Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I've learnt to be very careful when it comes to CSI NY and possibilities given ;)
    Sometimes it feels they could screw up winning the lottery even if they knew the numbers in advance. Maybe not as drastic but sometimes it's close :p

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I'm very hopeful for the new character. Sela Ward is a wonderful actress and a different dynamic with Mac than Stella had is a good direction to go with the character, IMO. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic. ;)

3. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ I'd think most people who follow NY more than casually are probably a tad gun-shy by now :lol:

All the same. Who plays the lottery expecting to win? The fun most days lies in the possibility ya might :p

I agree. Glass half full. Either way there's something in the glass. :lol:.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I agree that it's interesting how little Danny seems to be involved with the aftermath of Shane Casey's brief reign of terror given that he was the focus of it. I do see why Lindsay would have issues--this is the second time in the space of a year or so that she's nearly lost her husband. Danny is nothing if not a danger magnet. :lol: But I hope we see some fallout for Danny, too.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm hoping Lindsay's issues might have to do with the fact that she shot a guy who was holding her kid - she could just as easily have shot Lucy in that split second. That would give me nightmares and guilt, even if it didn't happen because I'd be thinking about the danger and the risk I took - just because it turned out well doesn't mean it couldn't have gone horribly wrong.

Also, everybody and their brother probably going 'Are you okay? Are you sure you're okay? Are you really sure you're not just pretending you're okay? Let's talk about your feeeelings. Are you okay?' would get on my last dang nerve. I'd probably want to storm out of therapy eventually too. And the medal would just look like a cheap token as if to say 'Sorry you had to kill this guy that kept getting away and tried to destroy your family. Your job is kind of useless if you can't keep the bad guys off the street and keep your family safe, but hey, uh...Have a medal.' (What can I say, I like when people on these shows ~question their job and whether or not they're even doing any good, and wondering whether the risks and the sacrifices are worth it in the end.)

But I'm open for whatever they go with there. Shooting someone should have an effect, whether you're a cop or not (I'd have more issue if she wasn't at all phased by having to kill a person, even a really bad dude like Shane).

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Haha, yeah he attracts danger like Xander (BTVS) attracted demonic women. :lol:

The medal thing confuses me though. I mean, I know they give a medal to a kid that has quick thinking and saves his mom/dad or something, but that's cause that's a kid. But, why does Lindsay, a cop get a medal for shooting a serial killer in defense of third parties (her daughter and hubby)? I just don't get it.

So Sela's character is gonna be named Jo. Interesting. At least they didn't come up with some off the wall name like Haylen lol. Her teasing Adam sounds cute... but I'm tired of the whole "Adam fears he could lose his job" storyline. :lol:

7. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I agree. I think it would be a bit strange if it didn't affect Danny at all.
    Just Anya, Preying Mantis lady, Inca Mummy girl & that demon lady from First Date. Although Cordelia later became half-demon... but she wasn't when Xander dated her.

8. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

I've found though that if your expectations are lower you're much easier to please and delight :D

9. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I really like Sela Ward, so it's hard not to have pretty big expectations. Now Anna Belknap acting angsty about Lindsay shooting Shane, that's a whole other thing. Even if it is written well I can't imagine her lack of acting skill will help me feel anything other than my usual disgust at her and Lindsay.

10. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ Good thing it'll probably leave me having fun, then :lol: Doubly so if the story's well-written -- I think the combination of the two, might actually make up for what they did to her in "Vacation Getaway", for me.

:lol: I meant it's weird how we keep seeing someone on the team get shot at, and then its instant fast-forward to a month later/three months later (although in "Epilogue" we got flashbacks of what happened right after the shooting, so it's possible we might here, too).

Well... not much necessarily. If Lindsay's not responding to the treatment: in that she attends the sessions but either just "says the right things" [Aiden's quote, not mine :p] to get out of therapy ay-sap, or doesn't say much at all -- and I'm pretty much expecting her to do one or the other, because not only is that classic Lindsay :lol: but it's already kind of hinted that her attitude's an unproductive one -- then it's not surprising Dr. Johnson wouldn't know anything about her. She wouldn't have really peeled back anything at all. I dunno; to me the idea of anyone (even a certified therapist) managing to peel back Lindsay's layers after only three months, when it's taken some of her coworkers over six years to peel back even a few of them, is unrealistic at best.

I'm iffy on this...I mean, yeah I think previous counseling could've made Lindsay wary of going through it again, but don't most of the CSIs have an aversion to therapy? I remember several (from the franchise, not just NY) outright refusing to go after being told to.

On the one hand, I agree with "show, or it didn't happen". But otoh, while I know CSI and Miami are different shows, and for all we know NYPD has a different protocol -- the CSI team was pretty much forced to attend counseling after Warrick died, and Miami's team was also pressed to go see counselors after Speedle's death (although I don't think any of them actually went), so it doesn't seem too out-of-reach that something similar could've happened on NY with Angell's death.

Maybe not to the New York CSIs, because Angell wasn't technically part of their department -- but she was part of Flack's, and it was implied in S6 that their dating was somewhat common knowledge around the precinct.

I agree we don't have a whole lot on her, and much of it really is the possibility of directions for her character, more than what's actually been described. But I still think it's enough to make her more interesting to me. Because it's safe to assume she'll be in a senior-level position, I find it great that they've shown a) she'll have a friendly rivalry with someone in a similar position (Mac), and b) she'll have a teasing sort of dynamic with someone in a subordinate position (Adam) -- I just think both those things make her seem pretty cool so far.

Not to mention, it's less likely that she'll always be the one who comes out on top in her rivalry, given that the rivalry's with Mac :lol:, so I think the more even playing field will make for a more fascinating dynamic than Haylen vs. Adam turned out to be.

This too! (I'm biased for the name "Jo", though.) Knocking on wood right now, because I remember Haylen was orignally called "Kaye", which was way more normal -- they'd better not rename Jo to "Memphis" or something like that :lol:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2010
  11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I found this about the medal:

Found here.

I think it's very understandable that she is so affected by the shooting. I mean; she was involved in the diner shooting with her friends and couldn't do anything. Then she was at the bar which was fired at and her husband got injured. And now her family was threatened by an armed man in her own apartment and she even had to shoot him (a dangerous serial killer).

Personally I think it's awesome that Lindsay gets a storyline. I hope it will last for a couple of episodes.

12. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

Yes it's a good think that Lindsay has a storyline. The scriptwriters try maybe by this therapy to catch up the blow with what took place during the shooting of the final season 5, bungled in season 6. Lindsay had been too strong all the time, Danny, let us not speak about it. Maybe that they want to show us a fragile Lindsay, brings down, frightened for her family and to be them that she loves. I also hope that this story will last more than two episodes.

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Well, the rivalry we'd have to see; the scene could easily turn out like one of the discussions Mac and Stella would have had as well. Which I so hope is not the case.
    Generally, right now she seems pretty close to Stella to me, sort of like what they did with Ray Langston and Gil Grissom. I think they're too close in character as well, it's like they didn't fill the vacant position but replaced - which I think isn't good and realistic - and I fear it'll be the same with SW and MK.
    Which I really hope isn't the case because I think it's not fair to the new character.
    Of course, they needed a new senior investigator and given SW's age it wouldn't have made sense had they put her into a lower position. But I still would have liked if Stella's position had stayed empty at least for a little while. At least of sorts, with the new character not being accepted that well.
    And teasing Adam is getting old ;) Poor guy, he really should look for a job elsewhere :lol:
    I guess time will tell and I like to be surprised :)

PerfectAnomaly: I don't know SW, so I don't have any expectations.
    But I certainly agree with your worries about Lindsay. She wasn't convincing me in season 3, so I doubt she'll be convincing me in season 7.

14. JoeyDC

JoeyDC Rookie

I honestly don't get it. Why would you pick one of the weakest and most boring characters and give her such a "strong" story line for the 7th season premiere? This is ridiculous, and I do believe that the writers don't know their job anymore. Just reading the spoiler made me already fall asleep. This is horrible. They already lost a few million viewers because of season 6. Haven't they learned or realized anything? I wonder if they even care about our feedback and pay attention to it.

I have always loved CSI:NY because of its imaginative cases and not because I wanted to know in every single episode which personal life drama every character has to deal with. You can keep it subtle which makes it more interesting and not fill a whole episode with pure soap opera content. You don't see it that extreme in CSI Las Vegas or CSI Miami and in my opinion CSI:NY does have the best and most intense characters/actors.

I really like Gary Sinise but the character "Mac Taylor" and his growing over-righteous attitude starts to bug me. I also like Carmine Giovinazzo and the character "Danny Messer" has always been very entertaining to watch until the whole Lindsay/Danny story line started. Their story lines together makes me wanna jump up from my chair and throw the TV outside the window. I would even give those two characters an award for being one of the most boring and most unconvincing couples on TV. Danny/Flack have amazing chemistry as friends between each other and scenes with them are always so great. Danny/Lindsay story lines make me fall asleep faster than a sleeping pill.

The only reason why I would want CSI:NY to survive and have other seasons is because of Eddie Cahill aka Don Flack. I can't even state often enough how amazingly talented he is and what passion and intensity he brings to his character. This man has got so much potential, his acting abilities are extra-ordinary and I think he really deserves better than CSI:NY. He's a natural born actor and aside from Gary Sinise, the only one on the TV show that sucks you right in with his exceptional skills!!!

15. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

^So Danny was only entertaining the first season then?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.