Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #20- "Save Me From Myself"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Smokey, Dec 6, 2009.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Re: Nick Fic Song Challenge Thread #2- Ch #13- "How To Save A Life"

Well, I had sort of an idea, but my other fic is monopolizing my time. *sigh* Of course, there's always the chance that I'll pull my famous "writes it all at once at the very last minute" trick! ;)

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm not sure my idea is gonna work out after all. One thing in the way is that every time I sit down to try to write it, I get all teary-eyed just thinking about it (no it isn't about Warrick's death) because its very similar to things that I've heard going on for real and I just... I dunno... it's like how I can't stand to watch that episode with the Dog fighting thing.... I just am too emotional. :lol: I may end up just posting this idea in the fanfic request thread or something and letting someone else have a go at it. Cause for me it's just... too hard. And plus I couldn't think of a way to make it center around Nick and it was only centering around a vic in the story, so... yeah, it's just probably not gonna work. Whether or not I'll get another idea, I just don't know. Time will tell.

3. Smokey

Should I be expecting any more stories this week? :D

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes :D

Are they due this week?

5. Smokey

Yes, they are due by midnight Saturday, July 3. :) And thanks for making me go back to check the due date in order to avoid messing it up like I did before. :lol:

6. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I thought I might have something but I just can't seem to get my brain to want to focus....maybe it's the summer heat draining my energy

7. SpasmThatCat

SpasmThatCat Police Officer

I just saw this today, so I'm going to try and write something before the deadline if that's okay?

8. KFK

KFK Witness

Good luck SpasmThatCat, I hope you come up with an idea, and story. I'm sure you'll write something amazing. I came up with a story, but unfortunately its not the best...what can you do? :(

I wish you the best of luck on your story...it will be great.

Take Care,

Kelli

9. NickyFan

NickyFan Coroner

I don't have a story for this round :( I just had no time to sit down and write it... I have final exams and so my study is all I should think of at the moment :( Sorry :(

I'll try to read and review all the stories once they're up though... even though it'll take me a week to even have the time to read them :rolleyes:

10. SpasmThatCat

Thanks, KFK, I'll do my best! I've written fan fiction before but never shown it to anyone, so this'll be a first... *blush!*

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Whew..I got mine in!

12. Smokey

Nick Fic Song Challenge
    Round 13
    [​IMG]

Ladies and gentlemen, presenting round 13 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Thanks to everyone who participated! :)

Here are a few guidelines for reading and reviewing:

1. Remember, for now the stories are anonymous. Please do not reveal which story you wrote. We will unveil the authors next Sunday, July 11.

2. Story authors/participants - Please leave feedback for each story. That's why we're doing this...so we can learn from each other and improve as we go along. And because this is anonymous for now, please remember to leave some feedback for your own story too. :)

3. Lurkers - You are most welcome to read and review the stories too! We just ask that you follow and respect the guidelines here as well. The exception is that you may leave reviews for as few or as many stories as you like. (Authors - Please do not take offense if a lurker reviews only one or two stories or does not review yours.)

4. Please make your feedback as positive and constructive as possible. Constructive means that it's meant to be helpful and it's said in a nice way. There will be zero tolerance for meanness here from anyone.

5. Please try to make your feedback a little more than just "Good job" or "Nice story". We all look forward to hearing some thoughtful input on our work. :) And for now let's focus on the content of the story more so than the format, grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc. For some people this is their first fic and/or English may not be their first language, and those are all things that a good beta could fix if this weren't a challenge. :)

6. Feedback should be posted here in this thread and can be done all in one post or in several posts.

7. Remember, we aren't voting for favorites on this or anything. We're just reading, reviewing, and enjoying! :)

8. Attention readers! Feedback posts will probably contain spoilers. If you do not want to be spoiled, do not read the feedback until after you read the stories.

And now, what you've all been waiting for...round 13 of the Nick Fic Song Challenge! Click on the "How to Save a Life" link on the left to read the stories.
    [​IMG]

Note: If you see an error in your story or any problems on the page, please PM Smokey ASAP.

13. KFK

KFK Witness

I enjoyed the stories, they were all well done. Thank you for taking the time to write a story for our entertainment. Good job! :)

A Little Death – You really had me going with this story. I could have sworn it was about Nick and Warrick, but you fooled me on that one. This was an interesting way to write the story, interesting in a good way. I enjoyed the story, and you did a great job with it. :)

To Save a Life – Wow a very angst-ridden story. Poor Nick, healthy and fit one minute, and the next down for the ten count. After all the things that happened to Nick, and a clogged artery takes him out. Good thing the staff acted quickly, and was able to save him. It was nice Nick thanked the people who saved him. Nice job! :)

This Man – I absolutely love this story, what a fresh way to look at Nick Stokes. I liked that it was Catherine speaking about Nick so profoundly. She and Nick have always shared a special bond, and your story explained that bond well. Excellent work! :thumbsup:

Saving a Life – This story was a different take on Nick Stokes. I’m surprised all the things that happened to him haven’t had some adverse affects. I liked that the story was written from the therapist point of view; that was different. Nice job! :)

Again, thank you for writing your stories. :thumbsup: I look forward to the next challenge.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  14. SpasmThatCat

Arrgghh, I just spent an hour writing my review and then accidentally pressed the 'Back' key and lost it all!! *bangs head on desk*

15. Smokey

That happens to me a lot on these boards for some reason. But I can almost always hit either the "back" or "forward" button...whichever applies...and it goes back to the post I was writing. :)

I'll be reviewing soon! :)