Discuss CSI: LV DVD/Blu-Ray 'Extras' - Seasons 1-9

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Speedystokesgirl, Sep 4, 2009.

1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I definitely want some outtakes. We've only seen some from the first 2 seasons. There has to be some out there from recent seasons.

I think they did a BTS a couple seasons back on one of the DVD's like you mentioned.

I really hope they do more than 2 commentaries on the season 10 DVD. I would love to see Marg, George, Eric, and Sara, originals talk about how their characters have changed in the 10 years too. That would be a nice feature.

2. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

I'm going to be buying one CSI season set before I go off to college and I always wanted to know which is a good one to buy? I love good commentary and having extras but commentary is more important than extras in my opinion. I have a blu-ray and DVD player so don't worry about format. If you have any ideas that would be great. :)

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Guess it depends on what episodes you might be interested in hearing commentary on and/or by which people.

I like George's commentary on "Snakes" in Season 5 and also "Turn, Turn, Turn" in Season 9.

4. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I recommend the season 1 Blu-ray set. I don't think there are more commentaries, but it's got new extras like director's cut of the pilot, deleted scenes/outtakes from various episodes, series/episode promos and new interviews with the cast and the producers...all in full HD. A true pleasure to watch. :)

5. AFIS

AFIS Lab Technician

Okay, thanks EricaSJ and Smokey. I was already leaning to the season 1 in BR but I just couldn't decide on season 9 in BR or season 1 in BR.

6. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

The BluRay set for season one contains a commentary for the "Pilot." The original season one set contained no commentaries. It's a nice listen.

As for what I would like for a season 10 'extra,' I'd like a mobisode/webisode sort of thing. A lot of shows nowadays have original webisodes that are 2-3 minutes in length, and are released each week. House is currently doing this with its new iTunes Appisode spinoff Nurse Jeffery.

What could CSI do for theirs? Well, if William Petersen had the spare time to film a 5 episode mobisode for the set, it could revolve on Grissom's time in Paris. Perhaps Sara's travels across the pond and sitting in on one of his lectures? Just filling in the gaps during his time not seen on the show this season.

(And we all know that new content featuring Grissom never hurts!)