CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire City

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I just noticed that our previous spoiler discussion thread had passed the 1000 post mark, so I thought I'd open up a new one. Here are the spoilers I have collected elsewhere - if I forgot anything, make sure to bring it over from the old thread! :)

(I usually credit who contributed each piece of spoiler information, but I don't seem to have that down for everything - sorry if I don't credit you for something you shared with us! It's not intentional. :))

6.14 "Sanguine Love" (CSI Files spoiler report)

~ A young woman is found dead in the snow, her ear cut off. She was stabbed in the neck with some sort of small blade - whatever it was, it was deep enough to slice her carotid artery.

~ The victim, Pam, was a photographer. Stella and Flack use her latest photographs to follow her progress backwards from where she died in the park (presumably Central Park?) - they are able to locate her building. The doorman recognizes her - he says she went for a walk in the park every night, usually with her boyfriend. However, the boyfriend, Keith, wasn't with her the night she died.

~ The doorman also tells them that Pam might have been seeing an older man on the side - but when they ask Keith, he denies that Pam was seeing anyone else. He blames himself for her death because he wasn't with her when she was killed. When they ask why he wasn't there the night she died, he says it's because they got into an argument.

~ Pam had a scar on her wrist. Mac notices a similar scar on her father's wrist, as well as the wrist of a tattoo artist that is considered a suspect. However, the tattoo artist's alibi checks out, and his tattoo guns are not a match to the murder weapon. He doesn't offer Flack and Hawkes any information about the scar on his wrist.

~ Mac confronts Pam's father about the scars, and he gives them an important piece of information: the scar was made during a ceremony. He identifies the older man Pam had been seen with as Joseph, the head of a Haven in the city. The haven is a safe place for "vampires". Pam's father met Joseph when they were younger (because he himself is a "vampire"). When Pam moved to the city, he asked Joseph to keep an eye on her. It seems that Pam joined Joseph's Haven.

~ Pam's father describes the instrument used to make the cut on his (and his daughter's) wrist - it's an ankh with a thin blade. Danny and Flack go with some cops to raid Joseph's apartment, and they find him in the middle of a ceremony. They take the ankh blade to test it in case it's their murder weapon - and Danny finds Pam's missing ear in Joseph's freezer.

~ Hill Harper confirmed on Twitter that this is the episode written by Carmine Giovinazzo. ​

6.15 "The Formula"

~ There was some sort of incident with a race car - a driver's car malfunctioned, and he was trapped inside when it was burning. Now he's in the hospital, and the team has to figure out what happened (and whether someone sabotaged the car).

~ Flack does not seem impressed with the idea of driving in a circle over and over again.

~ Mac keeps getting calls from the Mayor about what happened (although I'm not sure why), but the team doesn't know whether or not this is a isolated incident.

ETA:

~ The episode starts at a Grand Prix race exhibition - it's not actually a race, but Davi dos Santos is still being competitive. His wife, Tania, seems worried that he's being too reckless, but he wants to win - and to please the crowd.

~ Santos drives for Seraphim Spirits, and a lot of the fans are wearing shirts to advertise the brand. They're all cheering for Santos.

~ During a pit stop, Santos' crew chief urges him to back down because it's just an exhibition, but Santos says it's all the same to him. On the way out of the pits, Santos' car explodes.

~ Mac meets with Flack on the track - Santos is in intensive care, and it doesn't look good. The have to figure out what happened and who is responsible for Santos' injuries.

~ The car was covered with gasoline, but Danny and Adam determine that the gas tank itself is undamaged - someone must have cut the fuel line.

~ The team has a list of suspects to deal with, including competitors and someone who sent threatening letters to Santos. They are able to identify the man who sent the letters as Joseph Weaver - he's been making phone calls, filing lawsuits and sending letters to Congress because of Seraphim Spirits. He says the company is encouraging people to drink and drive - his own brother was killed by a drunk driver who had been drinking Seraphim Spirits.

~ As the team tries to unravel the mystery of who sabotaged Santos' car, things take a turn for the worse in the hospital - if Santos doesn't pull through, their suspect will be facing a murder charge.

~ Also, in more fun news, it seems that Mac and Stella are wearing racing uniforms toward the end of the episode - I don't know for sure, but it looks like Mac might have come up with the idea to go for a drive at the track.

~ Here's a bit of casting info, courtesy of Railynn (from SpoilerTV):

[YOUNG MAC TAYLOR] Male, 10 years old, a young Mac Taylor (Gary Sinise) is seen playing in a soapbox car...ONE (1) LINE CO-STAR. PLEASE REVIEW PHOTOS OF GARY SINISE AS A REFERENCE BEFORE SUBMITTING​
    ~ Here's a bit of casting info for several guest stars in the episode (BTW, the date seems to be wrong - February 18th is a Thursday, so they must mean February 17th):

Antonio Sabato Jr. and Danica Patrick to Heat Up CSI: NY

Start your engines, CSI: NY fans!

In his first return to TV since failing to find love on his VH1 dating show My Antonio, Antonio Sabato Jr. has signed on as a guest star on CSI: NY alongside NASCAR driver Danica Patrick.

Sabato and Patrick will play Formula race car drivers Davi Santos and Liza Gray, who will get into an explosive car crash during an expedition race through New York City.

Their fiery episode will air Feb. 18 on CBS​

6.16 "Uncertainty Rules":

~ The episode starts with a man wielding an ax in the street. He's swinging it at cars and screaming, bare-chested and covered with blood. He's clearly out of control. Two cops rush to the scene and are forced to use a taser to subdue him. They end up having to put him in a body bag (with holes in it) to take him in.

~ The man had a hotel key card in his pocket. When Mac and Flack go up to the room, they discover a gruesome scene: four victims (two guys and two girls), all killed with an ax.

~ Back at the precinct, they discover that their ax-wielding suspect is James Ritchie, and he was high on LSD when he was found in the street. His girlfriend, Sara, insists that James didn't do drugs. She identifies the two male victims from the hotel room as his friends Mark and Daniel. She doesn't know the two women, though. All she knows is that Mark and Daniel were determined to take James (who wasn't big on birthday parties) out for some fun for his 21st birthday.

~ All James remembers is being kidnapped by clowns - at first, they assume he was just hallucinating, but Danny finds two clown masks with Mark and Daniel's DNA on them. They must have worn the masks when they pretended to kidnap him before taking him out for a night of fun. From that point on, the team is on their own when it comes to figuring out what happened - and whether or not James killed his friends and the two women.

~ The women are identified as Jackie and Lacey, and they are both in the system for drug possession. That may explain where the drugs came from, but it doesn't explain how they knew the other two victims - or how all four people ended up dead in a hotel room.

~ Danny and Flack appear to have a lot of scenes together. Mac seems to have some good moments with James.

~ Since we've got three characters who have been MIA in some episodes this season, I thought I'd share what I can tell from the spoilers: Sid is mentioned (so hopefully he'll be there, although it could just be one of those times where he's referenced without appearing). Adam is mentioned as well. No sign of Lindsay, but that doesn't mean she isn't in the episode.​

6.17 "Pot of Gold":

~ It's a St Patrick's Day-themed episode - complete with a parade, green beer and Flack speaking Irish. ;)

~ They have two victims: one is a journalist (Paley) that was shot, and the other man (Charlie) was hit over the head with something. An impact mark on the ground next to Charlie includes numbers that Hawkes identifies as being from a bar of gold. This leads the team to interact with the US Treasury since the gold bar/murder weapon with that number was logged into a Federal Reserve vault that morning after being sold to China.

~ The gold leads the team to a gold manufacturing firm that Charlie worked for. However, the boss there has no idea why Charlie would be working with two journalists. (The two journalists are Paley and his friend Cam, who is missing.)

~ Mac's stepson Reed Garrett is back. He knows Cam, and he asks Mac to talk to him. He says Cam got in over his head - and he points out the scar on his neck from the Cabbie Killer that reminds Mac that Reed knows what can happen if you go too far. Mac promises to talk to Cam, but he knows he's taking a chance. The kid is going to have to prove that he isn't the killer.

~ Mac meets a woman named Aubrey Hunter in a busy deli at the beginning of the episode. (Clearly Mädchen Amick's character.) They share a nice moment in the middle of the chaos. (To clarify, I mean that they don't know each other before they randomly end up in the same deli at the same time - it's not a planned date or anything.)

~ In terms of our three here-one-week-gone-the-next characters, Lindsay and Adam are both mentioned, and Sid is not. (He could still be there, but that's all I know from the spoilers.) Speaking of which: Adam gets out of the lab to go with Hawkes to the Federal Reserve vault, and Lindsay and Danny visit a bar together to follow the trail of some specific green beer found on Charlie's shirt. ;)

Miscellaneous:

~ Question from Ask Ausiello:

Question: Can you please give us some Danny and Lindsay scoop on CSI: NY? —Chrissi

Ausiello: I can’t, no. But exec producer Pam Veasey sure can. “Danny and Lindsay remain the happily married parents of Lucy,” she says. “The only hint of problems [result] from the few unexpected moments of back pain Danny experiences — [remnants] of his gunshot injury and temporary paralysis. He keeps this secret to himself for awhile.”​

~ Similar question from MegaBuzz:

I need scoop on CSI: NY's Danny and Lindsay! — Meg

MegaBuzz: Even though conventional TV wisdom suggests otherwise, executive producer Pam Veasey promises that this couple will remain rock-solid. "We're not going to go the typical [route]," Veasey says. "They went through a lot to get together, and they will now go through things together. Something will happen — something has to happen in their lives. But it won't be anything tragic."
    ~ Hill posted a picture from the set of NY with Carmine: "Final shoot day of Carmine's Episode..death in the snow!!"

[​IMG]

~ Here's the latest CSI Files interview with Eddie Cahill.

~ Mädchen Amick has been cast in a recurring role:

Mädchen Amick joins 'CSI: NY'

The long draught in Mac Taylor's love life is finally over.

Mädchen Amick has been tapped for a recurring role on CBS' crime drama "CSI: NY," playing a romantic interest for Detective Taylor (Gary Sinise).

The brooding detective was last in a relationship three years ago.

During the 2006-07 season, Taylor hooked up with a former flame, medical examiner Peyton Driscoll (Claire Forlani), who ultimately left him to return to her native England.

Gersh-repped Amick will next be seen in the horror movie "Priest."

Her series credits include "Californication," "Gossip Girl" and a recurring role on another CBS drama series, "Viva Laughlin."
    ~ Courtesy of vegaslights:

'CSI: NY Casting News: Of Love… and Death?

Make no mistake, the most recent episode of CBS’ high-rated CSI:NY wasn’t serving up a red herring. Shane Casey is due for a sinister encore, sources tell me.

In fact, the elusive – but now incarcerated (?) – serial killer played twice before by Edward Furlong (’Terminator 2′) likely will be back with a bang. Executive producer Pam Veasey teases that Casey “will be part of the Season 6 finale, and a cliffhanger you won’t want to miss.”

With that ominous scoop now hanging heavy in the air, how about some happy news for ol’ Mac Taylor?

Well, as previously reported, ‘Twin Peaks’ alumna Madchen Amick has been cast on ‘CSI: NY’ in the recurring role of a new romantic interest for the earnest detective. Fancast can now report that Amick will first air on March 10, when Mac literally bumps into her character at a hospital.

“Madchen is playing an ER doctor,” says Veasey, “and we will visit her work place many times.”

“Many times”? What’s going down at the hospital all of a sudden? One could factor in this: Mac’s stepson, Reed, is due to resurface in that same March 10 episode.

Sounds to me like young Reed is cruising for a bruising – but that’d be a small price to pay in the name of Mac finding new love. Am I right?

‘CSI: NY’ returns with new episodes on February 3.​

~ Here's a video from the studio, where cello player Tina Guo recorded a solo for "Sanguine Love". (Link posted by Messers fan.)

Okay, that's everything I've got! Let the discussion continue, and make sure I haven't forgotten anything from the old thread. :D

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Re: CSI: NY Season 6 Spoiler Discussion - Solving Crime in the Empire

"Some cases . . . really suck." ba-da ching! :lol: :rolleyes:

It looks really good and the promo doesn't make it seem like it's going to be a self-serving Danny fest. I'm really curious and excited to see this episode. Thanks for the link.

4. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

I agree, that was the biggest thing I didnt like about melina episode, it was just a stella fest, where it looks like Carmine wrote a CSI: NY episode not a Danny episode, I am really curious how he does as a writer, but so far it looks like it will be good!! Can't Wait!!

5. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Here is a link for those who are not enought lucky to be in states and can watch the first one blocked by CBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8f7tgg-sZA

it looks like a good one and I agree I'm happy it is not a Danny centric episode:thumbsup::thumbsup:

6. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Thanks so much, Messers_fan!

Mac's last line made me chuckle. :lol: It looks like a good one.

7. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Interesting - the guy with the "I'm deeply disturbed" line is Carlo Rota, yet he isn't credited in the cast list/press release. He should be good and will hopefully add a little tongue in cheek humour. :)

8. starrybluemoon

starrybluemoon Dead on Arrival

Thankyou Messers_fan!

:lol:"Im deeply disturbed-ill give you that much" HA! This looks like a good
    episode I can't wait:)

Im glad this isn't a Danny Fest - But I'd like to know what's with the whole "losing his shield" situation....

9. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

Thanks for the promo Messers_fan! :)

you're right, he played morris o'brien (chloe's husband) on 24.

10. Wolverine_Eagle

Wolverine_Eagle Prime Suspect

some interesting news.... according to Ceesau's Twitter...

11. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

It won't be a Danny centric episode but it will certainly be a Carmine's centric episode;) it seems it put his heart on hit and it will mean a lot to know how much we're gonna love it or not:):)

12. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

Faylinn, many thanks for the interesting Infos. i can't wait for the Episodes.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

13. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

And before that he had a part in La Femme Nikita for a few seasons. Every time I see him I smile because I remember his character on LFM.

I'm excited about Carmine's writing and agree that it looks like he wrote an episode for the show instead of Danny's character. To me it makes Melina's episode even worse because now we have something to compare to.

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

02/03 : 6.14 - Sanguine Love
    02/10 : 6.15 - The Formula
    02/17 : 6.07 - Hammer Down - rediffusion
    02/24 : 6.01 - Epilogue - rediffusion

source:cbspressexpress

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I love Carlos Rota--he was awesome in 24. I was psyched when I saw him in the preview!

I guess they're not putting CSI: NY up against the Olympics. Are the other CSI shows in reruns during those weeks, too? I guess that means we'll probably see no reruns in March.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.