Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

On the LAW & Order SUV, last Wed. wow, interesting, The attorney/client confidential priviledge. So her client was the murderer of two girls 20 years apart, and some poor Joe was sitting in prison, because she couldn't come forward because of this clause. Interesing twists and turns couldn't decide who did this, till almost the end~

2. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I've been marathon watching SVU today... the first 8 episodes of Season 11. I've also seen the most recent four that have aired. I've been a casual watcher of this show for the past few years, mostly just catching episodes in reruns on NBC. This season has been the best in several years. I hate that Stephanie March has left the show yet again though... sigh. I hope they find a suitable replacement for her.

3. Desertwind

This ep. was so dark and full of doom and gloom. The kinda of crazy gal who was being raped in the stairwell, and Nardila pulling him off but didn't want to get involved due to deportation issues. Olivia and the DA talked her into testifying, after the girl who's hand he'd sliced, died. She'd been through rape in the Congo, and knew what it meant to help someone out. The ending was poignant and happy~

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010
  4. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

SVU is getting better and better this season. The epi last night was very emotional and brought back in some way or another the old SVU, that I enjoyed so much. Sad to see Stephanie March leaving the show, but I'm so looking forward to seeing Sharon Stone in her role of DA for a few epis.

5. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I wonder if she can top Christine Lahti.

6. Ruth

Ruth Dead on Arrival

I hope so, but obviously her presence on the show is gonna draw more viewers. I think we're gonna watch very interesting moments between her character and Elliot, and probably some heated arguments with Olivia. Looking forward to that :)

7. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I watched Season 8 of CI this weekend. I'm hoping when Goldblum takes over full time they can tone down the obnoxious music and get back to some cases that are easier to follow.

8. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Source: Ask Ausiello

Question: Didn’t expect to see Alex leaving again on Law & Order: SVU. Will she return this season?

Ausiello:
    Nope, she’s done for the season. That’s not to say she won’t be back next season though.

9. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

She needs to find a job and stick with it!

10. Desertwind

From last Wednesday, finally got to watch it this morning~

Kara a qualdriplegic, with MS on top of it, was found near death on her apt floor, who would do this? The kid from "Blind Side" Quinton Aaron was the guest and her nephew Damien, on this ep. While she was examined in the hospital it was found she had been abused for some time. The interogated a former male nurse, who for his own protection had a video of her own sister Janice, who was hitting her with a sock filled with soap bars, shocking & disgusting, and she was cursing at the poor girl who was cowering in fear. :(

Ice-T so cool, while interogating her she got angry and ran amok and they took her away. The sister makes bail and puts her in a nursing home, where she becomes totally depressed. Olivia goes to see her and convinces her to testify against of all paople the 'bus driver' who had brutally attacked her.. low-life~

The Ice-T find Damien holding him Mr. Dreigs hostage on the bus, and he talks him down, He clams it was concensual, but Olivia finds other disabled victims who he also raped. such a creep and who'd do this, EWWWW:klingon:

She bgs Olivia to testify all she can do is blink once for yes, and twice for no, and she does. Points out Driegs in court. Meanwhile the sister gets 5 years probation, for her abuse. She was jealous and hateful because Kara was a former opera singer and she felt her life was runied by her, and she gave up everything to take care of her. So, Damien gets power of attorney, and he will take care of his aunt~ Janice says to Damien" if you do this, I'll never forgive you" her looks at her with distaste, and he wheels his aunt out~

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

From TV Guide online:
    S. Epatha Merkerson to Leave Law & Order After 16 Years

April 1, 2010 06:42 PM ET
    by Kate Stanhope

After 16 years, S. Epatha Merkerson is leaving Law & Order at the end of this season, TVGuide.com has confirmed. "It's a graceful way to go. It's the end of my contract this year, and the story line has been so perfect," the 57-year-old actress told Entertainment Weekly, which first reported the news. "I've given it my best for 16 years. It's time to move on. I'm doing other things and this will be a great way to leave what has been an extraordinary gig."

Merkerson, whose character was diagnosed with cancer earlier this season, says she doesn't know yet if Lt. Van Buren will live or die.

"Van Buren is a hell of a character. However they decide to take her out, it'll be worthy of the character," she told EW. "Either way, it'll be great for me because I get to act it."

Although the fate of Law & Order — now in Season 20 — is also in question, the longtime cast member has faith it will return. "They say that every other year and the show always comes back," she told EW of the series, which is poised to break Gunsmoke's record for longest-running prime-time drama if it is renewed. "It's a great show. It's well-written. It has great integrity. It has a huge following."

Merkerson, who won an Emmy, Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards for her performance in the 2005 HBO film Lackawanna Blues, said she's next producing and directing a documentary.

"It's exciting for me to be able to learn new things, she said. "I'm sure it will be emotional, but right now I'm just really happy for having had the opportunity."

NBC refused to comment on Merkerson's departure.

<<< Maybe they will give her a 21 *doink doink* salute when she leaves. >>>

12. Destiny

Well that leaves Sam (McCoy) as the last of the orginials for the show then. Sad and yet both of them sticking through the revolving door which I think they should have put into the name "Law & Order: The Revolving character Door" or L&O: RCD :lol:

13. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

McCoy was not an original, though. Michael Moriarty preceded him. And Merkerson was preceded by FLorek
    Okay, now I'm showing my age. :)

14. Destiny

And my age to thanks lol. I watched it from the beginning to. and the dating of age goes on.

I just meant that Sam is the orginial of the revolving door cast, He as you pointed out took over where Michael left off, thereby with the revolving door makes him the only orginial of that left.

I think when people say that, they don't count the person that has left if the other has been there a long time and lets face it 6 yrs, and S. Epatha actually appeared first in Ep 1x17 "Mushroom" as a mom of slain children (thanks tv.com) then returned in season four to play Anita Van Buren from 9-15-93 to current.

So people always said that after a while when the rest of the cast was in and out of there quicker then you could blink, those two were the only orginial cast members left. I don't think I or they meant of the entire show, but of the longest tenure. If that makes any sense.

Want to really be dated, I remember that Ep S. Epatha was first in with the kids that were killed, that aired February 26, 1991. Now our ages are showing. ;)

15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^^
    LOL. Fair enough.
    I don't remember S. Epatha's first episode, but I do remember Moriarty's last one. It was pretty powerful. I liked his character. But Waterston was a good replacement, as was Merkerson.
    Did you know that they are developing a L&O:LA pilot? If they get Benjamin Bratt to star, I'm in. :)

Anybody been watching CI lately? The last episode was great! But I will not be watching when D'Onofrio and Erbe leave after next week. Like CSI when Grissom left, the end of an era.