CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

Hope your right or I will have to take up knitting!!!:lol:

2. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

3. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

I absolutely wouldn´t mind if Carmine wrote a "Danny"- episode, and if he didn´t, then probably because there will be at least one Danny-centric episode anyway, since this stolen-badge-thing-that-has-to-do-with-Shane-Casey is obviously a Danny-arc that will culminate in the season´s finale.
    So I think it´s unfair to compare this Carmine-story to Melina´s, especially even before the episode has aired at all, and accuse Melina of having selfishly written a Stella-centred episode. This was a completely different story and it was the finale of the Stella-arc, so naturally Melina wrote it with Stella in the centre of action.
    I´m sure Carmine would do the same with Danny if he was asked to write the finale of the arc.

4. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Thank a lot Messers fan! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I don't think it's selfish at all to "accuse" Melina of writing a Stella-centric episode. She did, and it was a morass of indefensible drivel that would have gotten a fanficcer called out as a blithering Suethor. It might've been fine if Stella's history had been left open-ended, or if Stella had remained Stella throughout, but the mystery of her parentage was wrapped up in a neat, heave-inducing package that required such fantastic leaps of credibility that a springbok would drop dead of exhaustion.

Her father was Papakota; her mother was his assistant. Mac just happens to be given a picture of her mother, because you know, Greek cops just have thirty-year-old pictures of car accident victims lying around. Stella discovers that the tomb of Alexander the Great is probably on her ancestral Greek lands. Her father dies in a gunfight, and cool-under-pressure Stella abandons all reason to sob while he dies the most cliched death ever. Ever the Mary Sue, she re-inters priceless artifacts in the orchard with the brave declaration that "these belong to Greece."

Gag. Me. It was a self-aggrandizing, masturbatory mess. The end.

If Carmine manages to turn out a solid CSI:NY episode and not a Danny Boner Hour, he's got my respect.

6. raymakay

raymakay Dead on Arrival

I was just going to call Melina's episode crap. This says it so much better!!!:lol:

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

first than all, Professor P. wasn't Stella's father. He said, before he died in her arms, he had loved her mother but he wasn't
    Knowing he was in love with her it would be natural to ask why (if he was Stella's father) he didn't marry her. Specially when they did have time to get marry before the accident.
    I doubt any Greek family would accept their daughter to be a single mother when she could have marry her child's father!

There must be another powerful reason for her mother to rise her baby alone in Greece, facing all gossips and the ancient traditions about how a woman must behave

The story about the coin is something real Melina heard when she was a little one (and she was showed a coin if my memory is right). She explained that in some interview

So we still have an open story because we DON'T who her father is. Besides we know she found out she is half Italian. But her father is an interesting mystery

Personally i will look for Carmine's episode with beneplacit but what i have received from Melina writing her episode is something nobody else gave me so far

I had a deeply insatisfaction because we had great Stella episodes but never we had a single reference to her family.

Melina gave MANY PEOPLE the type of episode we wanted and we expected. Because that hole in Stella's story was filled wonderfully

8. flying mouse

flying mouse Witness

I agree with La Guera. Melina wasted the wonderful multi-episodes case with a nonsense story and crap time line ONLY to show off how special Stella is and how powerful her love for Greece, her, and Stella's homeland, is. So it's not important whether Professor P. is Stella's real father or not, because he was just a tool for her big plan.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
  9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

If I recall, Professor P. didn't expressly deny paternity; he just gargled dramatically that he "loved her mother" and carked it before he could elaborate. Frankly, it's strongly implied in the episode that the Papakota lands are tied to Stella. Why else would she have the confidence to re-inter the stolen artifacts in the orchard if she didn't think she could challenge any attempt to disturb them? Either the burial was meant to establish a symbolic tie to Greece and the Papakotas, or it was a raft of self-indulgent pap included for no other purpose than letting Melina preen and conflate her real heritage with Stella's. Either way, it blew rancid goat farts and threw a spanner in the works of her already- folded, spindled, and mutilated backstory.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I thought Professor P. mentioned that Stella's mother was already pregnant when he met her? I don't know why Stella wouldn't have just taken some of his blood and put it on something after his death and had a DNA test done (not at the crime lab, but somewhere else lol). I did however, like the Mac/Stella scenes in the episode ( I love the way their friendship has been shown lately).

So, they're not airing new ones while the olympics are on? I thought the olypmics were gonna be on during the day? Are they gonna be on from morning until late at night or something?

Oh and the St. Paddy's ep should be fun. Here's something random I was wondering: If they have green beer, do they have green rootbeer for the kiddies? :lol: Flack speaking Irish... I wonder if that just means the accent (oh la la) or if he'll be speaking Gaelic (that would be neat).

Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
  11. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

well, if it is the phrase, "Éirinn go brách!" it'll still be cool, but it's hardly speaking Irish Gaelic. It means, "Ireland forever!", and all the kids in my Irish step dance school know it! :D:D it'll still be awesome though! *waves Irish flag* :D

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Two little spoilers from Fancast:

13. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

It's Fay who is going to be satisfied for Sheldon!

I'm satisfied that Stella has a case which gets affect her.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Poor Sheldon - they keep making promises, so I hope they eventually follow through. :lol:

15. wildcat

wildcat Witness

They should write an arc with Sheldon going after the new Mac's "love interest" and taking over ;) - it would make everybody happy :thumbsup: (Sheldon's fans because he'll get a promised romance, Smackies because Mac belongs to Stella and even those who believe that it should not be all about Mac :lol:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.