Adam/Stella: It only takes one night to lead you to love

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by PerfectAnomaly, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I know that we have got a lack of Adella this season (Scenes/screentime). But I think it would be stupid to give up now. I mean, for a long time I feared nothing would happen at all. I feared it would come to nothing. But we still got fantastic Adella-scenes sometimes. I was so happy and over-excited when we got the chance to see them together in Epilogue and Manhattanhenge. And as I said earlier, I felt the same about 'Uncertainty Rules'. Just because we finally saw them together again, after a long time.

I maybe should stop being optimistic. But I just can't do that. I can't give up so easily. And as I have followed them for a very long time, I know that something can happen later. I mean, did you really expect that they would spend one night together? Adam and Stella took the long way. I almost gave up once, as I thought it wouldn't happen anything. I thought Adam would lose his interest in Stella, and stop having a crush on her. As she didn't seem to wanna take a chance. At various times Stella had a boyfriend or dated someone. Even during these times, I still believed in Adella. I could still see the chemistry between them. A spark, and that something was there between them.

I won't do that mistake again. It is a long and complicated road. They seem to have feelings for each other, but don't seem to take the chance again. We have seen it before, and it did lead to one night together. I was not expecting that. I know that something else that is very unexpected could happen again. We already know that Adam and Stella never do anything quick and easy. At least, not when it's about them. So I might be too optimistic, hopefull and cheerful. But I won't let anything make me lose all my hope.

Even if Adam and Stella took the long way, we still saw how they spent one night together. Alright, I know that it's no relationahip. It was just one night together. But so what? You should know what it's like by now. I just can't believe they spent so much time together; where they were flirting, having fun and liked each other, just to throw it all away. Stella maybe said that she didn't want anything more. And Pam Veasey said that they have dropped the Adella story for good now. They have other plans for Stella. But I don't believe it. The writers/producers have changed their plans and storylines very often lately.

And finally, whenever I watch re-runs and watch the old good Adella-scenes, I get a reminder of how much I love to see them together. Then I also know that I will never stop loving them. I still love the thought of them together. I maybe love them too much. But I don't care. They are so adorable together, and would become a fantasic couple. Even if they wouldn't become a couple, I still believe we may get amazing Adella-scenes. Once again.

So why do you give up so easily? Yes, I know that I am too optimistic here. And I know that we barely have seen Adella together this season. So what? Does it really matter so much? I mean, why do you need screentime all the time? you can still ship them! Personally, I don't need to see them together all the time. As long as I get some good Adella-scenes once in a while, I am happy and satisfied. I thought shipping was all about the chemistry you can see betwen the people in the ship. Even if no one else sees it. In this case, Adam and Stella. They had something special from the start. It was chemistry, a spark and something else. But I can't put my finger on exactly what it is. I still can see it between them. So even if we don't see Adella together that much no more, I won't give up. I am not ready to do that. Not yet.

I can understand you though. I know what it feels like not getting any Adella-scenes. I also hate the lack of Adella screentime. It's so frustrating. Especially as I have loved them from the start, and have been hoping for so long. Sometimes, I get the small signs that I've been hoping for. The ones that tells me that there is still something going on between them. Even if they don't express it in words. But then something happens, something that could make anyone wanna give up. As you could interpret/see like it's the death blow for everything related to Adella. So believe me, I know that it's easy to go insane, become frustrated and wanna give up and lose all hope for them.

But I don't need big things happening all the time. I am actually looking forward to the small things, and we see them sometimes. Many Adella-scenes has showed how how important small things could mean a lot. The same applies for screentime and the lack of development in their story at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  2. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Vidilis, I agree with you completly. :) I know what Pam said and then we got that great Adella at the end of Mattenhenge. :drool: I am hoping that we will see something when we get the new Stella episode. :lol: I agree also that we don't need them shoved down our throat, but that occassional look or touch would be great.:luvlove: I ma not giving up hope yet, I am just frustrated with the show this season. :p

3. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Thanks. Because it seemed like you were gonna stop watching CSI New York, and watch Criminal Minds and SUV instead. While Andromeda is full of disbelief and might lose interest in Adella soon. So I thought you both were giving up.

I know that it's frustrating. And to be honest, I think season 6 is the worst season so far. Mainly because of the lack of Adella, but there are other reasons too. I am still hoping though.

At the same time, I don't want to lose more Adella-fans. On most forums/sites that I've visited, people hate Adella. Most of them who hate Adella are Smacked-fans. I understand them though, as if Stella is with Adam, then Mac will never get her. But I still prefer Adam and Stella, and would dislike if Stella and Mac become a couple instead. The rest who hate Adella, are the ones who believe this was a way for TPTB to get more viewers. Or to quote them: "A shameful way to attract more viewers". Or, I almost forgot the little bunch of people who think Adam and Stella are just close friends. Not lovers, as they don't see the romantic chemistry, the special spark or bond between them.

So I am glad I found some Adella-fans on this forum. I have never seen any other Adella-fans anywhere else. So it would be a bit sad if I would be the only one left.

By the way, I really know what Pam said too. But they keep changing the storylines very often, so they might bring Adella back. Who knows? TPTB can't make up their minds. :)

4. harmier

harmier Victim

But what's really interesting about the shoulder touch in Uncertainty Rules isn't that it happens, but the way in which it happens.

I didn't notice the hand touch when I first watched the episode, but I was probably distracted at that precise moment. When I rewatched the episode after reading the comments here, I realized that she doesn't actually touch Adam's arm until she focuses Danny's attention to the photos of the crime scene when she asks Danny about the door.

This suggests to me that the reason Stella and Adam don't seem as flirty is that they reaffirmed or rekindled their relationship (probably in Manhattanhenge) and have been trying to hide their relationship from their co-workers and are over compensating a bit.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that the touch happened in a scene that had Melina, AJ and Carmine in the same scene. Especially since Carmine went out of his way to mention Adam in the Stella/Danny scene in Sanguine Love even though that was one of the episodes AJ's was absent from. It would be kind of funny to find out that Melina, AJ and Carmine are Adella shippers and are doing everything they can to force the issue.

But that probably isn't the real reason, no matter how awesome that would be. Zachary Reiter wrote Enough and Green Piece. Those two episodes are prime Adella episodes. And Jeff T. Thomas directed this episode and he directed Battle Scars.

And looking back, there has been quite a bit of Adella this year if you just disregard the recent episodes that AJ just couldn't be in. Of course, you have to make an exception for Sanguine Love for the obvious reasons. If you do that, you are left with fourteen episodes. And even if you don't view Cuckoo's Nest as an Adella episode, you are left with at least seven episode with Adella hints.

This makes we feel a lot better about the possibility of Adella in the next episode. I just wish we didn't have to wait!

5. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

Hmm, I had to re-watch Uncertainty Rules because I didn't remember Stella touching Adam's shoulder. And to be honest, she didn't do it either. She put her hand on the chair, behind Adam's back. At the first sight, it looked like she actually touched his shoulder instead. But shortly after that, you could clearly see that it was the chair and not Adam's shoulder.

But yeah, I think they are trying to hide it. I still remember when Adam bumped into the room and said that he wanted to be called AdamRoss.Edu. It was in Cuckoo's nest, I think. The way Stella smiled when she turned away (looked into another direction) shows that she likes his sense of humour, but is afraid to show it in front of the others.

But I agree, we have seen a bit of Adella this season. But it hasn't been as good as season 3-5. I really miss those moments, as they have been better in so many ways than these scenes in season 6. It was more obvious that they flirted and how they felt for each other. This season have been like a Roller coaster, you don't know what you'll get when it comes to Adella.

6. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

If you look again at the scene in uncertainity rules when stella ask Danny to look at the photo's if you look she is touching Adam on the arm. It is sutible but it is there. This is after she has her hand on the chair.

7. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I´m sorry, but knowing TPTB´s twists and drops with ideas, I just have to be pessimistic, though I´d like to be more positive. We´ll have to wait what S7 will hold for us and Adella, or what not, because I don´t think there´s anything to expect from the rest of S6. It will be centered all around Mac and his love interest(s), so not only Sheldon doesn´t get his promised new love, but they dropped any Adella-plans they might ever have had. And again, I find it very disappointing that they start with something, but then they let the story fade away and we never find out why. I´ve decided not to believe TPTB any word anymore they will say concerning future stories and episodes, because this season was very extreme with unfinished stories or stories that never even happened.
    If I should be proved wrong soon, the better that is, but until then, I rather do not expect too much.

Hm, will have to re-watch "Uncertainty Rules", because to me it really seems that Stella just touched the chair but not Adam´s shoulder.

8. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I might be stupid, I might be blind as well. But I have re-watched that scene about 10 times now. I still don't see that touch that you are talking about. I still wish Stella touched his arm/shoulder. But I can't see it.

9. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Your not stupid or blind. I took me a couple of times to notice it too. :alienblush: I was busy looking at the photos on the board. It may not be a big touch but, if you look it is almost like she is leaning on him sort of. :confused: But I can see a conection there. I am holding out and waiting for the next new episode to see if he goes to see her at the hospital. :) I just can't believe that the writers and producers are so blind that they can't see the chem between them. :adore: I think that is why I like watching Criminal Minds so much. The members of that team are like family, and there is no romance at all. They just solve crime. If we can't have Adella I wish they would just leave the romance stuff out all together.:brickwall:

10. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

What I hate the most is not producers being 'blind' and not able to use the chemistry between Stella and Adam. As a matter of fact, it's that they change everything so fast. I mean, it took a long time for them to flirt and really like each other. They created a potential romance during a long time (well, a couple of seasons). Then just drop everything with Adella during season 6. Well, almost everything. It used to be obvious that both liked each other. Now, they try to act like it's nothing there. No feelings at all. Sometimes, it's enough to fool me. I just wish the writers/producers can make some sense, for once. Why create a potential love story/romance and drop it quickly for no good reason?

I also dislike that everyone else get some love. Not only in season 6. I mean, Mac has been dating others. And is currently dating Aubrey. Stella has had Frankie, and that fireworker + dated Drew in a short while before she wanted him to leave her alone. Flack got Angell. We have Danny and Lindsay. Sheldon will apparently get some love next season (season 7). Adam was promised to get some love. At the moment, I am glad if he gets more screentime first. Either way, if he should get some love interest, who would be better than Stella? They have got chemistry, and they have liked each other for so long.

Sadly, I gotta wait 2 more weeks to see the new episode. But it looks promising, and I really hope Adam will visit her. It would be wonderful and so sweet if that happens. :)

11. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Well fourtunaly it the U.S. we have a temp reprieve. The last week and for the next few weeks one of the cabel channels is rerunning season 5. :lol: I think that was the best season for Adam and for Adella. :thumbsup: So I can record them and watch until the new episodes start again. :drool: The thing I don't get is that they are showing reruns for the olympics and I think the reason they are doing it now is because of March Madness. ( In case you are not familiar with that, it is the collage basketball playoffs and championships):scream: I could see years ago networks would show reruns around the holidays, or olympics because alot of viewers would tune in to watch those events. :cool: In this day of tivo and dvr people can watch one channel and record another. I do not see the need to rerun or pospone shows anymore.:eek:

12. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

I also think that Season 5 is the best Adella-season. Even if we got some awesome Adella-episodes in season 3 and 4 too. But nothing can ever replace season 5. I suppose the end in "The Party's over" is my favourite scene/Adella-moment in season 5. That one or the end in "My name is Mac Taylor". Or when Stella talked to Adam after the bomb in Green Piece. I can't choose favourite episode or scene. But Season 5 was the best season for Adella anyway.

So enjoy the reruns. Which episodes do they show this time, during this re-run by the way? Just curious if you get the chance to watch some good Adella-moments :)

No, never heard of March Madness before. Right now, I wanna sigh and say: You crazy americans". But I know it's not easy living in Sweden either. So I won't say anything about your reruns, and all breaks.. First, we have to wait months before they finally show the first episode from a new season (the premiere). But when we watch it, you are already in the middle of the same season, sometimes almost in the end of the season. And all american tv-shows are not being aired here at all. Right now, CSI New York has taken a break. But I noticed that they finally will show the latest CSI Crossover next week (monday - wednesday). Even if I already have seen it. Well, not the third episode. But the first 2 (the one with CSI Miami and the one with CSI New York).. I hate that we have to wait so long time to finally watch "new" episodes.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2010
  13. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

They are currently showing the 3 episode compass killer story. Next week we have Mattenhenge with the great Adella scene at the end. :adore: Alot of good Adam stuff too. :drool: How do you watch the current episodes? :confused: Iam hoping that after the end scene in Mattenhenge it wil segway to some good adella in the new epi. :thumbsup::hugegrin::beer:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  14. Vildis

Vildis Lab Technician

While talking re-runs and season 5, I watched 'Communication breakdown' last night. It managed to make me laugh. As Adam and Danny were working on the case together in the lab. Then Hawkes, Mac and Stella come into the room. Stella doesn't understand what Adam meant with "Packet Sniffing", and Adam's reaction was way too adorable. He just started to smile. That + the end. When Adam, Flack, Danny and Hawkes discuss baby boy names. Until Stella and Mac come in, and Stella suggests the name 'Mac'. Adam started to laugh.

I just thought that was sweet, as they obviously make each other feel good and even smile/laugh. Especially as Adam always has been nervous when Mac is in the same room. So when he started to laugh, he also started to feel more relaxed. Until he had to say he likes the name 'Mac'. So Stella obviously is good for Adam ;) If you want to see it, I am talking about This Scene, and it starts after 2 minutes and 25 seconds.

There were more Adella-moments in this episode. I just mentioned the 2 scenes that I liked the most.

By the way, I download CSI New York episodes. That's the only way I can watch it now.

15. sjhubby

sjhubby Prime Suspect

Well only ten more days until we have a new episode.:lol: This week we are going to see a rerun of Mattenhenge. :drool: That has the great Adella scene at the end, so I am hoping that it will lead to a continuation of Adella in the new episode.:adore: I haven't seen any clips yet but the spoilers say everyone is in this one.:cool: I know, we don't have much to say on the subject of them due to lack of new material but, I am trying to keep this thread alive. The boards have been pretty quiet lately. :( I don't want to see the thread get down to low in the order. When we do get back to the new episode and there is hopefully some new Adella I want folks to be able to find us.:) So to keep with the rules let me just say Adella rocks. Adella rules. Adella forever or at least some Adella again:drool::beer::hugegrin:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2010