Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. riddick

riddick Rookie

It seems there's no way for me to use this gif here, I've been trying to upload it for so long!:brickwall::lol:
    I took it off.

2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I really wish I knew what to suggest to you, because I love that little dancing scene with Hodges. LOL, it was so random and unexpected. Heheh...I wonder what Wendy would have thought if she had seen it? I'm sure she would have thought he was weird.

Now I don't actually have a program that makes those little clips, but I'll see if I can find out for you. It would be a shame if you couldn't eventually use the banner because of a small technicality.

I wonder, if there was something going on between H&W, and Catherine caught wind, what would she actually do or say? Would she insist on the shift change, or suggest to them to keep it discrete in the work place? Considering she is now the boss, she'd probably have to follow proper lab protocol, but perhaps she'd turn a blind eye as long as they didn't let it effect their work. I mean, everyone it entitled to finding love, even the labrats. And being a woman in her position and understanding the difficulties of finding something meaningful with another person in their particular line of work, perhaps she'd go easier on them.

...So many ifs, ands, or buts.

3. riddick

riddick Rookie

I think the "old" Catherine, the maternal, pragmatic and "live and let live" Cath, would have "looked away" and let them get away with it...Nowadays I just don't know, she's still suffering from the Grissom heritage -who wouldn't? I don't have any idea about how she sees her role as a boss.

Anyway, are not labrats under direct control of "Conrad"? That would be waaaay worse!

BTW, I wonder how the rest of team would take their relationship....Someone with "relief" -poor Henry-, someone with disbelief, I hope Greg fans never pass hereby but I hope he would stay speechless for sometime!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2010
  4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

If the ship is to come alive, producers and writers will make it so. Bending rules or making characters inc. Cath ignore rules until further use in another episode. And we allready know that one producer is on our side, so if the show "can see" workable episodes and storylines in the ship. They will use it. But for the moment there must be other storylines more workable and we have to wait.

I have however considered whether or not it will be a "good" thing to have the Labratepisode be a "they are" episode. You know I want to be there for the first kiss so please read this the right way.;). I don´t want the Labrat episode being a "H/W" centered episode because IMO that would be forcing the non-likers to ....smash it in their faces(?) - some kind of overload. I do belive that that would be a bad thing. I rather have the kiss before the Labrat episode and then have the Labrat epi go back to "Miniuture killer" style of episode with a team focus. But what do you think?

I would rather have "the kiss" as a footnote in another epi. Someone spotting them outside work and them kissing because they thought they were alone. And a nice loving sweet kiss please.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  5. riddick

riddick Rookie

I don't think Wally and Liz would ever write an episode just for setting themselves on the spotlight. It's not them and they don't need it, especially Wally.
    They love their coworkers, especially the labrats team. In the Space Oddity commentary Wally was quite surprised -not pleased- that the ep was focused only on Simms and Hodges...

A kiss well...I wish! But I don't want to see their FIRST kiss -and sure as hell I don't want them to kiss in the lab for the first time. I'm more inclined to believe that we'll see something of their relationship when it's already begun....I really hope they don't get together in that episode, that would be too soapish and soap opera is out of character....

Audience might be annoyed? Maybe....But Grillows, Sandles and viewers indifferent to the whole GSR....How should they have taken tons of a ship they weren't interested in?

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  6. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

Why don't you want to see their first kiss?

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi all and a nice day to you all.

I am curious too. Why not the first kiss? And let´s for the sake of argument say they do get together. How would we like it to "play out" on screen?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  8. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

Hello everyone! Hope all ok.
    We just had the first episode of the current season. It was good to see Hodges save Wendy's life, although I was disappointed that that was all that was shown. I would have liked a scene where she thanked him, or something. But it was good to see him risk his life for hers.

9. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Yeah, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't something a little more between the two, say perhaps a longing look at one another as they hesitated before getting up from the floor. Or a smile and a thank you from Wendy at the fact that he did risk his life...realizing that he isn't as self-centered as he once was, and actually looked out for another human being as opposed to just himself. It would have been nice to see some form of acknowledgment, but the main thing is, is that he indeed risked his life, and dove through flying bullets to protect the one he loves.

If there was ever to be a first kiss between the couple, I think it would have to be one catching the other off guard with it. Nothing to deep, and perhaps even a little sloppy or awkward. I can also see it happening in the lab, but only if the situation was right. A good example would be the scene mentioned above...with him saving her life. Or perhaps Hodges comes through in talking to Ecklie about Wendy and the whole field work bit. And when she hears what he done...for her, knowing he isn't to thrilled about the idea in general, she'd go and find him to thank him....with a kiss. Or perhaps he accidentally says something to make her mad (ie. locker room scene from 'You Kill Me'), then when he tries to correct himself, he confesses, in English and to her face, how he feels about her....resulting in a kiss.

There are so many little possibilities between these two. But one I don't want to happen is a similar scneario to that of Sara and Grissom's lab kiss. That would be the only reason to me not wanting to see a kiss. The reaction from those who'd say it was only following GSR...cause that makes me mad. Wedges being pegged as a GSR wannabe...cause it's not! H&W's relationship has been awkwardly brewing since season 7. TPTB didn't just toss it in since the other two left...and its quite apparent, with the limited screen time between our two labrats over the past couple of seasons, they aren't trying to build it up to replace the other romance. If that were the case, it would probably of have been more in the advanced stages of the relationship by now.

LOL, anyway, that is just some thoughts bouncing around in my head.

10. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

Maybe they will kiss in the LabRats episode. I just hope it will be light and fluffy episode. Everything about CSI is drama most of the time, but LabRats always was funny to watch. You can just relax and have a great time.

I just hope they coming together wouldn't be so dramatic as GSR.

11. riddick

riddick Rookie

Both couples work together. The male parts of the couples are socially unskilled and live for their jobs. That's all I see as a commonground between GSR and Wedges. The rest is different. GSR's turning points were based on Grissom's inhibition but above all on Sara's expectactions...She thought Grissom could help her out of her own ghosts, which is obviously impossible...She had to grow up on her own before facing their relationship again....H/W is based on accepting each other as they are...Wendy is quite firm on her feet and has no need to find her stability in a man, let alone Hodges! She chooses to give a chance -and another one and another...- to this dumb smart guy because she wants to, not because she has problems that he has to solve for her...
    And there's the snarky humor bonus, of course, that's how they've gotten to know each other and how smart and alike they are...Like Wally said in a commentary, those are good basis for a healthy relationship...I think a little conflict is necessary, otherwise their storyline would risk to wither and become one of those blind spots of which tv series are full...NO WAY I want this for Wedges!

Then, there's the whole question of screen chemistry -and I'd rather avoid to say what I think of the GSR kiss- but that's pure personal taste.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  12. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I will be back later and add more.....

I am back:lol:. That is just it. How do we see the ship go on after a kiss or a sleep - over;). I for one love the banter and the competion(?)/ rivalry between them. Can writers keep that and let the ship evolve or should they go for ??????

As storylines go. Do you feel they have had a storyline of their own? Not Space Odd which was a glimpse of them in private, but not a storyline about one of the characters. Perhaps in the episode of personal storyline we could get a hug at the end. But I am still voting for a/the kiss being a footnote in another episode. I would not like some newbie or extra having a crush on Wendy and have Cath hinting at Hodges. So that would be all we got to "see" of the ship going canon?.

13. riddick

riddick Rookie

Please fellow Wedges remind me I shouldn't search the web for finding info about our pair...The harshness and the childishness of some comments are unbelievable....

After reading them, speaking of "canon" ship takes some optimism..

Anyway, after a sleep over well...Keep in mind I'm still convinced something's already happened but...They're both around forty, and they have both this clever and aloof demeanor...I don't think we'd see overracting, not even from Hodges...Maybe just some hinting, but neither fluff nor "oh my god we slept together!!" are their cups of tea so to speak...

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well I am not certain they are doing anything outside screen as there is so many storylines and comic relief left to use and no matter how we "like"/view our ship it is a question of "workablility" on show. And time allready spend on hinting at a ship and Space Odd. it would be odd and a waste of time to have to much of the ship off screen. The first and any sleep - over;) will forever be off screen or that is my bet. But a kiss would be different. There is some shocking effect left and it could bring a lighter tone to any "dark"/ moody episode. So IMO a kiss is coming. And some post-sleepover thingy but what much and for how long? That is anyones guess. And what to do after is the thing I am worried about.
    Would it make sense to have a change in characters or would the ship take a back -seat to other storylines (more then now). Theese shows are NOT known for their handling of ships.

15. riddick

riddick Rookie

Neither am I! It's just a "hunch", there have been some things that make me believe that, but of course everything is to be clarified yet...

The "after thing" is what should worry any shipper of any ship...When two regulars get together normally two things can happen : 1. one of the two -or both- leaves 2. the couple breaks up shortly after (and one or both leave)

I'm still convinced that if Jorjia Fox hadn't expressed some plans on leaving the show the GSR would have never been realized....

The fact that Wendy and Hodges are not in the main team could help make this ship be something different from the usual infamous course of things, but it's always a risk....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010