Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Romantic tension? With Mac? I thought you are a smart lady Ms Ward! Three or four episodes with lukewarm office romance scenes and you will be gone just like they did to Aubrey. :lol:

BTW what is UST, PA?

2. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

HHMMM? I cant imagine that would go over very well with all the negativity when it was suggested for Mac and Stella.
    What would I do without you LaGuera! You do brighten my day!:lol:

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

UST= Unresolved Sexual Tension. :)

I really hope they don't have romantic tension. I don't mind the two playfully, friendly flirting like Morgan and Garcia do (well not just like that cause that isn't Mac's style)... but no romantic relationship.

4. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Thanks! :)

5. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Verbatim but for, so it seems.

I've been more wondering what they're gonna do to re-work the opening credits, completely overhauled or only slightly modified.

"...Secret?" ...still?? (I hope there's really only the one :p).

Odd that teh Messers are not billed as detectives. Wot losing a badge will do for ya mebbe :lol: I know, been that way for awhile I think. Amusing and curious is all. Plus, for the shortest name (even beating "Mac,") "Jo" somehow has teh longest billing :p.

Kinda sounds a more typical ep for NY.

And then, amid Megabuzz, the boards end up with several conflicting stories and suspects and have to unravel the truth to figure out who will be first to be involved in a romantic scenario this season, or if anyone will at all :lol::p.

:D. Should be fun.

:lol:. Awesome.

Going for the humor, but I also wonder how it might be played, with Adam having a secret of some sort of his own.

...Aaaaaaaaand, deep breath, & into the froth :p.

Lol'd at "A dead body - in teh lab!!!" An unexpected & freshly deaded body, as opposed to Sid's realm, I presume the implication was :p. Again, just the phrasing :lol:. Anyhoo.

:lol:. Well, first for me is that its a paraphrased comment by SW, not by TPTB. Also noting that "tension" was used, not "relationship" :lol:. Anyways. Could be SW is just happy to be working on the show, and with an actor like GS, and is just mulling different aspects of interaction & poking about possibilities for a character they'll all discover more as it goes.

Show wise, if it ever were to be considered, it would seem somewhat prototypical Schtick. Call me skeptical that they would overtly pursue raising that kind of dynamic more deliberately between the main leads on a procedural crime drama.

On teh other hand. Flirting and tension can also be banter, with less subtext or literal intent; banter can also be an avenue to getting to know someone. If that kind of dynamic evolves, alongside a competitive spirit, I can live with that.

Anyways. Jo's a brunette; how can Mac possibly not be somehow attracted to a brunette? :lol::p

Meh. Had that been a comment of intent from the producers, I'd be far, far more concerned :p.

I suppose it's also nice to hear of an amicable divorce, with the show's penchant for darker character histories :lol:.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

oh so being a child witness to a coffee shop bloodbath wasn't enough?!

yeah, that title wouldn't be out of place in seasons 1-2!

this, in a nutshell. i have my agreeing hat on. again.

indeed, i was presuming her ex would at least have been a crazed stalker who made naughty videos of her on the net to punish her for stuff she did aged 12, distributed it through his gang affiliation, and then died in some horrific terrorist shenanigans. i mean, it's par for the course!

7. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

The spoiler for 7.03 "Damned if You Do" sounds really good and promising. That's what I'm talking about! That's the CSI:NY I love and enjoy.

8. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

thanks for Spoils and News Fay.

Very great episode in perspective.

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

For me personally, comparing Mac/Stella and Mac/Jo is comparing apples to oranges. The only reason I'd be against it is because TPTB is so crappy at doing romantic relationships between core characters.

With Mac/Stella there was a dynamic and a relationship that was there that predated the show and I didn't want that dynamic or that relationship messed with. They had a history of being good friends and co-workers and I didn't want that dynamic ruined with a romantic relationship.

With Jo there is no such history so seeing them develop romantically wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. What puts a damper on it for me is the way the writers would handle it and also the fact that Aubrey and Peyton should be in the mix already for continuity sake and having every unmarried woman on the show be after Mac is ridiculous.

10. TheChaoticBox

TheChaoticBox Rookie

Damned if you do... mm sounds familiar. Oh right, the fifth episode of the first season of House MD was called just the same. Ha!

It's sounds like a very good episode. And as for the romantic tension, I would also much rather see unresolved romantic tension between the two of them. Sela Ward is very good at that, again referring to House MD. :D

Man, I really hope some of the episodes come popping up on the internet very soon after premiering. Because Belgian television is now broadcasting season 5, and after that season 6, and then... it's somewhere december and they'll start with season 7, and truth is, I can't wait that long.

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Since I have not had the chance to "compare" I will reserve my opinion. But I agree with the writing skills.

And here we will have to disagree, because for me personally I would have welcomed such a venture and felt it was because of that predated relationship and hence the whole partenership thereafter. I felt a developement in that direction would have been easily palatable and most agreeably welcomed.:)

And it seemed most posters I had read in the past did not want the two top main characters in a romantic relationship and hence felt one was enough (more than enough IMO):)

Which is what this show has become it would seem.:lol: BUT a suggestion to TPTB: Lisasimpson may be more then willing to take that challange:lol:

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

GarySinise

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Well, I think they should leave any flirting with Mac out of the show, whether it's the lead character or not and not because Stella just left but because this is, as you said, getting ridiculous.
    There was Peyton in S3, Gillian in S5 (because Mac did have to recover from Peyton's break up), Aubrey in S6 and Peyton in S6 and then he should be flirting with the new colleague he barely knows just because she's divorced? Not only would that be completely against his character, however, it would portray a wrong image of him as a man. A kiss is one thing, flirting with every human being who happens to be a woman is another.
    In order to keep Mac credible they should either bring back Aubrey or Peyton or not give him any flirting for at least a year. I prefer if he stays single anyway and they concentrate on the cases in S7 like they did so well in S1-4!!

14. MReese

MReese Victim

Hi everyone! I'm new here and I don't mean to criticize on my first post, but I'm personally getting sick of this whole Mac's romantic relationship deal. Yes, it would be nice to see him happy, but considering Aubrey and Peyton are already in the picture...and then have another "romantic tension" with Jo is a bit...overwhelming. Let's not forget (even though she's gone and even if they are just really, really, really good friends) there's Stella. Though I'm not a Smacked shipper, people will still include her in that "romantic" catergory ...and I understand why.

I would rather see them build Sela Ward's character and show us what she's capable of rather than having a "romantic tension" with Mac.

If anybody needs romance --> Sheldon Hawkes...it is long overdue. ;)

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I guess my main point was that just because someone didn't think Mac and Stella should get together doesn't automatically mean they would be completely against Mac and Jo getting together. Is it high on my list of things I want to see on the show? No. It's not even low on the list. But I'm not against it simply because I was against Mac/Stella. The two situations are completely different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.