8x10 - Count Me Out **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I wanted to point out the episode where the NBA star s doing a guest appearence, Walter has a badge attached to his pants pocket, so apparently they are making him a full time day shift CSI without any explanation when in the very beginning he was just a lab tech. Talk about ridicules. I still haven't seen tonights episode, but I am really looking forward to next weeks preview.

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^^ I was wondering about that. At the beginning of the episode I saw Walter with a gun, I was so lost. I thought I missed something, but it seems I am not alone

3. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

A first for me: Horatio made me JUMP when he got mad and yell "DON'T LIE TO ME!"
    Poor Natalia. I think that bomb had a double effect on her. I think that blast affected her hearing and also caused her to start suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. She jumped when the evidence locker closed with a loud clang.

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Is Horatio training his replacement?

I feel so bad for Natalia. I loved that Ryan was so concerned for her. She should have gone to the hospital, but I guess she figured that if Calleigh could survive a burning home than she can survive an explosion. I can't wait to see where they go with this

I love Calleigh. I really wanted to smack that lady, I think Calleigh was itching to.

I will keep my opinions on Jesse to myself, I don't wanna start a fight.

5. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I personally think the scene with Horatio and Marie should have flipped with the scene with Natalia entering the elevator, it provided (to me anyways) a much more powerful meaning in my opinion and sets off more emotion.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That opening scene was cheesy. :lol:

The guys are playing basketball... Walter saying that hulk line= cheesy.
    :lol: at Walter saying "Ah, Jesse!" when Jesse wanted to chase after the bad guys.

Is it just me or did the census worker at first glance from the side (when he was on the ME table) look kind of like Speed. I thought for a second there that some footage from the ep where Speed died got mixed in with the new ep... until they closed in on the guy's face and I realized it wasn't Speedle at all.

Ryan's black leather jacket is back. Woo-hoo!

Jesse: I owe you one, okay?
    Nat: Whatever. :lol:

Oh she is not happy with Jesse at all. She wouldn't team up with him. :lol:

Cal: I have a feeling this happens to you a lot. :lol:

Why are they touching things in that house without gloves?

Woo-hoo Ryan in gun-stance! :D

Yeesh another meth lab in Miami. Who would have thought? :lol:

Is it my imagination or is Nat always in light colored clothing while Cal's always in dark colored clothing? :lol: Weird.

Nat telling Ryan to go on and get out of there, but he won't leave her behind. Struggling to get the piece of debris off of her... freaking out when he can't lift it completely... then H comes in and helps.

N: Thank you, you were really brave in there.
    R: Well, you were pretty brave too.

==

Marie's accent sounds off to me. Am I the only one who thought that? It was a bit distracting.

Jesse shot the bomb? :guffaw: How corny. :lol: They really are trying to make him like John McClain aren't they? :lol:

Vic was force fed rat poison? Yikes!

What is that song that Nat is listening to?

Ryan's worried about Nat. awww!

Loved Cal getting tough with Marie's boss. That woman is awful! Cal looked ready to smack her. :lol: I can't believe the woman actually put her hands on Jesse! :wtf:

Woah! Nice tackle there, random cop guy.

H in lab coat again. :)

Gold dust? Cool!

I think I missed the "don't lie to me" part. Someone must have called or something. :lol:

Woman: Remember I pay your salary.
    Cal: Then I deserve a raise. :guffaw: Good one, Cal!

Horatio helped Marie... yep saw that coming a mile away. That's what H does. Always helps those in need. :)

Decent ep aside from all the cheesiness. :lol:

I knew the Jesse/Walter thing would not be what we were led to believe by the promo. All hype. :lol: I'm glad he's not a bad guy cause I like him. :)

Grade: B+ (points off for the cheesiness of some scenes)

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

If I could die from laughter I would.....that opening scene had me in stitches!!! I don't know why I find Walter and Jesse so funny when they're together!!! LOL!:lol:

Jesse and the bomb....lol...that was classic.....now Jesse's becoming John Casey from Chuck, just shoot everything in sight! LOL! Now now Jesse.....no more guns for you.....:p

Nat and Ryan were just completely awesome!!!! Our CSIs in danger were calm and courageous!!

Damn! H looks real scary when he's angry.....EEEKKKKKK! If I hadn't met Caruso once and know the guy's a complete sweetheart I would have totally fallen for the angry mad Horatio-look.....;)

Well at least bad guys now know....don't mess with H's babies or else he'll tear you apart without blinking......the whole gunfight against the people who killed Marisol comes to mind......

I like this episode! Team is looking good!!! I'm very proud of Miami this season! They're doing very well!:thumbsup:

8. slower

slower Lab Technician

Jesse :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:. I am so tired of this guy hoging almost every scene. The opening scenes with Jesse and Walter running off down the street was another Jesse to the rescue scene. When is ever going to end.

That being said. I loved that Natalia is finally getting some airtime. The scenes with Ryan were very sweet and caring. Ryan is a such a caring person.

I loved Calleigh, she looked like she just wanted to slap the woman.

The episode overall was good.

Producers and writers are getting a D- for this season. this season so far has had its moments. But to many changes and lack of character development for long time charcters, with too much promotion of the newer characters.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I second that! At first I liked him but now it's just gotten ridiculous! I feel I see him more than Horatio this season!

I was so happy to see Ryan back tonight...the old Ryan...not the dumb-ed down version we've been seeing so far this season.

It was nice to see Natalia with a story line too.

Love Calleigh but after so much focus on her previously and especially with the E/C storyline I don't mind getting small breaks from her.

10. lizziewalker

lizziewalker Rookie

i liked the ep poor Natalia i just want to give her a hug,
    and Ryan why is it when something bad happens around him it all ways gose up in flames :guffaw:

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I liked the episode,especially Ryan and Natalia.They are both caring people and it was shown very well in this episode.
    I didn't have a problem that a meth lab was featured again,it's enough of a problem that another episode about meth labs insn't too much.
    Being told my self by someone that they paid my salary(and having the same answer as Calleigh for which I was reported for) I knew where Calleigh was coming from.People really think they have a right to treat you badly and talk to you as though you are nothing.That woman was just mean and seemed angry at life.
    Really liked H in his angry mode as well as his teaching mode(Jesse and the finger print and gold dust)
    Natalia was so irritated with Jesse,I got a laugh at her deciding she would work with Ryan instead of him.
    Again,I am loving the increased team work scenes.There is more of a team feel,I've really missed that these past seasons.

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'm still on a high, but there were some not-so-exciting parts to this episode --
    The case itself lacked, well, everything - Marie, Tek, and Kevin were very dry & just did nothing for the plot. Mrs. Olson was simply annoying & I honestly felt that entire ordeal with her and Calleigh seemed too scripted.

The hype of Jesse being the "bad guy" was a complete flop. Knew that was coming though.
    Walter orders everyone to shut off their cell phones so they don't stir any sparks....so Jesse fires his gun & shoots the clock? :wtf:
    Funny that Walter nearly peed his pants though...in a way that was worth it. I was expecting that scene to take place near the end of the episode considering it went back 8 hours earlier from that moment.....must have been a very long day for the team. :shifty:

One minor disappointment was Horatio's quickness in getting back to the case after the explosion. I'd have liked to have seen him at least check on Natalia (or ask Ryan) sooner than he did later in the epi when he went looking for results. I realize Horatio isn't the type to accept praise in his heroic actions, but when she thanked him for coming in after her, his responce felt a bit cold & distant. Definitly not saying he doesn't care, but the scene could've used a little something more, imo.

Aside from those annoyances I just mentioned, I still loved the episode! Natalia, and the friendship shown between her & Ryan really owned the entire episode. True teamwork and friendship at it's best right there! They had each other's back in that explosion scene, & I can't get over her telling him to just go, yet he refused....how sweet. I was also very happy to see her acknowledge his bravery, it's not often Ryan get's a pat on the back for the things he does -- Nat is truly just a very caring person, as is Ryan. Also loved his concern for her, & the little tidbit of after all the years they'd worked together he hadn't seen her with her ear-phones on. It was enough to show that at least with these 2 they don't have to be romantically involved to take notice of one another's behavior, & that they do know each other well enough to see when something is off. I can appreciate those moments far more than the force of any romantic scenes.

As for Natalia alone, I always love it & was overly happy to finally see this (3 years is far too long for this girl to be sitting on the side). The explosion flashbacks, the slow-motion of people walking around the lab, the distant voices & the emotion shown in her eyes were all very moving in that ending scene, it carried quite the emotional impact. Loved it.

:thumbsup:

13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Why is it though that when they show a flashback that's supposed to be from the character's point of view, it's shown from the audience's point of view? I mean in the flashback of the explosion, Natalia wouldn't have been seeing from that angle. She would have seen in front of her, but she wouldn't have seen herself and Ryan at that angle. :lol: That's always weird to me. :lol:

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I really, REALLY identified with that scene. I work for a government agency and I can't tell you how many times an obnoxious, rude and vulgar individual says that to me (usually after the standard name calling and screaming!). I can tell you that a good portion of the general public acts that way when talking to government employees (it doesn't matter if they are local, state or federal). And it's gotten worse as the news has been showing all these people screaming at their Representatives and gathering with a mob mentality regarding recent political issues (doesn't matter what side of the issue they're on!).

We, of course, are NEVER allowed to say anything in response to the screaming diatribes that seem to be part of calling a government office these days. We have to remain respectful of people who actually have no respect for themselves or anyone else.

I, too, wanted Calleigh to smack her. In my office we have mulitple replies to the comment that was thrown at Calleigh:

1. As a tax payer, I pay my salary. What's your point?

2. You don't pay me enought to put up with your sh*t.

3. Take out a penny and give it to the customer along with this statement, "Here is a refund of your portion of my salary."

4. And Calleigh's wonderful reply, "I need a raise..." but we follow it up with "if I have to put us with a**holes like you."

Sorry to go off, but anyone who hasn't worked in a government office doesn't have a clue how abusive, and sometimes threatening, the public can be. I actually just replaced the license plates on my car because of a threat I received from a member of the public last week over the most minute issue - but this customer has obviously gone through life getting their way with threatening and intimidating people and when I refused to cave, the threat was leveled. That is the extreme. While law enforcement is addressing the issue, there is very little they can do.

This woman last night, and the basic helplessness that Jesse and Calleigh faced with her initial tirade really hit home with me. I was happy to see Calleigh get her in the end and voice the frustration of all government employees who have to deal with that kind of disrespect and abuse.

For the first time in a very long time - Go, Calleigh!!!!

==========================================

And now for the rest of the episode:

I thought they did okay. I did get a sense of Marie's fear of her employer.

I already gave my opinion of that woman, and every member of the public like her, above.

Yep. Again, no sense of respect for the viewer with the way these promos are put together.

:guffaw::guffaw: I thought the same thing!!

I agree here. While Horatio is beginning to come back to some semblence of his old self, he still has a way to go. He did check on her, but it should have been much sooner and Ryan should have received some positive feedback from his boss about his actions, which were very heroic. Then again, Ryan HAS GOT to be getting a little desensitized to all these explosions he keeps getting caught in. :lol:

I was happy that Horatio didn't materialize out of nowhere last night. Ryan called him and we actually heard a siren before Horatio showed up! I found that a positive development.

I agree, MJ. It was so sweet to watch the friendship between these two. Natalia is a very warm and caring person. To actually tell Ryan to go said a lot about her caring for others before herself.

I was also impressed with Natalia's, "Whatever" remark to Jesse. Good girl, Natalia! Slam dunk his butt for being a jerk. It's clear that she is not going to let his bad behavior go without him knowing full well that it is unacceptable to her.

Edit: And while I'm voicing a little irration when Jesse, did I actually hear him tell (sounding more like an order, actually) Horatio to check the trunk of the car! I realize that Horatio is far from front and center lately, but I'm a little concerned that the line of who is actually in charge here is getting blurry. I like Jesse but I will admit to some feelings of resentment cropping up lately. I hope this is the exception and not a sign of things to come.

Eva is going to kick butt with this storyline - if the writers don't screw her over. She's awesome. And we saw just a small sample of what she is capable of doing as an actress last night.

I am so excited to see where this goes and to see both her and Ryan get some screen time. Even Frank was there last night - could use a little more of him, but baby steps!

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I don't think it was supposed to be from her POV. Likely just to connect her hearing issues back to the incident that caused it.
    Somehow you just reminded me of something else -- the big thing that fell on Natalia's back. Ok, it's obviously very heavy, she can't move, it takes 2 grown men to lift it off her, yet not a single mention of anything wrong with her back...they didn't even check it. :wtf: They throw it in just so she had reason to be stuck there but then we're supposed to believe it didn't harm her in any way. I hate it when they do that! :shifty:

OH and yes dear PTB I will mention that nowhere in the first explosion did you even show this object fall on her. It wouldn't be right for me not to nitpick...what more did you expect from me :p