Episode 8x24 - "All Fall Down" **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, May 22, 2010.

1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I totally agree with you about Season 4....I thought of all the show's season, that one was the worst.

And I loved how the finale was about the "team" and not just about one particular character....everyone got their spots and moments and it ended with all (except H, Frank and Eric) of them in the same position.

I think what started the change reaction with whatever it was that made them all pass out definately had to do with Ryan putting that solution on the stamps....the chemical reaction probably released whatever it was that caused them all pass out b/c if it was the in the air filtration system of the lab then it wouldn't have dissapated by the time Eric entered and he would have passed out too.

Gonna be a long summer! lol

btw do we know who is under contract to return and whose contract expired at the end of this season? And if so, do we know if anyone re-signed with the show?

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Didn't care for the Marisol storyline (thought it was contrived and poorly written) and the season is when I started to dislike the character of Delko. I also didn't prefer the whole Mala Noche nonsense which to me, contributed to what I saw to be Horatio's character assassination, through to season 5. I much prefered the more humble substance of the previous seasons.

I was thinking about that after the episode ended. The spoilers seemed to indicate that it was the letters that poisoned everyone and I couldn't connect what was happening to the letters -- totally forgot that Ryan had added a solution to the stamps. So, it makes more sense that way, thanks. :lol:

Also, I think it's nice that the professor who caught fire supposedly survived; I think he was supposed to die so it looks like they changed it (I think someone said "you saved his life" etc.). Maybe he'll serve as a love interest or part of a storyline for Natalia next year.

3. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's a possibility,but wouldn't those that were closer to the stamps been affected first?,namely Ryan,Calleigh,etc?. Of course, we have no other explanation right now.The killer may have figured out the CSI's would test the stamps and added poison. I also think it's strange that the team wasn't affected right away,some of them appeared to have fallen in different areas.

We seemed to be able to find out that info easier in the earlier seasons. I haven't heard a thing.

4. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Overall, I'd say I liked this episode. It was much more interesting to have the murders already be set up and seeing the CSIs trying to stop them from happening, instead of getting there long after a crime and working backwards.

One thing I didn't like: they had a character replicate the Milgram experiment. In real life, that would NEVER HAPPEN. Anyone who's taken a Psych 101 class could tell you that. No IRB would approve it because it would be futile- the experiment is fairly well-known, and that would skew the results. It'd be a waste of time and money to try to conduct it in the exact same way (electrical shocks) again. Even an institution with a weak and/or corrupt research department wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

5. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:drool: What a great idea. Goodness knows, nobody needs a love interest as much as Natalia (or Ryan or Frank, et al). It would add some much needed fresh energy to Season 9.

6. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

loved the whole team racing to the next scene and not able to save some victims and then thinking it was one suspect but it was another person instead..hope the burn victim survives (maybe he can get a referral from Ron Saris on good plastic surgeons?no wait that Dr. got shredded up like mulch...)no would LOVE to see the talented Essai Morales paired with Natalia...and he's a professor so he'd be intelligent enough to date her...hmmm..like Horatio's reaction to Erik coming back to work f/t and really liked E/C moment at the end but really why didn't Delko use his cell phone to cry out for 911???!!good season finale-most of the season not so great but they made up for some of it in the 11th hour..

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was thinking that too ... like with the cologne when water was added, it became combustable or whatever. But then again, I'm not sure that adding the glycerine is what caused everyone to pass out because of the simple fact that everyone in the hallway seemed to pass out before the others. Natalia appeared to be in the DNA lab, Calleigh left the layout room for the ballistics lab (I think?) and we didn't actually see Calleigh fall, so that makes me think she'd been out longer than the others... so whatever happened affected Calleigh and the people in the hallway first, then Natalia. And next Walter stepped out of the layout room and passed out in the hallway. Then we saw Jess and Ryan fall around the same time. I think it started in the hallway and then moved into the other rooms afterward.

One thing is for sure, whatever it was that caused everyone to pass out seemed to have dissipated by the time Eric arrived.

My thoughts on the episode:

First of all, my direct box didn't go to the ep early enough even though I told it to go there two minutes early. So, the first thing I saw was the mail lady coming toward Walter and Ryan. Is this the first scene of the episode?

Walter saying something about an invitation to some kind of convention or something? Then Ryan teasingly asks him how many nerd clubs he's in. Walter replying teasingly "do you wanna get beat up?" :lol: They are so cute.

So mail lady's name is Jenn.

Team puzzle time. :)

"Mommy fell down." Awww.

Doriah, is that what the girl said her name is? Haven't heard of that name before.

That shirt the little girl's father had on is ugly!

The bar code thing is interesting.

Love the scene of Eric and Ryan running and then jumping over the fence. :drool: Too bad Ryan didn't jump in the water too with those white pants and that light t-shirt on.

Poor guy being set on fire by the cologne.

Guy: Maybe you've read it.
    Frank: I couldn't put it down. :lol: I love when Frank's sarcastic.

Guy: I'll be in a room full of students.
    Frank: Then I guess I'll be auditing your class.

Melissa: Even if I was guilty, taking me in won't prevent any murders that have already been set in motion.

^ That's a stupid thing to say. If you were really guilty, saying that would be like OJ writing the book called "If I Did It".

Oh, its an experiment? Come on!

Oh, the guy is the killer. No wonder he knew he didn't need protection.

Oh and was it just me, or were there some sparks between Natalia and cologne victim? I mean, before he went up in flames.

8. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

I completely agree. :thumbsup: I'm pretty sure that all of the main characters will be back in the Fall. CSIM has been on Monday nights (at least, in my area) since its inception, so it's already going to be a risky enough proposition to move the show to Sunday nights. Upsetting a large portion of the show's fan base by killing off one of the main cast-members would be the proverbial nail in the coffin. :shifty: It just wouldn't make good business sense. All of the comments from TPTB about someone not "getting up" next season are most likely just hype to keep us guessing and interested so that we'll tune in in September. It's going to be a looooong summer!:lol:

As for the episode as a whole, "All Fall Down" didn't blow me away, for some reason. It felt a little bit too much like a "staged" finale for my taste. There was a lot of potential for the psychological mind-games concept, but I didn't really feel like the episode fully lived up to that potential. There were a few good moments, like Ryan and Eric sprinting to the Dade U. pool, Horatio welcoming Eric back to CSI, and Calleigh in the ballistics lab. And the scene between Natalia and the professor (pre-shower) was very intriguing. ;) But there weren't enough of these moments to completely hold my interest throughout the episode. It didn't have the "high-octane" feel of the last few episodes. IMO, the season finale wasn't fabulous, but OK.

9. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

WOW! I don't even... WOW.

I loved it. I thought it was GREAT! I enjoyed the team interaction. The episode really pulled me in... all the way through it though, I kept thinking exactly what I said earlier- They will NOT kill someone off like this. NOt a main character! I have LOTS of thoughts, but just finished watching, SO I'm going to rewatch (LOL!) And process them... I just know I love it!!!!

I am going to say that the pool scene with Ryan (Including them jumping the fence) was just... :drool: I loved it! Just wish Ryan coulda jumped in the pool.. with what he was wearing and... yeah. !!!!!!

I love how dramatic the episode was, yet it wasn't to OVER the top.

(AND TO ADD... I don't think anyone's contracts are up. If they were, we'd know. Like on Vegas we know, and NCIS it's a huge thing... I really think we'd know.)

ALL that said, it STILL didn't top last weeks, IMO. ;P

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Well, I guess Eddie spilled the beans, didn't he. However, I wonder how they would have had time to get a vaccine together? And it appears they were all in separate rooms, so that doesn't quite make sense. Did they fall down to fake the killer out? Regarding the episode, sorry but I thought Eric was in it way too much. I disliked the blonde so much, it was distracting. Also, the episode was way too slow. I think Ryan had the best fainting scene; his eyes actually rolled back in his head-- that can't be easy to do!

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

I liked the episode, although too much Delko for my taste. Ending scene :rolleyes: stop yelling and use the cell phone.

Anyway, I loved Ryan and Walter they are just too cute in their teasing one another.:lol:

I loved Jon's fainting scene, nobody does scenes like that better. You are right Theresa rolling your eyes back in your head can't be easy. The camera was right on him to.

Walter!!! Can anyone say "timber" it was lika big ole tree falling.:guffaw:

12. Blinded By Smoke

Blinded By Smoke Pathologist

Oh I have to agree! His fainting scene was the best! I think they all did well, to be honest, but his took the cake for me! His acting is always above par!!!

13. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with both you and Theresa, slower. WAY too much Delko for my taste. When did he take over?

And he is the LAST law enforcement officer I would want responding if I called for help. I could die, as could everyone around me, while he's fawning over his sex partner and forgetting about the multitude of others that have been affected.

Sitting on the floor with her and yelling and screaming (again :rolleyes: - jeez is there any other way that Rodriguez can find to convey the seriousness of the situation - I strongly urge him to see his acting coach and work on enlarging his options for reacting to emergencies on screen)?!?!?!?!?!?

Where the hell was his phone? He is the most emotionally out-of-control, verging on incompetent, cop I've ever seen (and I work with cops).

And on what planet was Horatio "still reeling" from the horrible betrayal of last week? He looked just fine to me. :confused:

However:

Natalia was fantastic. She looked great and the warmth that just seems to natually radiate from her was there in every scene again last night. I also liked her and the professor's interaction. I was sure the spoilers said he was going to die, so I was pleasantly surprised that he didn't and I hope that he and Natalia get a chance to hook up later.

Frank! Yippee! I want more. I'm never satisfied with the minimal Frank we get.

Ryan looked fantastic and Jonathan did an amazing job (as always). The scene with Ryan and Delko jumping the fence and Delko diving into the pool was very well done by both and very well shot. It was exciting!

Overall I enjoyed the episode.

I LOVED that moment. It's so true. And it seemed to me that they had Horatio somewhat acknowledging the truth to the statement with the flashback and the look on his face when she said it.

Hope that means TPTB have had some sort of epiphany and will gear their stories to correct it.

I've made it no secret that I hope Calleigh is the one to die. I think her character is played out. Tonight's episode is the first in a long time that she's even done anything constructive. I'm surprised she remembered she was part of a greater team than just Delko. It's obvious that Delko is going to remain, as much as I'd like to see both he and Calleigh gone. But besides Calleigh (and Delko if I could make all my wishes come true), I don't want to lose ANYONE!

The rest have a lot of story potential left to explore. Especially Ryan, Natalia and Frank. I know that Jesse and Walter do as well, but part of me is thinking that maybe they need to wait their turn. ;)

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Totally agree about the experiment. It's so well known that most subjects pushing the button would know what was going on and would refuse to participate. Unless they're sadists, that is...

For the time being, Esai Morales has a starring role in Syfy's Caprica. However, should that show not be renewed, he would be great as a recurring guest star.

Perhaps in the first episode next season, the first thing we see will be Rick Stetler waking up with a big smile on his face, relishing the wonderful dream he just had about all the CSIs dropping dead in the lab. But then he'll frown because Horatio survived... :lol:

15. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

it was alot better than i expected it to be