Hodges & Wendy - Labrat Love #2, They "ARE" made for each other

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by DJRideout, Dec 20, 2009.

1. riddick

riddick Rookie

Yes, it is somewhere else there too...But Hodges hadn't left his mother's house in season 8 already? How did Wendy manage to see his sofa? I doubt he brought photos of it at work...

Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  2. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

LOL...that would be hilarious. That is if he indeed brought photos of the sleeper sofa to work. The height of dork-ness...haha! Although, something about his character tells me that anything is possible with him.

In 8x15, 'The Theory of Everything', there were several mentions of Hodges moving out...but I don't think anything was concrete. First there was the little phone call from Mandy basically telling him that if he wants if he wanted to win a girls heart, he had to move out...that no girl wanted competition (with his mother). THEN, a few scenes later, and possibly a day or so had elapsed in between, Henry mentioned to Catherine that he cut the old apron strings where Cath simply replied with amusement; "Ah, so she finally kicked him out!" Other then that, I don't think there were any talks about his living arrangements.

Question that I wonder and am curious about is, just how many wedges scenes got left on the cutting room floor due to either time restraints, or just...the relationship (??) isn't to that stage of the game between the two.

Ah so much to be curious about with those deleted scenes and/or things they discuss that we don't actually see in the show. Makes you wonder.

3. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

I haven´t searched Tubeland yet, but DJ do you know what the comment is? And Riddick thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

What is your take on her "seeing" his sofa?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  4. riddick

riddick Rookie

At the beginning of the scene he's talking about "dense weave"...So if there are no photos maybe there are sample of the poor sofa to be analyzed by Simms LOL

My personal take is that TPTB had planned to give a definite "push" to their relationship in season 9 but other storylines eventually took over, especially the Raymond Langston One Man Show- please note that I do like Dr. Ray, Larry is awesome, , it's just he was overexposed last season...

DJ, I have a true passion for deleted scenes, alternate scenes, drafts of scripts....in a word, for everything that makes you think "what if?" There are left out things from The X Files that have never been released even years after the end of the series and I wonder if it's the same for other shows...

I hope all of you can see the deleted scene, because I have a couple of ideas about Wendy's last comment, but I don't want to appear too far-fetched...

Oh, by the way, when taking caps of the scene I took this by sheer chance: it's when the cut shifts from one close-up to the other, if I had made that by purpose I wouldn't have done a better work!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2010
  5. DJRideout

Here is the scene (deleted scene number 15)...AND typed below, what is said between the couple;

H: "It's a pretty dense weave, and the GCMS indicates presences of FRPE flame retardants."
    W: "Hodges, that color is absolutely hideous!"
    H: "My Mom picked that out."
    W: "You know, when a man moves into his own apartment, he's allowed to pick out his own furniture. And you kinda got to be sure that you're making the right statement."
    H: "It is a sleeper sofa."
    W: "That is sooo optimistic!"
    H: "Hmmph!"

- optimism, is the overarching mental state wherein people believe that things are more likely to go well for them than go badly.

Is Hodges being a little more optimistic about his future chances with Wendy?? LOL! And the more I watch that little scene, the more I am convinced that he actually brought in a sample of the sofa. Which is all the more funny!

Well, it was definitely obvious that specific scenarios from season 9 played a huge role on what happened and what was suppose to happen. A random Wedges scene obviously took a back seat to say...Grissoms departure, and Rays arrival. That was to be expected.

I STILL wish way back in the Labrats episode and commentary, that they actually had time for Sara Goldfinger and Liz Vassey to play that little trick on Wally by getting Liz to kiss him when they stood toe to toe. Then they could have put it on along with the commentary for the episode, the deleted scene.

Would love to hear your take on it. Far fetched or not, it makes for good conversations seeing we are lacking in the wedges scenes this season.

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Thanks DJ. That was priceless.:guffaw::guffaw:.

Well Riddick....I think your point on other storylines is correct. The scene in itself without shipperglasses was fun and hinted at something between the characters. If the scene had been included in the episode it could have fueled comments or hints at more in later episodes.

But we are still left wondering: why have they not yet had a follow-up to the storylinedevelopment in Space Odd? I read that some "normal" fans didn´t like the episode but LV has allways had a twist in their episodes and Space Odd were no different. Is the storyline ifself being too problematic and for whom? Please note the following:

‘A Space Oddity’ Makes Top 50 List

Posted by Rachel - 05/01/10 at 10:01 pm
    Last season’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation episode “A Space Oddity” made the list of The 50 Best Episodes of 2009 on the Futon Critic website. “A Space Oddity” came in at number 39:
    The show’s annual “lab rats” installment was a particular hoot this time around as Hodges [Wallace Langham] and Wendy [Liz Vassey] investigate a murder at a sci-fi convention. In addition to appearances by Battlestar Galactica’s Ronald D Moore and Kate Vernon, we also got to see Hodges’s fantasy life, where in addition to putting Wendy in various stages of undress, he imagined himself on a Star Trek-esque television series. Thankfully the silly was balanced by the sweet as Hodges confessed his feelings for her… in a Klingon-esque language.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  7. riddick

riddick Rookie

Thank you so much DJ for writing down the conversation! I actually caught 90% of the talking so my "non native speaking" pride feels a bit better now LOL

I have two takes on Wendy's comment:

1. As you said, it could be an allusion for what Hodges hopes for....She could have rudely said "You wish" but she chose to be more subtle...with that kinda Mona Lisa smile LOL

Anyway, why underlining that it's a sleeper sofa? did not Hodges provide his apt with a bed?! That would remind me a Moonlighting episode when Cybill Shepard went to Bruce Willis' apt to find that there was only one piece of furniture in the whole house!

2. Could it be that they were supposed to have already begun a relationship and Wendy's comment was referred to the word "sleeper"?
    Just a thought, though, the scene is quite ambigous, it is the kind of the scene which makes shippers crazy....on purpose? Who knows...

Oh, BTW, there's another deleted scene on the same channel, with Wendy facing an arrogant macho jerk, quite like the Mickey Ross scene in Kill me if you can. Apart from the fact that she is impossibly beautiful there, I really appreciate how she shows her despisement for that kind of men...It makes me value more how she behaves with Hodges.
    She's not patient and tolerant with any guy around her, so she chooses to be like that with her coworker. A pretty good sign for my Wedges heart.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  8. DJRideout

:thumbsup: Glad to have been able to assist in remedying your pride.

LOL, how he deadpanned Wendy about his mom picking out the color AND how he clarified that it was a sleeper sofa made me laugh. The mans sense of humor can be so dry.

As for 'A Space Oddity' hitting the top 50 list...well all I can say is way to go to our geeky lovestruck labrats. Some people may not have enjoyed the episode, and to each their own, but there is something to be said about the fact it came in 39th when there were so many to pick and choose from, from all the different networks. Fantastic creativity, writing and wonderful acting. All involved in the making of the episode deserve a pat on the back. They pulled off on heck of a fun show. And just another little note, I didn't see any other CSI episode top the list :p.

And I believe that those that didn't enjoy it, didn't for one of two reasons. 1> they are not fans of Hodges, the labrats in general, or the general hints of a personal/love relationship/interest between characters on what is supposed to be a procedural show. 2> That they are not fans of the whole sci-fi genre. Now I am not a huge lover of sci-fi, but I don't mind it...but because I love who the epsiode was written around, made it that much more enjoyable for me.

Nice catch. And I would have to agree...if that is how she feels toward guys like that, well her showing patience and tolerance with Hodges is a definite plus in my books. It is definitely a sign that there is some interest on her part. I mean, why act that way if you despise or have no feelings toward someone else. She wouldn't be wandering over into his lab, or welcoming his assistance with work related situations. She wouldn't have agreed to sit down and play his little game in "You Kill Me" or invited him over after work to watch some dvds..etc. If you couldn't tolerate someone, wouldn't you try to avoid them? I would...at all costs, unless the situation proved otherwise.

Oh the dirty thoughts going through my head at this moment...lol

Just get together already you two...lol! If Grissom and Sara could do it secretly, I'm sure that Hodges and Wendy can as well. Hodges just needs to get his act together and realize what he's got in front of him before it's to late. The heck with putting his work first, live a little.

9. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi u 2.:)

DJ you get to see the episodes before I do. Like 2 years or so.:guffaw:. So what is "blocking" the screen time. If they are still on some Ray - storyline, then should it not end? Or will they have overused the character and/or the storyline?

If not our labrats as comrelief or romantic moment. What are they doing then? Are the episodes in general "dark" and moody?

I belive the episode written by Liz and Wall will be telling. Are the characters in the minds of the actors ready to move on? Or will they once again play down the ship and go for comic relief? I hope that Wall wil insist on some progress as his character has "told" Wendy his feelings and any set - back now would be wrong for the ship and the Hodges - character. Even Liz must "want" something for her character. Without a reponse to the "Klingon speach(?)" her character looses something IMO.

But would I "want" the progress in the episode or be okay with the progress allready over and done with? I like to there when something happens. I still vote for a seminar - episode in New Orleans and we will get some kissing in the moonlight.

10. riddick

riddick Rookie

I cannot write an exahustive reply because I happen to be at work - on a Saturday afternoon, I'm more miserable than Hodges, I know!
    But in the Space Oddity making of Liz clearly says that "we have feelings for each other but none of us wants to say it, and everytime I try he messes up"

I think it's quite matter of fact!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  11. DJRideout

I have a feeling that the way the two of them (liz and wally) are and how they are in favor of this awkward relationship, we'll see something in the LABRATS episode. What, and to what extent, remains to be seen. I mean, from the things both actors have said in regards to the relationship since season 7, they are both curious about where it could lead...and wouldn't mind seeing it explored. And they have Naren on their side, plus follow cast members that support it.

I just want Hodges to finally admit...in English, to Wendy's face, that he is indeed interested in her. That in itself would be a big step. Although, I know the klingon comment took guts for Hodges. TPTB don't have to go into great depth with this, but something a little more concrete would be nice. Instead of always wondering...are they, or aren't they...will they or won't they. Know what I mean?

Now mind you, I do like the not knowing...to an extent, but after a couple of seasons, something a little more, guiding us fans toward a yes or no answer would be nice.

12. riddick

riddick Rookie

Someone take me off the deleted scene...Please!!!!!! The more I watch it, the less I'm sure about what they're hinting at...One thing is sure, the mood of the scene if funny but quite different from what we've seen in the previous season....I'd nevere have thought that Hodges would make such a direct allusion to a possible....rendez vou -and that crooked smile that's so typical of Wally...love it! And I've always thought that Wendy would have laughed hard in his face about his mom-addiction once she had the chance but her reaction was, again, unusually tolerant in spite of the ironic comment. It's all very awkward.

I think the question for the future of the Wedges ship is not about their feelings for each other, but if they'll manage to follow Henry' advice -that was directed to both of them- and finally make a move. Although as I already said I think that something is actually going on, I can see a continuity from Space Oddity on...Let's not forget that this is CSI, not Bold&Beautiful...

One GSR experience is enough, thanks..Less quantity and more quality now!

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  13. SilverKat

SilverKat Hit and Run

I could only wonder who would make a first move...

14. riddick

riddick Rookie

Definitely Wendy...I keep wondering if she did o told something to him after the Space Oddity end scene...She had this look in her eyes..."You jerk, what you're waiting for?"
    I think he's too afraid of pushing it too far and losing her once for all, not to mention that, as Wally commented on this episode, Hodges' first love is the lab.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2010
  15. DJRideout

A lot of things can be read into the look that Wendy gave at the end of A Space Oddity. LOL, such as; "You jerk, what you're waiting for?" (That made me giggle). Or it could be as simple as "He really does like me." Even a simple "We are!" But I do think that if there is any advancement, if nothing is already on the go between them, it would be her making the first move. Although, his talking to Cath about a relationship between two co-workers could very well be the starts of him reconsidering his first love, the lab, and focusing on Wendy. And maybe he said yes then no to her little invite because of what Catherine DID say. "That one would have to switch shifts."

PS - Riddick, love the banner, love the fact that Hodges got some real dance moves...lol, but before the mods for this actual thread and community pop in, you're gonna have to resize it. 75x220 is the site max. Any way you make it any smaller?