CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Anna's enthusiasm didn't seem so different in this interview than it's ever been in any of her others, though; for me, it's one of the things that make me search out her video interviews, because she's always upbeat and moving around/laughing/going off on tangents in them, including the ones that center solely on Lindsay's character, and it makes her interesting to watch. Whereas I gotta say Carmine makes me uncomfortable to watch in all the video-interviews I've seen him in, because it so rarely looks like he wants to be there.

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

It's why I love her interviews as well. To me it always seems like she loves to talk about her job (and loves to do her job as well) and it is always awesome to listen to her opinion about storylines, characters and stuff. I really wish we got more of those interviews.

3. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

^ I like it because Eric Szmanda does the whole bubbly-energy thing in interviews too :lol: (along with, as I've recently discovered, Melina and AJ Buckley) and there's just something about that kind of energy which draws me to them, makes me want to see more.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I have the TV.com chat with Carmine open in another tab, and I've been glancing at it. He just said this:

"Yes Danny and Lindsey are doing great. The Baby is great. But...I can tell you all..there will be a cliffhanger involving us in the FINALE this year!"

(He typed finally instead of finale, but that's obviously what he meant.)

Is anybody else having horrible thoughts of baby kidnappings? :shifty:

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Or Lindsay kidnapping. Either one will be just . . . blech. :(

6. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

NO NO, please not that!
    NO more kidnapping, CSI in distress, Mac has to rescue them.. .please!

Perhaps the baby gets sick??? Like really sick and it takes it's toll on Danny and Lindsay's marriage. That would be more reasonable don't you think than a baby kidnapping.. way to predictable. *YAWN*

7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Agreed--nothing new or insightful there except, uh, I guess Lindsay doesn't like guys who wear cologne? :lol: And that comment came from Carmine, not Anna. Some people say insightful things in interviews; others just don't.

We keep hearing about this juggling, but aside from the fact that she had to wear a t-shirt to work because the baby threw up on her, we haven't really seen it. I just think this whole plotline has hampered both Danny and Lindsay as characters. There wasn't much to Lindsay to begin with, but there was more than there is now. She's just set dressing now.

Please no. Let Shane go after Danny for whatever reason, but please leave Lindsay and Lucy out of it. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't mind seeing Danny abducted by Shane, and have to find a way out of it himself. Like a mind game kind of thing. I suppose that would involve Lindsay since they're married. Although again... there had better be a good reason for Shane to be after Danny, considering Danny was the one person who showed him a little kindness.

8. CSI Lover

CSI Lover Victim

This looks like a great episode - I can't wait!!

CSI: NY - A Night To Remember!
    One birthday night to remember turns into a nightmare everyone wants to forget! Don't miss a moment of this birthday gone bad - March 3rd at 10pm! Only CBS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKX9p7L3HVw

9. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

Having Danny abducted by Shane would be good to watch. But Lindsay has never been in danger except for the undercover work she has done and that might be interesting too. I really hope they don't go the baby kidnapping route though. That's the last thing I want to see.

As for seeing her struggle with everything new in her life, we haven't seen much of anything yet that they promised. Stella's newfound life in the moment and Sheldon's new love interest for a couple of things. It's been sort of a frustrating season so far.

10. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I didn't mean to suggest that AB's enthusiasm was different from normal -- just that the contrast with CG's demeanor was obvious and a bit odd. I know the actors are not the characters they play, but I'm used to thinking of Danny as more emotional/expressive and Lindsay as the restrained one.

Honestly, I think the way the relationship has been handled has hurt both characters....Lindsay, because it eventually became the primary focus at the cost of developing connections and relationships with others, and Danny, because it seemed to take the place of interesting storylines like the Tanglewood connections and the question of his advancement as a CSI. Also, the "acceleration" of the storyline basically prevented the writers form showing the twists and turns in the relationship onscreen and how the characters were changing as a result. I see your point -- now that D/L are married, the challenge will be to see if the writers can still give the characters some individual development that's tied to something other than their marriage and parenthood.

It does seem like they've changed their minds on certain storylines this season. And at least some of the changes may be related to Haylen not being part of the mix as expected. I do give the producers some credit for being flexible and willing to adapt as the season goes on though, as opposed to sticking with something that may not be working until it's too late.

As for the season finale, I'm guessing kidnapping and/or hostage situation involving Lindsay and Lucy (sigh)....

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, I don't think Lindsay & Sid will be in the episode tonight.

Also, we haven't really seen "juggling" work and a baby - she's just not in the episode at all, there is no explanation.

I'm hoping the season finale will be something with Danny/Shane - I don't want the baby to be involved.

12. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Does anyone have his whole chat, and could post it?? i missed it and cant seem to find the whole chat on TV.com, thanks!!!

13. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I do think they haven't delivered as much on this season considering the way it was hyped (things like Stella's spontaneity and it being Hawkes's and Adam's season) -- and while I figure Haylen leaving probably threw a wrench into some of those plans, it's still a bit disappointing because I can't see how Haylen was supposed to have fit into either Hawkes' or Stella's stories.

There's still a chance for it being Hawkes' season, but with the new spoilers about the finale I'm less sure of that. Also, if it's the baby being kidnapped :rolleyes:...

Oh no, I meant that AB's interview-demeanour (and CG's, for that matter) seemed to be the same as in every other interview I've seen her/him in, and for me inspired the same reaction...well, mostly. It is weird, though, I was thinking about that same thing last night -- about the actors actually swapping personalities (or at least interview-personas) when it comes to their characters -- because I've only seen them in interview together this one time. And it was jarring.

Watching it now, and yeah that's true. I think they're doing that thing again where they expect us to assume something without actually giving us concrete proof of it.
    I do think they haven't delivered as much on this season considering the way it was hyped (things like Stella's spontaneity and it being Hawkes's and Adam's season) -- and while I figure Haylen leaving probably threw a wrench into some of those plans, it's still a bit disappointing because I can't see how Haylen was supposed to have fit into either Hawkes' or Stella's stories.

There's still a chance for it being Hawkes' season, but with the new spoilers about the finale I'm less sure of that. Also, if it's the baby being kidnapped :rolleyes:...

Oh no, I meant that AB's interview-demeanour (and CG's, for that matter) seemed to be the same as in every other interview I've seen her/him in, and for me inspired the same reaction...well, mostly. It is weird, though, I was thinking about that same thing last night -- about the actors actually swapping personalities (or at least interview-personas) when it comes to their characters -- because I've only seen them in interview together this one time. And it was jarring.

Watching it now, and yeah that's true. I think they're doing that thing again where they expect us to assume something without actually giving us concrete proof of it. :lol:

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I posted it here - it's just the questions and answers, edited ever-so-slightly for clarity. :)

15. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i'm not so sure - just because he got the "big" cliffhangery thing at the end of last season and we've seen them go through all that and to see them go through another job-related crisis would be (a) too much and (b) repetitive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.