Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Exactly! There are certain things they do, say and how they act around each other at times that make you stop and think about it for a moment, then wonder..."perhaps there IS something going on!" But you're right, nothing has been clarified or made official as of yet.

As for this whole "sleep-over" thought. If they do get together, then it's obvious things would lead to that point, but we would never see that on the show. Not because it's Hodges and Wendy, but tptb have to keep the show focused on the genre it is. A crime/procedural show! Although, I think I would squee (and I am not a squee kinda gal :lol:) if they had a scenario, say something like this:

Scan of a somewhat empty apartment...well, a furnished but empty place, next thing the cell phone rings, a sleeping Wendy answers, here it maybe Catherine or Ecklie and they aren't pleased. She is late for work. She suddenly realizes that she is indeed late for work, jumps from the bed, hitting the sleeping form next to her. In that process, in an authoritative tone, says something like "Hodges.. We're late!"

LOL! How would they explain that one? Both late, and conveniently enough, showing up to work at the same time....Hodges in somewhat of a stupor with a silly grin on his face. Totally not him!

Hmmm...sounds more like a fic idea. :shifty:!

The only way I think we'd know if they were really together if it's made official is if they happen to mention something to one another in passing, or Hodges is grilled with questions in regard to his attitude from the other guys (Nick and Greg mostly).

And as for how to proceed afterward if that were to happen? I am not sure, but I believe that because they aren't forced in our faces every episode, it might not be to bad. Though you know us wedges fans will wanna see something.

2. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well .....I still pose the question and am putting my shipperglasses away.
    Would it not be a waste of time? And/or too much loss of storylines to have things going on off screen?

If the show as a whole is a house of cards. Every storyline being a card upon which "you" build more. Then why not make the most of this ship? As you say theese characters are NOT front and center as Nick or Cath, so they(writers) don´t have to spend time on ship every episode. But the storyline/ship could provide footnote surprise or storyline to general episode. IMO.

We all have our favorite shipperstoryline going on. You (DJ) in late for work. Me in New Orleans on seminar and perhaps Riddick has one too.;)

BTW. DJ please PM me as this is not H/W question. But ...in your opinion. Did they "only" start up my original shipperthingy(See avie) because they knew one actor was leaving?

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  3. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

I think I have too vivid imagination... :luvlove::drool::adore:

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all.

I think we all could write our own Hodges and Wendy storyline. But all with the same outcome:lol:. But we seems to avoid the "what then". Would we prefere a change in characters? IMO a ship would not reform the characters, but they should change a bit. I know some of you belive something has allready happen;). Could that be the reason for lack of screentime? that the ship is evolving off screen and will only re- appear when the drama of XXXX(breaking - up/ meeting mother -in law). The worst case-senario IMO: Wendy breaks up with Hodges because he can´t face up to his mum. :wtf:. That senario alone makes me insist on a more Grissed or mature Hodges when he gets his Wendy. But you all might be right they might allready be doing it, so.....

5. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Good afternoon to all in Europe. (Sliverkat and Riddick) I "see" you are here.:lol:

And goodday to the rest of you.

Todays post will be a labrat episode post. I do hope the episode will be a teamfocused one and at the same time I hope for a bit of H/W moment. How about the team solving a case and endind up out for dinner. End scene everyone says "Goodbye". But Hodges and Wendy go the same way?;):lol:. Or he starts off in one direction and then turns around.:thumbsup:. Or they quite naturally as if everyone knew just sit together and be happy.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2010
  6. DJRideout

Sort of like how the CSI's hit up the diner together, after a tough case. I can't see why the labrats couldn't do the same. A subtle and indirect way to toss in a little Wedges scene as well. Even if he just simply touches the small of back as he lets her go ahead of him either out the door or to be seated. Perhaps resulting in the smallest of looks, but enough to get an idea... Or maybe she would make the initial contact in a more personal/intimate/flirty sort of way. Standing a little closer, or running her hand down his arm...etc.

I like the idea. It seems like it is something that could more likely happen in an episode...especially the Labrat one.

7. riddick

riddick Rookie

Hi everyone in this winter night in Northern Italy...It's outrageously cold outthere!

First of all, I managed to see 10x12 and I'm delighted that our fav labrat -the only reason why I'm still following the show, I have to admit it- had his own storyline in the ep..Everyone tried to make fun of him but he reached the goal anyway! Nice shots of Hodges' profile are a plus for me -yes ladies, I have a true feticism for Wally's nose....

It's nice to see that in spite of lots of space given to the CSIs, TPTB sometimes show their appreciation to Wallace's work and the peculiar impression he always manages to endow Hodges with. You can't forget about Hodges, not even if you hate him (and that's not our case!). And he gained some weight too, looks really in shape now!

No Wendy on screen 'though...let alone with her coworker....

I'm still convinced that the lack of their scenes together this season is quite suspicious...People who dislike him or the couple say that the storyilen is dead, I think the absence of them together is much too insisted, also because the only three scenes they have together are very significative....Is there something we shouldn't know?

Oh, two plot bunnies of mine:

1. After Space Oddity, Wendy goes back home, but she can't rest, so in spite of her propositions of being patient she takes the dvds and some pizza and goes over Hodges' place herself

2. In my personal version of the "morning after" Hodges wakes up and makes breakfast for her...Maybe reproaching her because she doesn't have healthy food in the fridge or something like that....

About the Labrat ep, what if it was about Wendy's exam for making CSI? Maybe with some (comprehensible) inner conflict of Hodges, he wants to help her but he does not want to lose her...

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well I am torn between two options.

One: they are together allready. And we "only" get a back - stroke every 10 episode or so. But they are together and happy

Two: We get the kiss (worst case as a important scene in an episode) and the curse of canon - couples strikes. They eventually break - up and ........

After my "main" ship failed to deliver a happy ending. I have lost faith in writers. BUT if we look to NY and Danny and Lidsey(?). I am not looking for marriage and badies.

Will a canon - couple work on theese shows? And does writers not close to many storylines off by doing so?

9. riddick

riddick Rookie

Yeah, and they've already had to put Danny on a wheelchair in order to keep some drama up....What's next? The baby is genetically deaf? Blind? Lindsay getting raped in the underground? It's too much!
    Plus, there are two other relationships going on in the mothership: Cath and Vartan and Nick and someone else whose name I don't remember....And Mendelshon talked about having Langston's ex wife showing up sooner or later...And the always impending GSR and the not just friendly tension between Sidle and Sanders...

Am I missing something? And in all this slippery soap will be there adequate space for the only relationship -other than GSR- that's actually been building up for years and making definitely sense? H/W are in a sort of "special reservation" at the moment, unspoiled by the common places of the ordinary shippy storylines...Will Shankar manage to preserve their "magic" and not let them become like any other ship with the usual infamous outcome? Which, by the way, after decades of tv dramas is getting just a bit predictable...

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  10. DJRideout

Afternoon/Evening to my fellow H/W shippers :)

I just had a crazy little thought, which there is a 99.9% chance isn't true, but I thought I'd share this with you guys. Remember in 'A Space Oddity' when Catherine told Hodges that one would have to switch shifts? Well, say they are seeing each other off screen so to speak, perhaps the lack of H/W scenes is due to the fact that she decided to be the one who switch...to give them a chance. Thing is though, would they have made some mention of it on the show? Like I said, highly unlikely, but I suppose anything is possible.

I was wondering the same thing about this seasons episode. I know the scene between Wendy and Hodges and talking about the her going into the field, wasn't a really positive one, seeing Ecklie stated that he didn't want another lab tech going into the field, but perhaps she is going to fight it. Perhaps even with Hodges inner conflicts on the matter, he'll pull off a miracle in the end for her. :lol: teeheheh...and her thanks would be a hug and a kiss???

I spied part of this comment elsewhere, and thought I'd share. It made me giggle at first at how sure the person thought they were, but you know...it is a possibility. Maybe they are molding him a little into more boyfriend-like material for Wendy...yet still with some attitude. But if they change him completely, I'll be really annoyed! I don't want them to ruin the classic Hodges character. The snark, the pompous attitude that brought these two character together in the first place. Cause we know that Wendy isn't afraid to step up to him.

Remember, Liz and Wally are part of the creative process this time around. I don't think they would jeopardize the integrity of their characters over something that could be avoided.

11. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

But am I the only one who would find it odd and out of place if "new" labrat episode is the only "place" we get some H/W? Should the storyline as it has previously be a footnote in other episodes before we get some huge W/H moment? You guys talked of other lovestorylines going on at the moment. Cat and Vartan?

So besides what we want, is there a need for this/our ship at the moment? Oddly enough it might be a good thing. They(characters) having some - some going on off screen without the need for any drama. Good for characters but bad for us.

But would you enjoy the next W/H moment to be a serious moment(-" We have been dating for so long lets move in together"?) This moment only possible because they date off screen the rest of this season.

I hope you get my drift.

12. riddick

riddick Rookie

I just finished seeing The Larry Sanders Show and it's amazing how Wally managed to gain more and more space in the show and evolve Phil's attitude -'though the evolution was towards being bitchier every year passing by lol Until the very last surprising eps...
    That said, and also thanks the same good actor, I don't think we're seeing a new Hodges, not even a changing Hodges...I think we're seeing MORE of Hodges...If I saw a CSI ep from the 3d, 4th, 5th season I could hardly deny that the character has showed many more nuances as years went by....But his personality is basically the same, luckily!
    So I don't think we'll see a different Hodges just because he's getting a significant other...IF he's getting her...

I'm pretty frustrated and fed up with that...All concentrated in the annual labrat ep and Wedges must be satisfied for the rest of the season...
    I kinda feared that could happen and unfortunately season 10th is showing my fears were founded....Until now, at least. Who knows, maybe the upcoming labrat episode will reveal something about them and after that we'll see more of them together...
    I just wish Shankar & co. didn't change their mind and decided to put H/W aside AGAIN.
    Considering Wallace is the only reason why I'm still watching this show I'd be very embittered if he was neglected in the future.....

As for H/W moving in together, well, it's another idea of mine too...I mean, they're 40 less/40 something, it would be natural for them to stop dating and make things a bit more seriuos...I can actually see Wendy proposing this to him...

13. DJRideout

Dear Lord, can you just imagine the inner turmoil that Hodges would be faced with if that (in bold) were to happen? :lol: I mean IF that were to happen, I could see it being Wendy bringing the subject to the table more so then Hodges, but we've been wrong before. Plus, who is to say that that would actually happen in the first place.

Yeah, I too am not overly pleased with the thoughts of the Labrat episodes being the only time we really see any decent H/W scenes. Sure we've caught a glimpse here and there...but not very much. But to stay optimistic, things could still change and hopefully, like you said Riddick, it could lead to more. I just don't like not knowing what is on the go with them. And I hope that they don't leave the supposed Labrat episode, till the last handful of episodes of the season. We won't get much continuity after if that was to happen.

Oh his personality hasn't changed...much, but he has mellowed out a little over the past couple of seasons. And personally, I think that Wendy, and even Grissom a little, had a hand in that. Overall though, it is nice to see more to the character.

Side note - I agree, Wally was great in The Larry Sanders Show! He was great in Veronica's Closet as well. Worth checking out if you haven't already.

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

Working has been delirious for me this week! As English would say, thank God it's Friday!

A little relief from the Tube: take a look at the extended preview of next episode...no big hopes but some hope anyway....

Aging also helps men mellowing if there's something to be mellowed...My dad is basicallly a sensitive and tender person but until a few years ago he would play the tough guy....All show off! LOL

As for Grissom, I always wonder how Hodges judges Bugman's choice to pick up a love affair over his work....I'd like to know what Hodges would have said to Wendy in their scene together in "On to go" if there had been an actual dialogue between the two to be heard

I'm recovering VC eps, but my crush on Phil is epic right now...Especially about the "Brian affair", so sweet! 'though in general one has to admit that if compared to him Hodges looks like Snowhite LOL

Last edited: Jan 29, 2010
  15. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician