CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

HAHA!!! Carmine and Aj.......oh what mischief lurks behind those eyes!! :lol::lol: love it!!:D

Love that Picture of Carmine and A.J.
A.J. sure figured out how to use Twitter pretty quick. :lol:

Did I miss what episode that's from? The finale perhaps?

new spoilers from the big tease @ fancast.com:

Any truth to the rumor that Gary Sinise is leaving ‘CSI: NY‘ after this season? – Christine
Let’s file this wild card query under “No.”
*files* under "amused by answer."

How many episodes is Claire Forlani coming back to ‘CSI: NY’ for? – fatherdowling via Twitter

Let’s file this query under “Intriguing.” Although I too have heard that Forlani is due back as Peyton Driscoll, no one is officially confirming the encore. Not the show, not the actress’ rep. No one. So, shhhhh!
*files* under ...under ....um ...other files...? :p

"shhh?" "No One?" Beg pardon, "No One?" Where's James Earl Jones when ya need him (I just had an inner soundbite flash of his voice from some movie saying, "...and I... was never here...") *files* "shhhhh!" (with all five h's exclamation mark) under Unexpectedly Irksome; *files* "No One" under Nudge Say No More, Italics, and possibly Alicia Keys for good measure. Pardon me, Alicia Keys.

*files* the rest under:

> wink and a nod
> dead air
> NCND > Neither Confirm Nor Deny diplospeak
> NCND > Non-Circumvention Non-Disclosure agreement
> seasonal adapt and improvise
> buzz for lack thereof

...and generally vaguely kinda sorta interestinck. "Intriguing?" Meh. Ish. Ish-meh. (Call me Ishmeh? :p) ...Ya, not funny, I know.

OK, focusing. Lotsa points already brought up w/ regards all of this that I agree with :).

Stepping back briefly. This is all just scuttlebutt, for lack of a better word :p. Spoilers are by nature intended to invite speculation, discussion, and inquiries, such as made via Fancast/Big Tease, for example, and during a month-long break between new epsisodes, is at least something to talk about. Tossing out a tidbit to watch teh feeding frenzy (or puzzled poking about, depending) is par for the course. And fun :p. A pinch of salt generally makes 'em go down easier too. Buzz is currency, and part of the game. (And that holds for websites as well as teevee shows, no? ;)).

Stepping into the specific again. Lots of possibilities. As some have said, perhaps things have/had not been finalized yet between Forlani and the show.

It could be that Madchen Amick's role in Pleading Guilty did throw a bit of a wrench in the production schedule of the last handful of episodes, one rippling thru in various accomodations being made. One big ongoing game of tetris. The pilot begins shooting in Chicago next week, I think. The extent to which she'll be required there, who knows. What NY is actually working on shooting next, who knows. What other obligations have cropped up with Forlani, who knows. Could be none of the above, something else entirely, or nothing at all. :p

Other observations. It was a door number 3 answer to an unanswered question, one that Fancast could still benefit from in posting all the same. But. The language they chose can indeed be filed under "Intriguing."

It's the Neither Confirm Nor Deny aspect that stands out. That the show couldn't or wouldn't comment (officially) might speak to continuing a careful management of information (and enjoyment of the buzz; and really, in that light, why would they say anything else at this point?) Or, regardless of original intentions, things may have altered within plans for the remainder of the season, and are in a state that precludes a definitive response at this point. That Forlani's reps couldn't or wouldn't comment could speak to a rather extended discretionary courtesy to the show, if it turns out she's not returning. Or. It could speak to an ongoing discussion regarding a potential return, where neither party is at liberty to comment. I would think this would be settled by now, if the show were going ahead with bringing her back. If so, it could be that there is a more binding agreement already in place. As in non-disclosure, will not spill da beans no beans not any beans if pressed thereby avoiding inadvertently preempting the show's desire to micromanage and control said beans every bean all da beans as preferred. And if that's the case, could indicate there's contract-like paper involved and that so's she, one way or another.

Last. The show is not responsible for what's posted on myriad sites, not beyond their own statements issued etc. I don't think the show is disrespecting their viewers' loyalty. Seeing their interest and numbers dwindle during another pocket of down-time hurts too though. So. ...Sometimes a Non-Comment is as good as a Tease. To a blind bat and all :p.

*files twitpic* of Carmine & AJ under ":D"

Last edited:

From Hill's Twitter:

JUST SAW THE ROUGH CUT OF EPISODE 619-- THE HUGE HAWKES EPISODE AND IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! IT AIRS APRIL 14TH-- GET READY!!!!!

Thanks Faylinn for the interesting info. Have a nice weekend.

We don't get a new episode this week, so here's a spoiler report for 6.18 "Rest in Peace, Marina Garito" to hold us over. I don't think there's anything I didn't post about before, but it should refresh everybody's memory at least. :)

Thanks, Faylinn!

She is attacked from behind, and the pair of them stumble over the railing and into the water. Stella struggles with her attacker as her gun drifts out of reach toward the bottom of the pool.

I still don't see why this is bad enough for her to end up in bloody hospital. If she really is injured in the water during her fight with the attacker, she'd be too busy being dead to end up in a hospital room! As far as I'm concerned, anyway. This is Stella we're talking about - the most she'll do is sit in the back of an ambulance for a few minutes. I really don't get it. Don't you think that if she's injured enough to be taken to hospital it must be pretty serious, and therefore she won't be okay (because that's what Aubrey tells Mac, apparently?) and that if she was injured enough just to be okay, what's she doing in a hospital?

Ahhh, none of this makes sense. :'(

I still don't see why this is bad enough for her to end up in bloody hospital. If she really is injured in the water during her fight with the attacker, she'd be too busy being dead to end up in a hospital room! As far as I'm concerned, anyway. This is Stella we're talking about - the most she'll do is sit in the back of an ambulance for a few minutes. I really don't get it. Don't you think that if she's injured enough to be taken to hospital it must be pretty serious, and therefore she won't be okay (because that's what Aubrey tells Mac, apparently?) and that if she was injured enough just to be okay, what's she doing in a hospital?

Ahhh, none of this makes sense. :'(
I always used to think this fighting scene in the pool would be near the end of the show, but obviously Stella will get attacked earlier in the show and will end up at the ER, but not too badly injured, so she´ll be able to leave after being checked and will continue to solve the case. Therefore she´ll be injured enough to be taken to hospital, but not that bad that she would have to stay. And that´s why Aubrey tells Mac that Stella will be OK.
It was always clear to me that she wouldn´t be life-threatingly injured, because she´ll work with the team in the Hawkes-episode 6.19.

But that's what I'm saying. If she wouldn't be too badly injured, then I doubt she'd let anybody take her to hospital. Remember when she was shoved down the stairs and beat around the head a little by that Greek dude and the most she did was sit in the back of the ambulance, monitoring her pulse or whatever? Hmm ... curiouser and curiouser.

OR maybe she is unconscious for a while but not really injured:):)

Speaking of the Ozzy song, there's also this, which I got from the Futon Critic:

Ozzy Osbourne's new song, "Let Me Hear You Scream," from his upcoming Epic Records album, Scream, will have its world premiere during an episode of CSI: NY, to be broadcast Wednesday, April 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

In the episode, "Redemptio," a death row inmate's (guest star Harold Perrineau, "Lost") final request brings Dr. Hawkes (series regular Hill Harper) to a Pennsylvania prison and face-to-face with a tragic incident that he has kept secret for many years, just as a prison riot erupts and traps Hawkes inside. The story was written by executive producer Peter M. Lenkov, with the teleplay by Lenkov and Bill Haynes.

"We were looking for something high energy and irreverent to sell the madness of a prison riot," said executive producer and episode writer Peter M. Lenkov. "We immediately responded to the new Osbourne tune. The song exceeded our expectations and brought exactly the right tone to the episode."

"When I heard they were going to use 'Let Me Hear You Scream' for a prison riot scene, I thought, 'Well, now that's something I know about,'" says Ozzy, who spent time in prison in the U.K. for burglary before his 18th birthday.

Also - I don't think we've seen the press release for "Redemptio"? Anyway, I snagged it from CBS Press Express:

A DEATH ROW INMATE'S FINAL REQUEST BRINGS HAWKES TO A PENNSYLVANIA PRISON AND FACE-TO-FACE WITH A PERSONAL SECRET JUST AS A PRISON RIOT ERUPTS, ON "CSI: NY," WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14

Ozzy Osbourne's New Song, "Let Me Hear You Scream," Has Its World Premiere During Episode

Harold Perrineau ("Lost") Guest Stars as Reggie Tifford, the Death Row Inmate

Edward Furlong ("American History X, "Terminator 2") Returns as Serial Killer Shane Casey

"Redemptio" - A death row inmate's final request brings Dr. Hawkes to a Pennsylvania prison and face-to-face with a tragic incident that he has kept secret for many years, just as a prison riot erupts and traps Hawkes inside, on CSI: NY, Wednesday, April 14 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:

Det. Mac Taylor............................. Gary Sinise
Det. Stella Bonasera......... Melina Kanakaredes
Danny Messer................... Carmine Giovinazzo
Dr. Sheldon Hawkes....................... Hill Harper
Det. Don Flack............................. Eddie Cahill
Lindsay Monroe......................... Anna Belknap
Adam Ross.................................... AJ Buckley
Dr. Sid Hammerback...................... Robert Joy

GUEST CAST:

Shane Casey...................Edward Furlong
Reggie Tifford........................ Harold Perrineau
Davis Ollenstein............... Robert Curtis Brown
Officer Miller.......................... Tyler Francavilla
Guard #1..................................... Eddie Alfano
Scarface..................................... Anthony Pena
Beaten Guard....................... Jon Collin Barclay
Priest............................................ Mark Doerr
Hostage Negotiator................... Jonathan Strait

STORY BY: Executive Producer Peter M. Lenkov

TELEPLAY BY: Executive Producer Peter M. Lenkov and Bill Haynes

DIRECTED BY: Steven DePaul

GENRE: CRIME DRAMA, ACTION, ADVENTURE, SUSPENSE, MYSTERY
RATING: To Be Announced

CSINY debuts Ozzy Osbourne new song on 4/14 over prison riot scene "Well, now that’s something I know about," says Ozzy tinyurl.com/yahcf88

http://twitter.com/CBSTweet
should this be something i'm happy about? i dunno, but for some reason i am!! :D a prison riot and Ozzy Osbourne?! looking forward the combo already!! :D

From The Big Tease:

I think it’s interesting that ‘CSI: NY’ brought Shane Casey back. Any ideas on how he might get revenge on the team that jailed him? – Cate
I recently gabbed with ‘CSI: NY’ star Melina Kanakaredes about the April 7 episode that offers Stella quite the showcase, but I also picked her brain about Shane Casey. She said the circumstances surrounding the serial slayer’s unexpected encore are, well, “interesting.” She added, “I don’t want to give away too much, but they tie it into a story point that’s been on the show all season long. It melds in really perfectly.”

A story point that's been there all season long? What on Earth could that be? I really have no clue. :lol: Danny's badge thing hasn't been there all season... just part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back