Which series had the best season overall? *spoilers*

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, May 27, 2010.

?

Which series had the best season overall?

1. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

13 vote(s)
    72.2%
  2. CSI: Miami

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  3. CSI: New York

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. They were all equally good! :D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. They were all equally bad! :(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Now that CSI:NY has aired its finale, all three series are over for the season. So it's time to weigh in! Which series had the best season overall? Vote in the poll and let us know in the comments why you picked what you did. :D

2. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

CSI: Las Vegas. Hands down! Thumbs up! :thumbsup: :lol:
    The writing was excellent - great stories and character development. I really liked almost all the episodes unlike on season 9 where I only liked the first half and about 3 episodes from the second half.

Next is CSI: NY. Not the best but certainly enjoyable.

Last is Miami. Some episodes were well written but far-fetched. Others were recycled.

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  3. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

Hands down CSI was the best show from the three!!The stories were generally great,screentime was more balanced compared to last season,a nice serial killer storyline took place and Sara Sidle returned.
    CSI:NY takes second place(not one of the best seasons but pretty solid)with Miami on number three(I loved Walter's introduction),but I didn't like the absence of Natalia and Frank.

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I liked Miami and Vegas this season overall... though there were definitely some issues with both. Miami- Lack of Nat and Frank, Ryan written out of character especially in the first half of the season, other issues / Vegas- Some of the eps I felt Greg didn't have enough of a presence, probably other issues too.

While NY had a couple of decent episodes, overall I was kind of bored with it this season to be honest.

5. electra

electra Pathologist

Vegas without a doubt.Even in a bad day is WAY better then NY or Miami.I liked Catherine as a supervisor,Sara has been a team trooper this season and Nick is amazing as second in charge.They had really good episodes even they still are not as good as earlier seasons.

I have tried to watch NY recently becouse is after Criminal Minds but they lost their touch.

Miami first season was really bad given that Delko was absent and Jesse was front and center.But it got better at the end.

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Vegas definitely. Interesing cases, good character moments. Cath in charge...'nuff said ;).

NY was rather boring and the finale didn't help much.

Miami got better the second half of the season. Also didn't help that Adam wasn't on the first half, so... boring for me.

well hello electra :lol:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Vegas. Hands down. As a Nick fan it was one of his best seasons to date. :) Catherine was a much better leader than she was back in season 5. Most of the episodes were enjoyable to watch and quite a few in which the hour was up faster than I was expecting. :)

Miami I only watched 2 episodes (first & last) and NY I only saw 3 or 4 episodes. 10pm is too late for me - I fall asleep half way through if I'm lucky. :lol: I for one am waiting to be able to watch NY at 9pm on Fridays. :lol:

Susan

8. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

CSI was by far the best. New York comes in second and Miami comes in last as usual.

9. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I don't think my answer's changed much from sometime midseason. CSI had the best season, by so far the other two can't even see it. Excellent team unity and quirk, loved seeing Sara back, loved Greg period, loved Catherine in charge, and Field Mice is one of the best episodes ever written :D Doctor Who was pretty amazing, too.

CSI Miami and NY remain tied overall. From what I saw, Miami's improved a great deal in quality while NY's definitely started to slip. But there were some episodes of New York this season that were just great, and some of Miami that (much as I enjoyed the new character additions and didn't care too much about Delko being gone) still bored me a lot or had me going 'wtf'. So they meet in the middle as a tie.

Last edited: May 28, 2010
  10. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

They were ALL fantastic how can anyone choose "which is the best one" I being a longtime Vegas CSI fan have a little edge towards that one. I guess I would have to say this one. I'm so thrilled with this past two seasons, but espcially S/10,:bolian: and we're so lucky to have Laurence Fishburne as the enticing Dr. Raymond Langston, he's sensational, and remarkable doing this mysterious character. He's beguiling, charming, low-key, laid back, but with a churning fire beneath the surface, which he controls and supresses, but it comes to the surface upon catching the perpretrators & he's shrewd, but enchanting and fits in so perfectly with the team. He's brought class, style and elegance to the team. As Marg said "he's a class act", yes indeed. And it's been great to have Sara back as well. All the finales were overwhelming, and powerful and all with freak-show serial killers and cliffhangers:eek:

11. electra

electra Pathologist

It seems like NY had a really bad season.I was considering to watch it now that I am on vacation but nobody liked it,Was it really that bad?

Hello again,hiphugger17:)

12. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

It's not bad, actually. Let's just say that it's not the best season NY ever had. The first half of the season was great. Then there were also some great episodes scattered within the second half.

13. INACTIVEQuinn Fabray

INACTIVEQuinn Fabray Lab Technician

CSI Vegas, no doubt about that. This season was REALLY good. The storylines were all interesting and captivating, Catherine was an amazing supervisor, Sara came back and was (like electra said) a real team trooper and lots of Nick and Greg. I am eagerly awaiting season 10!!! :D

14. electra

electra Pathologist

Geeno,if you have some time,Can you tell me the name of the episodes you liked? Summer is my time to catch up with TV shows.I know I am off topic so moderators can move to the appropiate thread.

15. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Of course! I know the moderator will understand. I'll just keep it short. :)

Epilogue
    Lat/Long, Cuckoo's Nest, and Manhattanhenge - The Compass Killer story
    Blacklist
    , Dead Reckoning, Criminal Justice (start of a recurring story), Uncertainty Principle, and Point of View - awesome cases
    It Happened To Me - Hawkes-centric episode
    Hammer Down - the mid-part of the crossover
    Death House and Redemptio (another Hawkes-centric) - something different from CSI formula
    Second Chances - well, just neglect the acting of a guest star, but this is great! :lol:
    RIP Marina - Stella-centric episode
    Flag on the Play - Sid-centric episode
    Vacation Getaway - I like the finale but some hated it. But you might watch to lead way into next season premiere.

The others I didn't mention were also good. But you might try them. There was nothing really awful or horrible this season, in my opinion.

Last edited: May 29, 2010