Season 10 *Spoiler Lab* Discussion P2

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ah! Sorry.

As for who might crack the case, I'm going to go with Haskell. We got that little reference in "Neverland" and I am pretty sure the writers wouldn't want to not follow up on that. Seeing as how William Petersen is quite the busy man these days with the plays that he's doing, I suspect we won't be seeing him this season.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, that's fine. :)

Okay, at first I thought that said "DJ". :lol: Nooo...she wouldn't hurt a fly! :)

And if you want to get technical, Grissom isn't a CSI anymore. ;) WP quite possibly could have filmed a scene already, but yes, I agree with Speedy that they would be fools not to promote it.

3. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Here's a link to the recent Forbes Magazine rankings of network TV shows by how much money they bring in for the nets:

10. CSI: Crime Scene Investigation

Over 4 million dollars revenue per telecast will probably keep the CBS PTB smiling on the program. :beer:
    LaSquisita

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Thank's LaSquisita fantastic, I love stuff like this. Yipee, good news for all:bolian:

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I have to agree with you vegaslights..although it would be quite the ending of season 10 if WP suddenly appeared..:)

6. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

CSI can go another 10 years or so. If it can survive the change from Grissom to Langston, it can probably survive anything. The majority of people probably just watch for the mystery aspect.

7. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

While I agree that the show could go on for a little while more, I'm not sure about ten years. And even though it did survive the transition from Grissom to Langston, it was still a rocky situation. I'm not sure if the show would be a s lucky a second time if another major cast member (i.e. Marg, George or Eric) were to leave. The mysteries are great, but it's the people that viewers really get invested with.

8. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

I couldn't agree more, Corvinus. Misteries are so, so good - but it's the people that got me to watch it in the first place, and I know that I won't be able to take another change. The show would just lose too much for me to continue. I miss Grissom, and I miss Warrick. And I know that I would miss not only one of the main characters, but every single lab rat or docs.

It's like when Griss said - without the people there's no lab. So, at least for me, without one of the remaining characters/actors - there will be no show worth watching. Good cases/stories or not.

And whith this said I don't have intention of offending anyone - it's just how I feel - please don't get me wrong.

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I know you all don't want anyone else to leave, but I'm pretty sure that Marg Helgenberger is going to leave the show. She was going to leave at the end of last season, but the writer's strike made her want to stay a little longer.

LF, MH, and GE's contracts all expire this season. I know George is in it to the end because he has said so. However, I haven't heard anything about Fishburne or Marg renewing their contracts and contract talks probably would have started in January.

10. lil_janie

lil_janie Hit and Run

Ugh, that's not something I like to hear. LF I don't care about, he's recent addition and he never integrated well - for me - in the team. But Marg, that's something completely different.
    Let's just hope that there won't be any surprises after all. That's all I can do, but I really, really don't know what I'll do if she goes. Who would replace her? And if Ray and Cath go both, they'll be two CSIs down. Okay, so Wendy will probably go into the field, but there's still one open place, even if Sara stays.
    I'm not sure anymore if I won't to see the season finale.

11. electra

electra Pathologist

CSI survived without Grissom but it has never been the same.I love the mysteries and all but I am not sure if I will watch if Marg decides to leave.

Haskel is a good posibility to crack the case.But I want it to be one of the lab rats like Wendy.Then she would for sure become a CSI.:)

12. PraetorCorvinus

PraetorCorvinus Moderator Moderator

Yeah, I've heard the rumors about Marg and I've gotten to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if she left. All I'm asking is if the show will continue without her? I see two possible scenarios should she leave:

1: The show attempts to continue with a new female lead (because you know they'll get one) and hopes that they don't lose to many viewers.

2: TPTB decide that without Marg, and possibly Laurence, the show can't continue and cancels it.

The problem I see with option 1 is an even more defined "jumping-the-shark" moment and the show would be on a downward slide.

I'm not too concerned with LF because I see George as being more of a lead than him. If Laurence does leave the show, I think Eads would be more than capable of holding the top billing spot. I'm just not sure about the loss of Marg.

The other person I'm concerned about is Eric. As was discussed over on his thread, ES is a pretty busy guy. He has his music company and has been developing TV and film screenplays as well as being involved in theater work. If anyone were to leave the show and not have to worry about the next job, it's him. How many fans would stop watching the show if he left?

This is all hearsay of course...

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I think Eric has said he would stick with the show until the end though, just like George. But if he were to leave early I think that would be the end of the show for me. He's still one of the only reasons I do watch and when he is not in an episode that much I tend to get bored with the episode.

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Same here. Though I love George too... but I don't know if I could continue to watch without Eric.

15. Athersgeo

Athersgeo Rookie

Question: If Marg goes, would TPTB consider Jorja as the new female lead or is she really only back for this season and leaving again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.