8x10 - Count Me Out **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Dec 5, 2009.

1. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree 110%; Ryan is a naturally curious person (IMHO, a sign of intelligence--AHHH WRITERS) and can read people pretty well. I have noticed he asks a lot of questions because he is genuinely interested in the lives of his coworkers. Some may sound blunt and to the point but that is just Ryan.
    Jesse was being evasive and didn't exactly tell Ryan the truth at the party which would spike anyone's curiousity. Frankly although I wouldn't put it past the writers to put Ryan in the position to discover another secret, Calleigh has been far more aggressive with Jesse and I could very easily be her that it is revealed to (although the promos make it a bigger deal than it really going to be I'm sure)

2. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

This is exactly why I take it more as an attitude of curiosity rather than anything esle 'cause, otherwise, anyone else would be a smartass like Ryan and, in all honestly, I highly doubt it despite the way TPTB have been writing his character this season :p.

Calleigh was the most aggressive one in terms of suspects and questions and I do think she'll be involved in the biggest part of his secret.

On the other hand, I can also picture Natalia wanting to know much more about it...maybe that's because he stood her up right when he was "ready" to reveal some part of his past to her. If I were Natalia, I so would like to know what the hell is wrong with this guy, especially right after he stood me up ;) And if Jess has anything to do with the explosion I soooo would love to know what the hell is going on (not to mention to strangle him with my own hands), if I were Natalia LOL

3. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

As far as discovering the secret, I was ruling both Ryan and Natalia out.
    Ryan because he discovered and exposed Tara last season, and it would be bad writing if they copied from last season. Natalia because she doesn't have that vengeful attitude that would normally drive the stood-upped to snoop. In all likely hood, Natalia will snub Jesse in the hall and ignore him (think Eric when he didn't return her call and she was scared she might be pregnant), and that will be the end of it.
    For the big discovery, I'd put it on H or Calleigh. H because here to, he has not had any thing to do with Jesse's secret, but as he used to work with him and so might have been there for the original event.
    Calleigh because as everyone said, she has been aggressive about Jesse, both in his secret and about him bullying that witness. Calleigh, being the assistant superviser has to stay on top of things just like H. She also has had enough of secrets with Eric and Ryan, to know how they can hurt the lab and the team.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I think they'll all discover it through a case or something, though Calleigh will hear a little of it beforehand. I don't think that's gonna be the biggie though, just more set-up/hype.

As for this episode - sneak peak
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9UNE8muo2I

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  5. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Compared to Walter, Jesse seems sooooo tiny LOL

God, isn't it amazing when our CSI are able to run on foot chasing a car? Plus I find it fantastic when H has nothing better to do in the morning, but find himself near the street right when his CSIs are going to call him :lol:

Last edited: Dec 7, 2009
  6. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Ugh.
    A whole opening all Jesse and Walter?
    Double Ugh.
    I'm getting way to sick of both of them.
    Why couldn't they put Ryan in the start? Sigh.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Yeah I know. Not to mention Walter & Jesse just came in & "big-footed" the chase....bet those other officers really appreciated that! It's funny that the justice system in Miami cannot function unless they have the assistance of our team :lol:

8. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

:lol: Totally agree with you, MJ!!!

I totally loved Jess & Walt's 1-on-1. It was a real change from the usual breakroom/lockeroom disputes. Wish tptb showed something like this between Eric & Speed! This Jesse-Walt thong reminds of Eric & Speedle & I really miss both of them this season. :(

9. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

Although the beginning looks interesting, I completely agree; can't they follow RYAN when he is off the clock?!:(

When was Walter issued a gun?!

10. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Thanks, Miami W!
    I'm really hoping that we get to see more of Ryan today. He's awesome to watch, and has such a caring heart.
    I hope he gets to rescue Natalia! Really show his stuff!

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wait... Walter has a gun now and Ryan's gun seems to have disappeared? :(

12. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I've seen Ryan's gun this season

13. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

Just watched that teaser and for a moment I thought I was watching John Stockton playing 1 on 1 with Robert Traylor:lol:

Not Quite as the pic below will show

[​IMG]

14. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Awesome episode! I enjoyed, with the exception of Ryan it was a change seeing someone else's life in danger. Though I feel bad for Natalia who is obviously suffering from the effects of the explosion. Hopefully it is addressed more in the next episode, especially since Ryan has taken notice to what has happened. Speaking of Ryan, he's a sweetheart! His concern for Nataila and the way he tried to save her despite her telling him to go was great.

Calleigh, loved her in this episode. She was on a roll in regards to Marie's boss. That lady was a first class well you know the word. Calleigh stood her ground and I loved her line about we deserve a raise, when that lady talked about how she pays their salary. Go Calleigh!!

Horatio, another sweetheart. I really like what he did for Marie.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  15. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Initial thoughts.

Meh. I was actually really bored the whole time. All the dialogue to me, just seemed really contrived and cliché.

There were some good moments, specifically the scenes between Ryan and Natalia but the rest, just seemed like a waste of time to me. Sort of like TPTB were more concerned with repeatedly showing their super-cool-explosive-fu instead of creating an actual story. I just wasn't really identifying with anyone in the episode. :/

I don't know, maybe the whole episode just rubbed me the wrong way for some reason but I wasn't feeling it. *shrugs*