**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

When is Valera gonna be on again?

This ep has Dave and Travers? Woo-hoo! :D

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I'm actually wondering if we will see Valera again, Nat does some much of the DNA work.
    It will be nice to see Dave and Travers agin.

3. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Let's hope not; I have a sick feeling if it was, it could be a rehash of Ryan's gambling problems:(

4. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

What's the best source for spoilers?

5. GregNickRyanFan

We're not allowed to mention spoiler sources.

6. CSI_Natalia

CSI_Natalia Prime Suspect

oh, thanks GregNickRyanFan , I didn't realize that... is there more info out there then on here that I should be trying to find?... or am I teetering on a thin line right now by even asking?

7. GregNickRyanFan

I doubt there's much more out there than is on here. Its just that right now things seem to be unusually quiet on the spoiler front... which makes me think tptb are keeping things very tight lipped ... which could mean something big is planned for future eps. And if that's the case, I don't know whether to be really excited or really worried. :lol:

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think things are unusually quiet too and I'm already worried.

9. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Agree, it has been incredibly quiet this season. I am beginning to think there is another shakeup coming. Is this fan site monitored very much by TBTB? If so, it appears by the obvious lack of posts that Jesse and Walter aren't exactly making alot of fans. What is not clear to me is whether Eric is missed enough to bring him back full time. All the other cast members are safe IMHO.

10. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

Well, I certainly hope TPTB aren't getting rid of Jesse and Walter anytime soon just to put Eric back on full-time. It's not wrong for Miami to inject some new blood into the show and I find Walter and Jesse refreshing and bringing this show into a new light instead of just being business as usual.

Besides, Jesse and Walter have an incredibly amazing rapport with Ryan which is needed in my opinion. It's nice to see Ryan not being treated as an outsider but part of a group.

And Miami this season has finally gotten back into the team stories and the team connections which was long awaited, at least by this fan. There is also more balance this season than the seasons before it.

I hope TPTB aren't stupid to take off Jesse and Walter, because without those two bringing something new, this show is just gonna be boring business as usual. There is only so much you can do with the same team year after year before it gets old. Jesse and Walter brings in that new dynamic to the team.

11. slower

slower Lab Technician

Besides, Jesse and Walter have an incredibly amazing rapport with Ryan which is needed in my opinion. It's nice to see Ryan not being treated as an outsider but part of a group.

And Miami this season has finally gotten back into the team stories and the team connections which was long awaited, at least by this fan. There is also more balance this season than the seasons before it.
    Sorry guys still trying to figure out the quotes. Like my name implies - slow. lol Suggestions anyone?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  12. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with you about Jesse and Walter, but not about bringing Eric back - full-time or anytime. IMO Eric's story potentional is exhausted. It serves no purpose to have him continue with the show. The ratings haven't show any indication that Eric appearing gives the show any boost and his storylines over the past three and a half years have been pretty boring.

Exactly. That is one of the first things I noticed and I love it. Ryan has so needed to be included and with Jesse and Walter he is. Big time! I love Jesse and Walter for that alone.

I have been really happy so far this season with the increase in team interaction. Like you, BauerAlmeida, I've been waiting for a long, long time to see the "team" come back to life. Jesse and Walter have played a major part in repairing the "team." I don't want to see them go and the same old team rift to come back. It's been so much fun watching them come back together after three and a half very frustrating years of watching them all fragment.

I hope they aren't that stupid either. I'm going to hope like hell that TPTB are too smart to fall for the online and media hype that is extemely misleading. I really hope they realize that the few do not speak for the many.

13. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

I know the CBS site is very vocal about these characters, but what about this site? The threads for Walter and Jesse are going no where. If they are so loved, where are the fans?

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I guess I just don't place as much importance as some on the number posts or the number of hits on a thread devoted to a certain character.

Every legitimate poll ever taken for CSI Miami shows Horatio to be by far the most popular character. And yet on this board the Horatio/Caruso thread is virtually inactive. There are other places online where people share my respect for Caruso's work that I visit to talk about him.

A lot of fans love to talk about every single detail of their favorite characters actions or interactions with other characters on the show. You'll see the same names posting over and over again. Some fans simply have more time to be online than others.

Some fans limit their posting to instances when they feel strongly about something. I hold down a full-time job 10 - 12 hours a day at the office, plus a lot of work comes home with me, and I also have a family that requires a lot of my time. I don't have the time to be online posting a lot. I'm already here more than I should be. ;)

In some instances the number of hits on a thread is simply a lot of people rubberneckin'. They just want to see what the participants in any given thread are saying. Especially when it is a topic that is highly emotional or debate on the topic has been "lively." ;) Doesn't mean anything except people are curious.

Just because I don't post ad nauseum on Horatio, Natalia, Ryan, Jesse and Walter's threads doesn't mean I don't like the characters a lot, Those characters, along with Frank are my "DREAM TEAM." I think I've been pretty vocal in support, and a lot of times in defense, of Horatio/Caruso. I respect Caruso - a lot. It takes a lot of character to survive what he has and still have a career. It's one of the few things I agree with Ann Donahue about lately, the show lives or dies with Horatio/Caruso. :thumbsup:

I've also lived long enough to know that nothing I say will change the minds of those who have made up their minds about a character or actor. So you "pick your battles" when you have limited time.

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I have to agree with Delynn, & add that some actors do have fans outside of CSIMiami sites. I've googled Eddie Cibrian just to dig for interviews/spoilers & I've come across many devoted sites for him.
    Though at the time Eva came to Miami I wasn't a member here, but I've looked back & can tell she was one also who didn't have much of a following on these particular sites -- she has numerous fansites elsewhere though. Like Eddie/Jesse, she was often trashed & disliked in the beginning, but it didn't seem to push TPTB in getting rid of her....they in fact brought her in full time despite the online chatter.

I think it's important to remember that we here are only a very small percentage of the entire viewing audience who watches Miami every week -- some have yet to accept these new characters, but it doesn't mean the rest of the audience is feeling the same. There's also fanmail to take into consideration -- for all we know CBS, Eddie, and Omar could be getting bombarded with mail in support of them.

My overall opinion is that these actors & characters at least deserve the chance to grow on viewers. I'm not 100% onboard the Jesse wagon right now, but next season I very well could be. IMHO, it's unfair, disrespectful, & unprofessional to push out an actor/character who is willing to put effort into this role, all for the sake of returning someone who only wants to continue their role under certain circumstances.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.