Which series has had the best season this year so far?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by bgnogan, Dec 19, 2009.

1. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

CSI is much better than last year, and I've actually caught a few episodes of Miami and I like it for the first time in years.

2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

New York (is the only one I actually enjoy watching anymore)
    Vegas (I don't watch it right away, but catch the episodes the next day. I think the episodes are better this season as they were last)
    Miami (haven't watched an episode since season 2 and don't plan to watch it period)

3. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Las Vegas is the best so far, I'm a bit disappointed with Miami but it's still my favorite.
    I don't watch NY

4. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

CSI: Miami. Hands down. CSI: NY has barely managed to get a couple of oohs out of me and CSI can't even manage to do that with their commercials, so I don't even watch the episodes of CSI. The only episode of CSI I've watched this season was the conclusion of The Trilogy where Ray Langston went back to Vegas after going to Miami then to New York. Now CSI: Miami has grabbed a hold and hasn't let go. If only the other 2 CSI shows would learn from CSI: Miami's season 8. If they would learn then CSI: NY could have a rocking season 7 and CSI could have "a killer", pardon the pun, season 11.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  5. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^What made you not to watch CSI? I'm just curious. You should try CSI. The stories this season are amazing. In my opinion, of the 3 CSIs, the original is still the best in writing. If only Grissom is still on the show, many would realize that.

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Much as I feel like a traitor for even thinking this... CSI Original Flavour has the best season this year, hands down. For one thing, it's plain awesome to see Sara back! (even if only on a recurring basis) For another, not only is the screentime more even, but the team is so seamless, it's really like they complete each other. We're seeing better things from Greg :D And this year, I think the show's benefitted with Ray being the only real newbie, because it no longer feels like I'm being swamped with new characters (as much as I enjoyed Riley) -- he seems to be fitting in better than last year. Plus the writing, it's just genius sometimes.

And, well, Miami's tied with NY as far as second place goes -- there are things I'm impressed with in both their seasons, and then many things that just make me :brickwall: Technically it's a good thing, but NY used to be so, so much further ahead of Miami (and OF, for that matter) for me, so ...well either Miami's made definite strides or NY's falling hard :lol:

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

It's not like I was a fan for 9 seasons then just dumped it. I never have been a fan of that show. I always just watched an episode here and there. The ONLY 2 episodes of original CSI I can honestly say I like...correction: love, are the season 2 episode "Cross-Jurisdictions". Or as I like to call it "the CSI: Miami pilot episode". And the season 9 episode "A Space Oddity". Or as I like to call it "the Star Trek parody episode".
    Here's the rest of the answer made BOLD and underlined plus some more after the bold and underlining added to it quote:

In other words, the commercials for the episodes of Vegas CSI this season don't peak my interest enough to make me want to watch the episodes. I wouldn't have watched that one episode this season if it hadn't been part of a trilogy.
    Another thing: NO Riley. Riley and Ray together seem to reinvigorate the show. Now it just feels like Ray is replacing Grissom and nothing else has really changed. That's how CSI: Miami felt in season 3 after they killed off Speedle and brought in Ryan. Even the addition of Natalia in season 4 didn't really help. In fact, I found CSI: Miami's 4th season so bad that CSI: Miami fell off my radar in season 4 and stayed like that till this season. This season CSI: Miami is back on my radar the way it started out: as a big, bright, strong blip. It wasn't till this season when they added Eddie Cibrian's character Jesse Cardoza, Omar Benson Miller's character Walter Simmons and Christian Clemson's character Dr. Tom Loman that CSI: Miami felt fresh, new, reinvigorated.
    In my humble opinion, CSI: Miami proved sometimes all a show needs to renew and refresh itself is new characters with the right kinds of personalities played by the right people.

8. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

^Thank you Carolyn. But you know what, the first CSI episode I watched was the 200th episode "Mascara". Honestly, it was a Ray-fest boring episode and not the 200th material but I gave the show another try. And it worked. Now I've watched almost all the episodes and it's so worth it.

Same here Maya. Last season I would have said NY but this season it's LV. Just a couple of good episodes (Panty Sniffer and The Lost Girls) and the rest are great.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
  9. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I have to agree about Vegas. Not that I'm surprised or anything by the revelation. Vegas has proven time and time again that their writing teams are stronger and more consistent than either of the spin offs. Even if Miami and NY both had extremely promising first seasons, Vegas is the only one to consistantly deliver when it comes to the scripts.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I'm actually going with CSI: Miami on this one.

Writing-wise, CSI is always the strongest. But this year, it's often felt dull and lifeless. And that has nothing to do with Ray, who I quite like. The show just seems to be running out of steam. The characters on CSI have never been my favs (I like the NY ones best), but I always thought the cases were superb. Not so this season, really. The last episode was a paint-by-numbers fetish episode about men who sniff used women's underwear. Yuck.

CSI: NY usually wins by default for me because of how much I love the characters, but this season they've totally dulled down my favorite, Danny, and saddled him for good with the albatross that is Lindsay. That wouldn't matter quite so much if they'd retained his dynamic personality, but his paralysis story was mishandled and glossed over. Flack's storyline was the lone standout this year, but that was wrapped up in episode 8. CSI: NY really needs some reinvigorating.

So that leaves Miami... which isn't winning by default. The stories this season have felt crisper and more interesting than they have in quite a while, and the characters have had some sparkling interaction. For once, the show isn't relying on mustache-twirling gangbangers as their villains in every other episode. I've really liked Miami a lot this season, and some of the episodes, like the last one with Kyle, have really managed to humanize Horatio a lot.

I guess we'll see how the respective seasons wrap up, but for now, that's where I stand. :)

11. Grissom rules

Grissom rules CSI Level Two

This season the CSI shows haven't been on their best.

CSI still is the number one show,because it has the best stories.I like this season more compared to season 9.

NY and Miami have been a little disappointing this season but I prefer NY because I like the cast more.

I have to admit though that Walter's addition on CSI:Miami is great!!

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

In my opinion, this season hasn't really been very strong for any of the CSI's. Vegas has had some pretty interesting episodes and I think that after being quite shaken up after Warrick, Sara, and Grissom left, they have finally stepped on solid ground. The team feels stronger and Cath as the boss has been cool to watch. So yeah, Vegas for me in number 1.

NY comes second, but only because Miami has been such a dissapointment for me this season. There's not a single episode from Miami that stands out in my mind. I find Jesse dull and kind of plain, Horatio is still super H (though I have to say that the Kyle episode was a step towards the right direction), Ryan and Natalia do absolutely nothing for me, and with Eric gone most of the season it's just been not much fun to watch. I keep watching because of Calleigh and the addition of Walter and Tom which, IMO, has been amazing. I'm just really grateful that Adam is coming back :).

13. jeanlee411

jeanlee411 Civilian

Las Vegas :bolian:One of the best seasons ever, and Laurence Fishburne is brilliant, and such a bonus to the show. I'm so glad he accepted the offer to appear on the show. All the stories are sensational and the team and the writers, over the top. I'm so happy with this season. On the other two, I don't watch Miami, except the crossover, which was good, the team is great, I just can't tolerate Caruso:( and I watch the re-runs of NY. Last week's "Better Off Dead", came in with 15.5 million viewers in the 9:00 o' clock time slot~

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I have to go with Las Vegas.The stories are just more solid, the writers seem to think about the storielines as well as the characters.
    Ny would be second.Some of the stories are pretty solid and the characters are great.
    Miami,once my favorite,was all over the place.The characters were way out of character at times.
    My favorites, Ryan and Natalia were given next to nothing to do,there was character assassination(which has now stopped so it seems) and inconsistencies.There was too much of a push to incorporate new characters,but they have since toned that down and I like what the newbies bring to the show. And we have Calleigh,who is now a whole different character than she started out and just didn't bring a lot to the season IMO, even with her almost dying yet again. The season was just chaotic.I did however enjoy that there were a few team moments.That had been missing a long time.

Last edited: May 7, 2010
  15. CSI17

CSI17 Hit and Run

For me, it's Miami, NY then LV. ;)