**Spoiler Lab** S8 - Check Out What's On The Horizon!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Nov 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi Forum

Yahoo says "Ugly Betty" is over and done with. Is Adam Rod. on his way back to Miami? (In your opinion) and could that work?

2. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Wow, some great guests on the LA epi, (8.16) Should be a good one :)

Ajbuckley- I was never a big Delko fan, but I do miss him now he is gone. I would like him to return, but if he did there would be far to many actors on the show, and there would have to be some big changes to sort out the screentime. But Adam seems to be doing fine without Miami, so we will just have to wait and see................

3. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

Hey ya'll,
    AjBuckley -for Ugly Betty, before Adam joined the cast their were whispers around the show that it would be canceled. As for Adam re-joining Miami full time IDK, personally it seems as if he is ready to move on, but is more than happy to "drop in from time to time" he has already said this in many interviews.

Solitare- I agree, weather you like Delko's character or not, their is def a void. Interestingly enough I believe this was also felt over at the original CSI:Vegas when Grissom left. The biggest difference/contrast between the two shows is how they introduced the audience to the new character who was going to be filling the shoes of the person leaving.

I forgot who was asking this or mentioned it "I find it interesting that Eric Delko (Adam Rodriguez) is still being listed as a "Series Regular" in the Press Releases for episodes 8.14 and 8.16. Since he's no-longer a full time cast-member of the show, I would've thought that he'd be listed as a member of the Recurring Cast or Guest Cast. (He no longer appears with the other main cast-members in the show's opening credits.)" <--- the credits are based on contract neigotiations and as a original cast member it seems as if CBS was willing to give Adam a little extra when they couldn't completely agree on his involvement with the series for S8. Which also shows you that he really did want to come to some kind of an agreement with CBS because unlike Kandi A. and R. Coctraine (sp, sorry speed ppl for the misspelling), Adam did not ask to leave.

I am very excited to see these next couple episodes to see where the writers are taking us and how Rob Zombie will bring his style into Miami. Reminds me a lot of when Quieten T. directed an episode of the original CSI:Vegas.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I didn't find it surprising,as I stated earlier ,Adam has been listed in every single press release I've seen this season.I don't know if it depended on the site or not,but he was always listed.
    I think there is an abundance of characters now,someone would need to go.I never did think a lot of how Miami handled airtime for the characters.It's gotten a little better, but I could see it returning to the rotten state it was in before if Adam returned full time.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  5. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I agree with ya greatfan, someone would have to go if Adam was to come back full time.

6. Delquesne

Delquesne Prime Suspect

For me, it's a foregone conclusion as to who that person should be: *COUGH* Jesse *COUGH*. And, believe me, it's not just because he's new to the show and the team. After Speedle's death back in Season 3, Ryan Wolfe was the "newbie," but I liked him from the beginning because he was engaging to watch on screen. In contrast, Jesse (as portrayed by Eddie Cibrian) just hasn't grabbed my attention so far. [​IMG]

(Please don't hurt me, Eddie C. fans! [​IMG] )

7. slower

slower Lab Technician

Nobody is going to hurt you, this is a good group here. :)

Unfortuantly if Adam does return, someone may be exiting. And I don't even want to guess who that would be; it makes me really nervous. :shifty:

So at this time I would have to say; please Adam stay away!!! :( This whole thing has overshadowed this season, and I am so tired of it. I would like if we could just move on.

8. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree but I believe tptb think Eddie is a primary character while Jon is still a secondary character, hense the reason Jon's status hasn't improved on the show.

The "And such and such" status, IMHO, is for an actor who is part or becomes part of a cast in a what I would say a better known actor. For example Thomas Gibson is a better know TV actor being in Chicago Hope as well as Dharma and Greg (I am not saying Joe Mantegna isn't well known but TG has been with Criminal Minds since the beginning so IMO why TG was given the honor), so I can see giving him the "And Thomas Gibson" status. That is why I don't understand giving Eddie Cibrian the same status. He seems to me not as well known. He should be listed at the end without the special status. IMHO, it is kind of a slap in the face to the actors who have been with the show longer. I hope that makes sense.

Ryan seemingly is still a background character (well, until a negative story arc comes up) in the eyes of the tptb. So I agree he's moved up but hasn't really moved up.

At the risk of sounded really negative, I highly doubt it will be him. It will be more than likely Ryan or Natalia (more likely Ryan since Natalia is the only other female CSI) that will go or have their screen time reduced to nothing. Last one hired, first one fired is all that I will say:rolleyes: I know I will get flack for this but as much as I like and miss Adam, if him coming back means less or no Ryan/Jon, I simply can't support that. Sorry, it is the way I feel.

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Ya know, if Eric joins the team again then, Horatio'll have 6 CSIs, which is double the amount he originally had:rolleyes:. Screen time would be hectic though.

10. kala79

kala79 Lab Technician

Thant's not too good...I would be quite satisfied if Adam came back half-time, I really like that character(especially when he is with Calleigh). As far as I'm aware the audience didn't actually warm up to Eddie Cibrian yet...

11. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Welcome back to the thread Aj :)!
    Out of the three new characters that were introduced this season, the only one that I find interesting/original is the ME. I really hope Adam will be back (crossing fingers!) as a regular cast member next season.
    And about the six CSIs, well, the new ones can just go back to LA and the nightshift! :lol: No offense to their fans!

12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

:lol:

:guffaw:Oppss....you got me:guffaw:

Hmmmm why didn´t I make some sort of under -cover thingy?:lol: I am not back btw. I haven´t forgotten what happened last time.

Well a possible Delko return.....

True; cast and screentime is full at the moment eventhough:

The actress(Eva La Rue) is happy that her Miami schedule makes it easier to spend time with Kaya. “[W]e have seven actors so the workload is really well split up,” she explained. “On a 9-day episode, I, on average, work 4 days out of a 9-day episode. So I have a lot of days off which is fantastic. It’s a 1-hour show, but we don’t take 16 hours to shoot it, like most 1-hour shows. We finish our day in 12 hours. Then we’re off and we have a life.”

It is just me speculating:
    If Emilly feels the same and has other things on her mind then maybe.....
    And Jonathan maybe needs some time off after the stuff he appeartly went through.

Then some characters will get more screen time and Delkos new work could be a way back on the team. Who knows, but:

Florry and I once debated whether or not any new characters shouldn´t be female in order to balance things but every new character addition since has be male. And in this tread we debated whether or not any new female (Tara) could work.

I guess: Eddie has signed a contract for more then 1 season and David is not leaving. And noboby knows if Adam even wants to return full time. So...

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  13. csimanhattan

csimanhattan Civilian

yay Kyle is back..it was said in another post he was dealing with the tragic loss of his real life brother (22 yr old) and touring for the movie My Sister's Keeper

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That's sad to hear of Evan's loss. :(

I'm anxious to see Kyle return also, & hope that since there's been so much time passed we'll see a more significant relationship between Father & Son.

15. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

You know, I have been giving this a little thought and I am not sure Adam will or even wants to return full time and here is my reasoning:

1. Even though it was the wrong message to send (are you paying attention Jon, Eva, Rex and even David and Emily?) IMO TPTB pretty much told Adam what THEY felt his worth to the show was by not only not meeting his salary demands (I am assuming since his contract was up that he was asking for more money) but taking the money TPTB SHOULD have given Adam and used it on EC, OM and for a reoccuring role, CC. I would have been pretty insulted ("oh, so you don't have the money for me, someone who has been on the show from Day One but you have the money for a couple of NEW characters. Bye Bye"), and I am not sure I would want to come back after that, and maybe Adam wouldn't want to either.

2. Let's say Adam does want to return full time and TPTB wants him and would let him return (they may think--ignoring those fans who want Adam to return-- "well, you wouldn't take what we offered you, so we hired someone else we are satisified with and we've moved on. Good luck to you"), Adam probably have to sign a contract at what TPTB felt like giving him (they could still poor mouth it, saying that couldn't afford much with the hirings of EC, OM and CC), making them feel as if they had the upper hand on Adam and possibly weakening his position in the next contract talks.

Of course this is just my speculations. We don't know what Adam really wants and TPTB might actually listen to the fans and welcome Adam back with open arms. TPTB listening to the fans would be a first; some of us have been begging for more and positive screen time and character development for Ryan/Jon for a couple of years now and THAT hasn't happened:(:scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.