Episode 8x24 - "All Fall Down" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 22, 2010.

1. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

LOL! Poor Rick will probably be like "Come on Horatio! You can't even die in MY DREAM!?!?!?!??!!?!":shifty::guffaw:

I totally agree with this statement. I don't mind Delko coming back, I don't mind him being part of the team again, in fact, I welcome him back, but he has been sitting center seat for so long, shouldn't this be about time to let other characters shine? Ryan, Natalia, and Frank have more than earn their stripes on this show, shouldn't they take center stage now? I'm not even asking for Jesse and Walter since they are the newbies so they have to wait their turn, but Ryan, Natalia, and Frank deserve to take front burner position considering over the last few years it's been Horatio, Calleigh, and Eric. I notice recently they've definitely been toning down on Horatio's appearances, maybe they should do the same with Delko.

As for the whole responding to emergency, I have to admit, as much as it was dramatic appeal with him screaming and yelling, to think about it realistically is to realize the plain stupidness of that scene. Surely a long-time cop would know by now to use phone and call for help instead of yelling for help in a lab where NO ONE is in a position to help him!:scream: I mean seriously, if a 5 year old knows to call for help in trouble, surely a veteran cop knows the drill. Screaming and yelling on the floor doesn't do anything to solve the issue no matter how loud your voice can be!

I was confused on that one as well, he looked frustrated, not reeling from betrayal....he just looked like he was not very happy and kinda pissed off in that calm way Horatio can be.....

Maybe next season will give us a more clear view?

Natalia always look gorgeous! I really do hope she gets a man who will treat her well, god knows she deserves one!:)

Same way I'm never satisfied with the minimal Don Flack scenes, apparently being a cop doesn't do well for screentime....well I'm just happy that Frank is around, he is too funny to waste!:lol:

I love love Ryan! And I totally agree the fence jumping scene made me VERY happy...:p

I think that's a very realistic point she brought up, because even in real life, people have views and biases that will undoubtably effect an investigation. Bias cannot possible be completely put aside, a lot of that is subconscious. Good to see the show pointing that out.

You know Horatio doesn't like what was being said, but the one thing I love about H is that, he will take it, he will take the judgement and deal with it instead of getting all pissy and in suspect's face about it like some other people would do when they are being righteously insulted.

Good for Horatio!

I've been waiting for Ryan, Natalia, and Frank to take front burner for a long time. Jesse and Walter can wait a bit, the other three deserves it most definitely!

Wasn't there something said about continuing the Jesse's dead wife storyline and bringing back his wife's "accused" killer for a few guest stars? Maybe next season will bring that storyline to an end.

2. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

POOR RYAN! That is like, the millionth time this season he's tried to revive people and failed.

Also, I am going to go ahead and guess that maybe ALL the mail sent to the lab and its personnel could have been poisoned? Not just the letters sent to our main CSIs.

I'm also gonna go out on a limb here and say that next season, if there are more serious ramifications to any one person on the team, it'll be Calleigh. Originally I would have said Ryan based on observation and the fact he seemed to be handling those potentially poisoned letters more bare-handedly than the other CSIs, but ending with Delko and Calleigh AGAIN and just the way it happened made me think well, she's going to be in a coma next season. Again!

On a side note, I am hoping both Ryan and Eric will be back next season. The pool scene was epic. Seeing the two of them actually like...run together was kind of a nice. It made me think they were actually friends or something for a change! (from the ET interview earlier, Jonathan was saying "we" a lot and I was like PLEASE LET THAT BE AN INDICATION OF YOUR DEFINITE RETURN)

3. alexa

alexa Witness

I am in pure shock!:eek:
    Milgram experiment on obedience to authority is allowed in the U.S.A??
    Where are your human rights?
    I'm shocked!:eek::eek::eek:
    shocked:wtf:

AAAHH yay for my Natalia and that professor...awkward moment between this two....btw what a teacher:drool::drool::drool:

Is just me or you guys notice that H is not talking to much (at all)? he just looks and shakes his head:wtf:

In my dream Calleigh does nt wake up
    unfortunately I think it is quite possible to be Walter who will not wak up:(.

sorry for any English mistake;)

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  4. SinisterCSI

SinisterCSI Victim

I think Adam was in the episode a lot more because the writers know he is staying for good for the next season. The patition that was signed by fans to keep him on I assume plays a big part in how is chary is played next year. If that make sense? (more scenes with him, ect.. fans spoke and thats what they want? you know?)

Over all the episode was fantastic! I really liked how everyone got screen time and they didn't shun anyone out this time. I think they should do more episodes like that next year and I hope that they do.

As for everyone that are hating on Eric and Calleigh.. :devil: .. lol.. well.. I'm a fan so I hope Emily stays on the show. Sure this season they have totally did a 360 with her chary, but it works. It just shows that she has grown as a person I guess. Maybe I'm wrong and I'm sure there are people that disagree with me, but that's just my opinion. We're entitled to them. ;)

I want to see Calleigh and Eric actually together next season, I mean since he is back (which I loved the scene between him and H when he said "us" and H welcomed him back. It was great!) I want to see how they will write the charaters this time around being that they will be in the same lab on the same shift working together, now that they are together? They've made EC fans wait too long anyhow it's about time we got what we wanted. Haha. :thumbsup:

The ending scene I think was just a natural reaction. I'm sure my phone would be the last thing on my mind (even though he was using it when he walked into the lab, lol) if I walked into a lab full of passed out colleagues. Eric yelling out for help like that was just him being worried and scared not just for his girlfriend but for everyone? I'm sure next season it will show him finally using his cell if they start off with that scene? Or him with her as they wheel her out on the gurny out of the lab? -Something like that?

The Natalia scene with Esai Morales was great! I hope that maybe next season they explore more with her charater in the dating department and the same with maybe Ryan. Ryan did amazing, Jon Togo has always been great but this season I think he did fantastic (although Wolfe in Sheeps Clothing is one of my favorite episodes with him) he's really grown in the 6 of the 8 seasons he's been on the show. Fantastic job!

Walter. I just love Walter that's all I can say and the same for Frank! I wish there were more scenes with them and Frank always has something witty to say that's why I love him so much.

Jessie, well I'm not a big fan of his charater.. yet?.. maybe never? I don't know yet. Lol, maybe its because I'm such a HUGE Adam Rodriguez fan and I think Miami only has room for one hot Latin CSI? Haha, again I'm sure there are people who would disagree with me, but that's ok. We all watch the same show so we all like it for some of the same reasons and dislike it for some of the same reasons I'm sure!?!

As for H... well there's nothing bad I can say about him. David Caruso is always amazing, no matter the one liner. Haha. :lol: He makes the show even better!

I just really hope the person they are "killing off" isn't one of our ORG's or mains. That would suck and wouldn't be fair to the fans that are so die hard about the show like I am and I'm sure the rest of us on here! :) The Sunday time slot I don't think will be too bad, at least I'm hoping it's not?

But we have 3 months so lets see what happens. I know this summer we'll get some spoilers.. at least I'm hoping so! If not I don't know what I would do with myself! lol

5. CSIMiamiLover88

CSIMiamiLover88 Hit and Run

Well I am not gonna write everything I was thinking as you've covered it all for me lol. In total agreement with everything you say!! :)

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Ooh... that's a good point. Perhaps when the killer put all of the tainted mail for the CSIs in the mail basket some of the poison got on the other mail. If that's the case then its possible that Jenn (the person who delivered the mail to the CSIs) will be the one that dies because she would have been exposed to more of the toxin than the others. And they did give her a name, so...

Possible. It seems strange to me that she's the only CSI that we didn't see actually fall (other than H and Eric). But Jesse was the only one not wearing a labcoat which is also bizzare.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

8. Wasabi Power

9. electra

electra Pathologist

Well ,they sort of told us that there was going to be a cliffhanger so IMO that took away the excitement of the episode.And it makes sense that they wanted to do it that way considering that the show is moving.I am also not surprised that they ended with and E/C moment.The episode did well(12.4 viewers and 3.3 in the demo) so they would want to keep those numbers.

I liked Horatio welcoming Eric back to the team.For me it was the best scene of the episode.I watch for Adam so it was like reassuring that he will be there next season.

I normally do not pay much attention to Natalia but her scenes with the professor were very well done.

Calleigh in ballistics is great.More of that please.:thumbsup:

Ryan was funny with Walter and his scene running with Delko was awsome.Kudos to him.

Still have nothing to say( good or bad )about Jesse.

10. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

This season finale was very anti-climatic for me, because TPTB had already "shocked me senseless" by all but assassinating Rick Stetler's character last week. That episode was not just a cliff hanger- it was a plunge into the abyss! So anything after that was not going to be too shocking, at least for me! I can only hope that somehow they do a "fix-it" of things in the Fall because they realize that they betrayed a lot of old, loyal fans when they did that.

Esai Morales? I was looking all over for him and it took me quite a while to find him in the program; sorry to say he hasn't aged very well, but then I'm looking at him from eyes that saw him last in the film "La Bamba" from years ago. Natalia's young and very attractive, I hope that she can do better than start a love interest with him.

Walter's fainting scene? I'm sorry, he just doesn't fit my image of a cop- I find it hard to take him seriously although I can admit I don't hold my breath in anxiety worrying about him breathing safely as I did when he first came on. If CSI Miami were a comedy, I could accept him more but it isn't, so for me he just ends up cluttering up the screen and distracts rather than adds to a scene.

Calleigh? Well I just frowned. How many times is she going to fall out nigh onto death from something interfering with her breathing? Along with the others, it just seemed like an extension from a shop worn theme. Perhaps if she had not succumbed like the others it might have had more impact.

Also, one more question- if we mere civilians have been taught to be wary of letters that come to us without return addresses, no postage metering etc; don't you think that from the beginning the team would have been suspicious? I mean from the first time Ryan opened the letter at the beginning or perhaps even when the lady that brought the mail to them, she should have been alarmed by how it looked. The lab has many enemies and I think that some sort of protocol as to the presentation of mail should have been followed.

When Ryan opened the letter the first time, I immediately thought that some sort of powder was going to spill out (ie; anthrax). You would think that they all would have taken some precautions but yet, none of them did and considering the enemies that they have accrued over the years you think they would have.

I thought it was clever for the professor to out CSI the CSI's as it were when she had her dialog with Horatio- in another reality; he might have wanted to hire her because she thinks as they do. She reminded me of how Catherine Trammel in Basic Instinct outwitted the cops without batting an eye; she was a refreshing antagonist. A pity that bad she lacked integrity, but her attitudes seemed to reflect quite accurately many of her generation who feel that "everybody does it"- cheating, that is, to get what they want is perfectly acceptable.

In the end, it's a mixed bag for me; if Rick isn't repaired, not a whole lot is going to matter very much.

11. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Well I thought it was a good episode. My time is short so I'll just point out some things

-Eric and Ryan running to save that guy: Have to say it was well directed and choreographed though at times it looked like they sped up the camera like in some of the old Bond films to make it look more intense but still a good scene

-I hope that Miss Snooty house (Melissa?) is brought down a notch
    -Frank didn't fall :D. Nice to see him using his trademark wit again
    -Lot of good scenes with everyone working together and it looks like they've canned the team fractures which I'm glad.

-The final scene was bad. In fact it came off comedic seeing Delko shouting "Somebody Help!" when just about everybody in the lab is passed out. I was almost expecting an overhead shot with him going "NOOOOOOOOOO" and the ep fading to the credits

-Not related to the episode but I personally loved seeing an ad for the new A-Team movie. At one time I used to watch A-Team and Miami back to back so that was neat

Rating 4/5

12. ciuchino

ciuchino Victim

I think I did not like this episode, probably because 8.23 was very great. A lot of stories, surprises. And fast, tense, awesome.
    'All fall down' is slow and seems one half of a double episode.

About the one leaving, if they want us to believe a CSI dies, Calleigh is the best candidate, but at least she can ghost and back whenever she likes.

Let's wait and see. I liked the Melissa character, she is smart and ambitious.

I hope they do not "combine" Natalia with the professor. She'd deserve someone her age.

13. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I was kind of wondering about this myself. I actually commented to my hubby (who was watching with me) about the CSIs opening un-postmarked mail. Plus, I would think that the MDPD would have special mail-screening procedures, given how many criminal enemies any police dept. normally has. I have a couple of friends that work for the D.A.'s office, and they have heightened security in their mail screening procedures (to check for poisons, letter-bombs and other suspicious matter), because prosecutors are a target for disgruntled criminals. I would assume that it's the same for a police department and its CSI unit. I guess the writers skipped these security procedures in order to make the plot of the episode work.;):lol:

BTW: The address on the envelopes to the CSIs actually threw me for a bit of a loop. (My work takes me to South Florida quite often, and I actually lived in Miami for a spell in the past.) "20255 Biscayne Blvd." (aka, US Hwy 1) is actually in Aventura, FL, which is as far north in Miami-Dade County as you can go before entering Broward County (Ft. Lauderdale). And zip code "33197" is near Cutler Bay, which is so far south in Miami that you're almost on your way to the Florida Keys! In any event, both of these addresses are quite far from downtown, where the MDPD Headquarters, courthouse and S.A.'s office are. I've always thought that CSI HQ was nearer to downtown, for some reason. Oh well, I guess you learn something new every day!:guffaw: The writers probably used a fake address b/c using a real one can get you sued by the person whose home or business is actually there.

Very well said!:thumbsup: You captured so many of my own thoughts about "All Fall Down" in your post. I can't wait until the spoilers for Season 9 begin to leak out in a couple of months.:)

14. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I have to admit, I found the episode rather poorly written. The writers are reverting back to the Season 7 "Let's Make It As Outrageously Preposterous As Possible" story lines.

When I heard that Rob Zombie was going to direct an episode this season, I immediately harkened back to that horrible Quentin Tarantino sendup of The Sopranos. But Rob's take was actually more in line with the arc of Season 8 than a lot of other episodes, setting a backstory for Jesse, and getting a masterful performance from Malcolm McDowell.

This episode just left a bad taste in my mouth. So everyone passes out at the end. Little explanation or science behind it. I suppose the "untold story" is that one (or more) of the actors/actresses is having a contract dispute, and the producers are going to let it simmer all Summer while they try and sort things out.

Unsatisfying.

15. Wasabi Power

I dunno, for me Eric yelling for help at the end wasn't silly or anything. I mean, he just walked in. It's not like he knew what the heck was going on at the moment. His girlfriend is laying passed out on the floor for goodness sake!
    What's a guy to do?

Same with the letters. I don't think that even with their reputation they would immediately think: "Hey, this letter has no return address on it... IT MUST BE LADEN WITH INVISIBLE, ODORLESS TOXINS!"

In essence, the characters aren't as aware of the episode spoilers as we are!:lol: