really, really good for her :). Really looking forward to her.

Anyways...back to the thread

EJO is awesome! Looking forward to this episode!

3. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I think I enjoyed the anticipation and would have been fine to wait, after all isnt that half the fun!:lol: and would be willing to stay on board if I thought there was a chance at having there relationship back or acknowledged periodically but I am not willing to devote my time for a morsel now and again and I plan to see how the exit will be handled and fear it will just be swept away which will make it easier to walk away. Having said that I think they had a good handle on Mac and Stellas relationship... untill season 6.:rolleyes: It was the way there relationship was so natural and there ease of enjoying one anothers company you could feel the years of closeness and friendship that they had. We were introduced to it right from the start and watched it grow and even became a part of it and that is how it became dear to me. Maybe Mac should have bought Stell more then a hot dog at the dog show or maybe he was mad he lost the bet and felt like the hydrant!!:lol:

As much as I will miss my CSINY I use to "live" for WEdnesday night:lol: I think the writers seemed to be heading down the D/L path and much focus was upon them. And though I once found them kind of cute I have come to the point where I can not stomach them and fear Season 7 has more to come. Just reading the spoilers. If it wasnt for seeing how Stellas exit is handled I would not probably even tune in because between the D/L overload and Stell leaving, my desire of interest has evaporated. BUT it was nice meeting you though!:thumbsup: Good Luck and have fun on the forum!

4. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: Twitter AJ http://www.twitlonger.com/show/32p5sd

5. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Lots of action, sounds great! :lol: And AJ seems so excited about it.

What sounds less great is how they're already thinking of Jo as Mac's possible. I hope they've had enough time to plan other things for her character before they planned that, because they're frustratingly 'one-track when it comes to romance, and it's not like they can just cut Jo out if they make a mess with her.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  6. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

7. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

8. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Flack in tight jeans...:drool:

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It looks like they might actually have Anna Belknap in a cute outfit. :eek: ;)

10. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:p. Sry 'bout dat.

And I was so concise last time :lol:. I was doing so well. ...but...

I agree about teh fruit. I agree about teh crappage. But. I remain skeptical that even if well done an outright romantic relationship between two core characters, especially the leads, would do well for this show. I remain skeptical that writing to two such internal pairings would do well for this show. And I would still be tweaking an eyebrow less at Another Woman Flirting Wif Mac than if the show took it so far as to have the team/lab supervisor and second in command actually contemplating or dabbling in starting up a serious relationship while working together.

-

Tension? Fine. Getting to know someone thru flirting, banter, competition, rivalry, and otherwise testing modes of interaction? Not so worried. Chemistry discovered and playfully incorporated into an evolving dynamic? Liveable. For those who saw such with Mac & Stella, the show never played to it. Jo could indeed turn out to be a fruit of a different color :p. Relationship between the leads? ...no thanks.

(Still no thanks. No matter who it is. Not least till the lady at teh Opera sings :p. And NY might yet eke out a S8. I hope they do. Could give them opportunity to address the ten year passing of 9/11. For that matter, NY could do a story now evoked thru the discord regarding the possible construction of a mosque near Ground Zero. Would they have the grit and hutzpah to take it on, then or now. Or even the interest. *shrug* Dunno. </curtailing lateral rambling>).

To a degree I also agree about Aubrey and Peyton. That said. A key thing for me was that the four eps in total in which they both appeared were self contained enough that I was not necessarily expecting either to make a return in S7, though I certainly wouldn't mind if either did. I think the carefully uncommitted way in which the show left that arc end of S6 gives them great leeway to take it or leave it altogether in dealing with the other transistions taking place. No narrated letter required.

It's possible that the CSI:TARDIS five months will be used to have seen Aubrey and Peyton bowling with Sam and Louie and already off on their respective ways again, regardless of what kind of interaction Jo and Mac will have. Or, could be that the show instead may be considering streamlining any romantic elements for Mac by using Jo instead. I sooooo hope not, but I'm also highly doubtful they would go beyond !Tension even if they did.

I shrug again in no particular direction. A paraphrased snippet from an actress shooting not but three eps or what into the season tossed out on TeeVeeGuide's web magazine segment specializing in teasers is not something I'm gonna get unduly worked up over :p. It's more the resulting bruha I'm again curious about.

:lol:

Sorry Mac, nuthin for you :lol:. One year, mark it down :p.

I really do take the point you and PA make :). I also somewhat put that down to the lack of success by an exasperated kiebler in trying to sneak into the production offices to quarantine the Mighty Mac Cape and SoapBox from the Character Templates Bag O' Tricks 'N' Mallets, which have seemingly been increasingly applied to the whole roster over the run of the series. (Personally I hope they're after the whole bag; the mallets are plentiful and unruly, but mebbe we'll get lucky soon :p).

But I also gotta say, ...more ridiculous than any of the ubertech, stunt casting, plots and paths to resolution we've been shovelled on occasion over the years? Or all the convenient hobbies and expertise they each suddenly hold that comes to light should the right evidence come thru the labs? Than blowing them up via an elaborate MacGuyverism? And Mac wonders where his lab budget has gone :lol: More ridiculous than Shane Casey bouncing off a lighthouse and swimming back to Manhattan to stage a home invasion while still dripping wet? Than Lindsay getting a medal for a scenario we've not seen while Danny waves from the side lines? More ridiculous than the handling of S5's DL shift? Than the handling of Adam & Stella (pro or con)? Not so much (for me) :lol:.

I'd be more irked had Mac alone been singled out for flirtation and such over the series. Stella was also hit on, and not just by the 333 guy, Frankie, or the fireman dude, and Adam, depending on your reading of scenes predating S6. What gave rise to the famous line, would these eyes lie, for Flack. Which fuzzy lab rat woke up nekkid wif a co lab tech in a season premier, shortly thereafter paged by Lindsay via webcam (...what a way to start the day :lol:). Which former FBI agent has already been mentioned as being hit on while trying to catch a cab to work on her first day. Meh, sez I. They've all had some. Mac's had more. But also more character stuff in general. I'd agree, not for some semblance of credibility, but more in that such material could/should be shared around, and less that Mac should be excluded altogether.

Anyways. Mac's forays into flirting are not what first come to mind for me when pondering where NY stretches boundaries of credulity most grievously :lol:.

So we've gone from every woman being after Mac to Mac flirting with every human who happens to be a woman? :lol:. I rather thought that Mac & Aubrey were both supposed to be workaholics who recognized such in each other, but yet took a chance on reaching out?

People never flirt with people they don't know...? Happens all the time. Likely some that NY would hope to check out the show will be doing exactly that sort of thing on Friday evenings instead of sitting down to watch and see if Mac and Jo will :lol:. Mebbe Jo is the one who flirts with Mac, and that's more about Jo than about Mac? Would that fit his character? We don't really know hers yet. (Just mebbe it's all moot at this point anyways).

What does Jo being divorced have to do with anything? Eligibility? Stella is single and he didn't flirt with her, nor she with him. What wrong image? Dealing with an unexpected discovered chemistry? Apparently he did flirt with Quinn, while still married no less, and quickly decided it would go no further. Was a rare enough moment that let Mac be seen as human and fallible. I suppose it depends on if/what may be written between them.

Peyton? Was among the most substantial and bold undertakings made, show-wise, with regards to Mac, and an interesting chess move, along with Reed, Sinclair and Gerrard, to play off of all they'd previously established for him. S3 probably challenged Mac most, professionally and personally. The show brought in several season long recurring characters who pushed him in different ways. Subsequent seasons saw singular or triad type appearances scattered thru the remaining run of the series.

While NY often does suffer from Everything is Over-Connekted, my math has issues reconciling the implication that Mac & Every Woman have been after each other for ages, and that Mac's been out of character in the few relationships he's had. I also truly doubt we'll be subjected to a NY cosmic confluence that would see a convergence of Aubrey & Peyton & Jo all after Mac simultaneously :lol:.

As for what's in character or not. While Quinn and Peyton were implied to have made the first moves in their respective pasts, such as they were, it was Mac who asked Gillian to coffee, and who also asked Aubrey out. Bit of a mix it would seem. If he's never supposed to ask anyone out, how the hell does one suppose he mustered himself enough to propose to Claire to have been married at all :lol:.

(...and somewhere along the way I suspect I've either missed the point or lost my own :p. Whaddayado.)

Hi and welcome MReese :).

Me too. I won't be quite as offput if Tension is more about banter with substance rather than serious intent. If that's part of Jo's dialogue of interaction, that could be good. Danny and Aiden had something not dissimilar, which I also quite liked.

I also don't begrudge SW mulling layers to play. I think her more than talented enough to make her onscreen time engaging, whatever it illustrates. I'll reserve judgement on Jo as a character until we've had a few eps to see how she's written and what sort of interaction she has with the whole team.

I agree wif that.

I imagine we'll be treated to AJ making the most of what he's given and then taking it a step further, as he always seems to :lol:; it's also great when people are so excited about what they do :D.

...They who? Who is? Iz they? Have I missed something? (No, seriously, have I? :lol:) I still think it's jumping the gun a tad to presume Jo and Mac are now on a planned path to a Relationship :p.

I do hope the writers and SW will create a leading character who will evolve dynamics of interaction due who she is, as opposed to creating a character to fit some. Either way, the changes for S7 could be the kick in the keister the show has needed. I'm not generally keen on the cliff hanger, but the first couple of eps do sound interesting.

Thanks for twitpics yas all :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  11. *NickStone*

*NickStone* Hit and Run

My brain isn't working properly... I looked at that photo and thought wtf? why are there bullet holes in that car? Then I realised, Oh Yeah, they're meant to be shooting a scene.:p;)

Anna looks good, hope we get some more and better pics of her soon.

Also, that building looks a fair bit like the one that blew up in the Season 2 finale. I bet Flack is thinking "Oh No, Not again! :p

12. Willenfan

Willenfan Victim

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
  14. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Thanks for the video!

At least, the promo isn't spoiling the cliffhanger for everybody. No Messers for now. I still can't understand why they spoiled it last year, showing Danny in blood. I wasn't spoiled last summer then a promo came out on CBS! :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.