Season 7 Spoiler Discussion - Welcome back to the Big Apple!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jul 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Do we know if she killed Shane or just shot him in the leg or something? I agree that the whole medal thing is too over the top, though.

I do hope they they can do the story with Lindsay some justice and not have it disappear after one episode, like sometimes happens with this show.

2. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I have to agree with you. The story seems compelling and "Angry Lindsay" could be more interesting than having a dull character again

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

She killed him.

Also, I just came across this:

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

It's one of those days i wouldn't want to use Internet[​IMG]

5. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

Wow... Sarah returned. Grissom can always return. Speedle returned(as a sort of ghost though..). Alex returned. Eric returned. Stella was a leading lady for 6 years and she won't be given the same opportunity? This sounds somewhat bitter. :(

6. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It's possible that she offered the chance to return and declined, it sounds more like she wanted off the show than they executives kicked her off.

7. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Starting to think we're never going to see the direct aftermath of a shooting here!

Okay, ROFL forever :lol::lol: Won't lie, I'm really happy about this -- a little paranoid, 'cause it totally feels like someone's been reading the Anna/Lindsay thread :shifty:, but I have been wanting to see something like this therapy thing for a long while now; can't wait to see how it plays out.

I seem to be in the minority, but I am surprised that Lindsay shot Shane (wanted to see it, but didn't think it'd actually play out). More because of the same issue I complained about earlier this summer -- Shane was the only one with a gun actually drawn in that final scene before the screen went blank, and there were only two other people in the room with him, neither of them Lindsay; but somehow she got off a shot before he did...? Three months after the fact, it doesn't seem like I'll get much explanation on exactly how that was managed, which is annoying. But I'll overlook this once :p

I kind of love this part :D :lol: Like a lot. It seems like they've really nailed Lindsay again. And the part about her throwing the badge in the trash...seriously, cannot wait to see how this all plays out!

Another thing I'm really looking forward to! I dunno, I just love seeing Adam interact with older women :guffaw: I was a bit disappointed when his interactions with Stella somewhat disappeared mid-S6, but have wanted to see more of this kind of thing ever since that cute moment he had with Aubrey. It's hilarious that Sela/Jo(?) might keep carrying that tradition.

As for Jo herself; well, she sounds interesting so far. I'm a little wary of the few descriptions we've gotten of her, just because this mention of a rivalry reminds me of Haylen a little.

But then, a friendly rivalry with Mac is almost guaranteed to play out differently than one with Adam would. This leaves me excited! (That may be influenced by my watching Sela Ward on House as I type, but I'm looking forward to seeing how she meshes with Adam, Mac, and the others. It sounds like they're already taking strides to integrate her.)

Aw, not again :lol: I should probably take this to the "Season 7 Wishlist" thread, but at least once this season, I'm demanding that someone steps in to give him a hug and reassure him he's not going anywhere :p; after three seasons of worrying over the status of his job without ever really needing to, he needs this. I think it's something he just needs to be told.

This one might sound a little routine, but honestly I'm fascinated. I don't know why I'm so surprised that there are different firms completely unrelated to law enforcement or criminal justice in the CSI building, but I am. I'd always figured the building essentially belonged to the NYPD (the CSIs use the basement, the roof, they have a floor below the main crime lab for their locker rooms, the precinct doesn't seem to be too far away [given how frequently we see the team walk through there, even if just to visit Flack], they practically LIVE on that floor but we rarely if ever see them interacting with non-cops on the job [suspects don't count]).

Although all things considered, I guess that wouldn't make sense with over 35 floors in the building, it would only belong to law enforcement. That's a lot of space.

Anyway; it will be cool to see other people from the building, and maybe find out if the team knows anyone from the other floor.

There aren't enough words for how much I agree with this. If she does the three-second-emotional-rebound thing she did in "Sleight Out of Hand" (and "Daze of Wine...", too), I might..well, dunno yet.

This I'm really :wtf: about; it's weird, so I'm trying to see why she would. The conclusion I'm coming to is that Shane escaped police custody three times and killed about three other police officers. The department might've decided to give her one just for doing away with him, despite her (imo, unrelated) reason for doing so.

ETA: If she threw it out because she realizes she doesn't deserve it, though, I will really love that medal part. I still love Lindsay a lot, but it has to be said: if Shane hadn't had the chance to escape from jail, it's less likely those cops would've been killed, end of. And that's partly on her; so it would be great if they show she gets that.

...Well this just sucks :shifty: To be honest, I don't see how they'll manage to write her out unless they decide she suddenly changed career paths. Maybe a little like how Megan Donner was written out on Miami.

I will say this, though; there's no consistent way to have Stella die off-screen, not when she was one of the leads and with no apparent mention of her in the opening episode (her death or otherwise). So I'm a little more reassured that they'll be leaving Stella alive.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Disappointing about Melina not returning to give Stella a proper send-off, but not really surprising. Reading between the lines, it sounds like not the most amicable parting of ways. It's too bad, but it's unlikely the character will be killed off screen. I think that would just be too much, especially with the cliffhanger resolution and a regular case thrown in the mix. My guess is we'll find out Stella moved or transferred to another department.

9. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

:lol:

Hafta admit. I was too overwhelmed by dreading the worst for therapy dramz and medals to have caught that :lol:. What does it mean when ya peel back the layers and there's nuthin there :p.

-

Anyway. This Medal business, it sorta comes across as if the show gave her one primarily to have the dramatic moment of tossing it in the trash. Fair enough. (But who brings their medals to therapy? Curious and somewhat convenient :lol:)

-

Oo. Ouch. Da-amn.

Rather short and sharp. Wonder how much is just the article, having no further information to include (it had already been indicated that we'd seen MK's last episodes), or if the flavor echoes some of whatever led to the preference for a clean break.

Certainly doesn't give the impression that either would be interested in any return guest appearance of any sort at any point further down the road. Done and done.

But. ...da-amn. 's a little chilly alluva sudden.

I think the Lindsay stuff is the direct aftermath of the shooting here.

I'd chalk this up to yet another example of NY "don't ask why just be impressed." Even when they do depict things logic isn't always present :lol:. (I think suspension of disbelief has been increasingly requisite as seasons have progressed :lol: What used to be more consistently quirky and interesting has become a mandate never to shy away from the shiny and ridiculous).

I mean. Casey. Spidermans to start the finale, leaps out an office window and jogs off, and drops from the top of a lighthouse none the worse for wear. How did that happen :lol:.

I'm sure a wonder shot from Lindsay would be little different than the magic bullet from Communication Breakdown, shot from a .22 pistol inside an upper level apartment that missed its intended target, missed the walls and found a window, open no less, crossed the street, presumably stopped for a hotdog and to ask directions, bided it's time and then shattered the pane of a moving elevated train car filled with all the ethnicities and cultures the show rarely bothers with and maintained enough velocity to hit the apparently most important passenger in the car, the chief of a struggling native american nation. If I can swallow that as part of an ep, I can accept as a premise to kickstart the season that Lindsay managed to off Shane Casey :lol:

Haylen hadn't even occurred to me :lol:. Out of sight out of mind I suppose. But I agree it would play out differently. Haylen was looking for a way in and made no secret her ambitions were driving her. Mention of a (possibly friendly) rivalry between Mac and his new co-leader didn't come across in that way for me (or mebbe I'm simply hoping :p).

In fact. If the rivalry does stem from different approaches to the same goals it could be really interesting (as opposed to some sort of outright one-upmanship for its own sake, which I'd be less interested in). I'm hoping it could be part of an Empathy vs. Science as their different styles. That could be fun, have it illustrate the characters, while keeping cases and work square as the means and focus. I've also been bemoaning the fact that everyone seems to be on the same page for so much of the time with few differences in opinion. This could be my own wee antidote to that :p.

I really enjoyed Ward's appearances on House. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing Jo and the team figuring each other out. Part of the fun of a new character.

That is true, though I still think the onus was really on Danny to have said something about his badge, and all the moreso as soon as Casey's prints came back off the dog tags. How she would suffer for it and Danny wouldn't would be very odd, even with the apt. shooting made part of the equation.

I'm also finding it odd that while the show had so much of the return of Casey focused around Danny, Danny seems to have had relatively little to play through the course of it, then or now.

It would also be a very unusual and belated acknowledgement by the show if they actually referenced those aspects of the badge theft and non-disclosure etc. It didn't seem to matter much to them last season. I mean, they were awarded a "well earned" vacation, with nary a reprimand of any sort at any step along the way. How could I really let myself dare to hope that the matter might be reconsidered now?

It could be additionally interesting if there comes to light something from the apartment show-down that more directly indicates there she didn't deserve a medal for anything above and beyond. That's not to downplay the stakes of a psycho killer or a home invasion, but not everything is the OK Corral. Depending on what happened, that could make more sense than the non-disclosure as a guilt issue or the like. It could also be interesting if the medal being awarded was ultimately more about DA politicking and media capitalization with regards to a long drawn out, high profile criminal case. I could see one being pissed off if they felt what happened to their family simply had a shiny gold star slapped on it and treated as fodder for cameras and crime stats. I suppose that does depend on what is revealed of what really went down. That would certainly make Lindsay's anger more interesting for me.

I hope there will be some mention of Stella's exit in the episode. I don't see how it can really be avoided. If Jo's there and Stella's not, something hasta be said as to why. But it could be more in passing and addressed superficially, and not made to be a profound issue at all. Leaving her alive and elsewhere would definitely make that easier.

If there is anything to the tone of the Ausiello snippet, the show moving on more swiftly and not looking back would seem likely, although to be fair, without MK's participation, how much time could or should the show devote to an exit. And would it have run the risk of shortchanging Ward's integration if they did. Dunno. I would like to see that the others have been impacted. They were family for at least six years. It very much sounds like the show has already moved on. And it's still disappointing.

Key point I think now indicates quite a bit about the approach to the season: I think y'all are right, that 3 months does let them get away with alot while starting mid-stride. Back to business as usual, toute suite.

10. csinynut

csinynut Hit and Run

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Ballistics would have matched the bullet to Flack's gun. The only thing nobody would have known 'officially' was *why* he shot him.
    As for not being in therapy afterwards, how do we know he wasn't? There was a three month gap last season as well, and we know that Flack took some of that time off (IIRC, when he showed up for the first case, Mac was surprized he was back at work), so I'm guessing there'd have been mandatory therapy involved.

12. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We can only go by what happens on the show. There's been no mention of Flack in therapy. Unless they mention it/show it on the show it never happened.

13. Ballettmaus

Ballettmaus Hit and Run

Agreed. Especially if it's such a seemingly definite "no" for a return.
    Though it doesn't say ever ever. I'm not really counting on it, just saying.

In case they had killed her I hope they would give her a proper burial but since that doesn't seem part of the episode I hope they didn't kill her.

It's one of the things I'm most curious about, to see how they write her out and if they manage to make it plausible.

Elwood21:
    Don't know about either party. After all, it doesn't really say much. Just very definite.
    However, it sounded like that right after it was known that she was dropping out, so... I didn't really expect her to be in the premier and who knows what happens down the road.
    They definitely have to address her departure though, one way or another, they can't just ignore it. Of course they can but they definitely shouldn't.

Maya316:
    How can you tell that from the little information there is? :confused: We only know her name and where she's from... Doesn't tell me that much.

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

We know from the spoilers she has a kind of rivalry with Mac in solving the case. To me that sounds like an interesting dynamic.

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

True. Assuming that happened. It would be logical to do so. It would be logical for it to have been recorded in each's statements about the raid. Assuming that's some sort of typical practice too.

Also possible, and logical. But also not shown. About the closest it came was Mac uttering he wasn't a priest. Flack also shot a guy to start Snow Day. Did he go thru counselling after that? For that matter, did Danny and Adam after being kidnapped and tortured? Or Mac and Stella and Sheldon for their part in the take down? Should we simply assume they did? Mebbe.

I don't recall off hand, but I'm guessing there have been other instances where team members have been involved in fatal shoots. Mac shot that lady assassin for instance.

What I was trying to get at was that there seem to be few instances where the show has mined it for any sort of dramatic material. They've glossed over it in the past. Danny in On the Job was something that stood out in my memory, even if his circumstances were again different. The only other mention of outright therapy I can currently recall is Danny in physical therapy for his injuries. Don't recall at all if there was also some psychological counselling for him. Though, of course, one could assume that too was the case.

Lindsay is gonna get some focus. "Mandated Counselling" is the vehicle, going by the spoiler. Meh.

No, it doesn't tell one much. But it's fun to speculate about the possibilities. I agree with Maya & PA that the possibilities in terms of dynamics given the short descriptions of circumstances described sound interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.