CSI Picked up by CBS for two more seasons

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by rumorrat, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rumorrat

rumorrat Civilian

According to Rumor Rat, CSI has been renewed by CBS through the 2011-12 season.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2010
  2. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Is this accurate? I've never heard of any such actions taking place by LF. As much as I would like two more season, this sounds extremely fishy to me (heh, I punned).

3. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I agree Preator on LF, I've heard nothing but big kudos on his behavior from the onset, and all the cast members including George, Jorja, Marg, & Liz raving about how wonderful he was from the beginning. He's a seasoned veteran of big hit movies and is so used to having his pic. taken. This is not accurate, and he's got photos from the beginning with the whole cast.. behind the scenes, and in front of the camera.. so 'fishy' it is..:klingon:

BEHIND THE SCENES

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Since this only has to do with the original CSI (Vegas team), shouldn't it be in that forum?

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Alright, I'm not saying I agree with what this 'rumor' says or not. However, just because his fellow cast members give him kudos doesn't mean they are, exactly, telling the truth. Also, he could be great with the cast members, but not the crew. If there is turmoil on the set, I'm sure that ALL have been told NOT to talk about it.

For instance, Catherine could rave and rave about George Eads, but dislikes him in real life. Jorja could rave and rave about Billy, but in reality they never got along. Know what I mean. What is said and what is REAL can be two completely different things.

Oh and don't forget, these people ARE actors, so...:shifty:

Again, I'm not saying I believe it or not, but what you hear and read you have to take with a grain of salt.

6. Desertwind

But speedy that isn't the case, if you've researched these stars you'd know that~ they do all hang out in real life, and Billy plays golf with George, and you don't hang with someone you don't like, He's been seen at Dodger games with Gary Dourdan. Many of them have gone to see Jorja in her play and they've gone to see Billy in Chicago in his plays. And I've researched LF to a tee and never ever heard one bad comment from anyone about him. They don't have to say anything, and just talk about their selves some actually do. Him and Keanu Reeves became buddies after they filmed "The Matrix" together and he and Angela Bassett likewise. I think the camraderie between them is what fuses them and what the fans see. They really do like each other. I've got mega photos of LF off the set always smiling and having fun with them.. [can't post them here] and and does he seem like somone who'd throw a tizzzy fit & act like a prima donna, and I think he plays to the camera, he's been doing this since he was 13, and he always knows when the camera is on him, he likes it, it's part of his whole persona, so to say "don't take my pic": is absurd ( he's a grown mature man, and is happy to be on CSI, and and the old timers are glad as well.:thumbsup:

7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, don't remember George seeing Jorja or Billy's play.

I never said it wasn't the case, I said that just because they something doesn't make it true. Just because George has played with golf with Billy doesn't mean he likes everyone else. I know he does,

What I'm trying to say IS, if there was any angst on the set the actors would not talk about it, because they would not be allowed too.

Also, remember the article said 'rank and file' employees, that wouldn't include the actors. That would be the behind the scenes crew.

Besides George has said recently he doesn't really hang out with the cast anymore and I'm sure they don't hang out that much off set. They do have lives that keep them pretty busy. Lives change. I don't hang with my friends as much, too busy to do so.

As for the pics, if you really had them you would post them.

ETA: Oh and one more thing, I think this is just spam to advertise their website. I wouldn't take anything said seriously.

8. Desertwind

speedy I have posted pictures of them, on the Billy/Grissom thread, the Jorja/Sara thread the LF thread, this is not a pic. thread. I did post one, so that's probably it for this particular thread..and I've posted what George said, Sara said and Eric & Liz Vassey about LF on those threads..also videos from YouTube stating how in awe they are of him~

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I don't deny that everyone has said great things about LF, what I'm saying is just because they 'say it' doesn't mean they 'feel that way'.

I'm just trying to get you to look at the reality of things. I'm not saying they don't like LF, I'm sure that's the furthest from the truth.

Believe me if there was any turmoil on the set (which I believe there has been, you can't work with same people year after year and there not be any), tptb are going to do everything in their power to make sure it stays on the set and NOT in the public eye. Hence the reason you have to take anything said with a grain of salt.

10. Desertwind

WOW, your a tough cookie to crack,:eek: and so suspicious:shifty: I don't take this with a grain of salt, because once again the stars who have spoken about him don't have to gush and go on and on, I just want you to go see the YouTube video with Jorja raving about him. She's an actress but this goes way beyond that. Also you can read Eric's and Liz's take on him [LF thread] then decide for youself.. deal?

11. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

And that is why I love Speedy so much! :lol: No one else offers such a challenge for debate as she. Love ya, Speedy!

I see what both of you are saying, and I guess I agree with both.

From what I can gather, most of the cast like each other and generally hang out. I know Eric has had little events and parties at his place in which Marg, Jorja, Robert, Archie, Liz and I think Billy have taken part in - as well as some of the backstage crew. I do remember George saying once that he doesn't spend too much time with his costars. I think it had something to do with keeping a professional distance or something. I think Paul does the same thing. So yeah, they all don't hang out together and it is entirely possible that some don't like others.

However, I still don't believe that Laurence would have acted that way, even to the rank and file. If anything, the man is a professional and I find it hard to believe that he would have a diva moment. I'm basing this on absolutely nothing. It's just how I feel. ... however, I would be intrigued if proven wrong.

12. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Yes, I am and don't you forget it! :lol:

Work with me here, DW. :lol: I've read and have seen what they have said, I'm just saying just because they said it, doesn't mean they believe it. I can't stand my boss and I can say nice things about her (which I don't mean), however I don't like her.

:D

Now, I don't believe what the said about LF either, however, it wouldn't surprise me. Some actors/actresses come off as the sweetest things in the world and behind the scenes (away from the public eye) they aren't! So there ya go!

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I saw that interview, but I also saw another one he gave where he said something about how the cast members have dinner together often. So color me confused. :confused: :lol: Was it just in earlier seasons that they spent time together and since all the leavings (Gary, Jorja, Billy), they no longer do so or what? I'm really confused. :lol:

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I suspect the crew has been so used to the ways of the original team, who essentially all grew up together and may be friendlier, that it has been an adjustment getting use to an actor with a different style. That doesn't necessarily mean LF is a diva, IMO. I'm sure the cast and crew appreciate and respect him as a professional.
    I think it's a matter of separating the actors' personal lives from their professional ones. I do think they are a 'professional' family and love each other in that sense. We know that Jorja and Eric are RL friends and hang out together at times; and that Jorja and Marg and Billy are also friends that support each other personally and professionally. But they also are regular people with regular lives separate from CSI. That's the beauty of this cast in my mind; they all do something worthwhile individually in RL, but when they come together on screen, it's almost magical; cast chemistry personified.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The rumor about CSI being picked up for two more seasons is relevant to that show's forum, so if someone wants to bring up the possibility in the relevant thread, that's fine. However, the site the rumor is from has some content that is inappropriate for us to link to because of our PG-13 rules, so direct links to the site will be removed.

Also, let's try to avoid rumors that are more personal about the actors.

*closes thread* :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.