Horatio/Delko Slash #1 - I'll Be Right Here

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by MacsLady, Nov 1, 2009.

1. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Does anyone else think H and Eric are a potential slash ship? They've gotten a lot closer and shared a lot of stuff since Marisol died, and we've seen them show support and concern for each other, that can be seen as going beyond friendship. Look how protective of Eric H gets re his father and the Russians and also how hurt Eric was that H didn't involve him in faking his death.
    So far here in the UK we're up to s7, next week is the eppy where Ryan gets kidnapped by the Russians (i think) and already this season, I'm seeing Horatio and Eric, and their relationship, differently. Especially since I recently got into some NY slash ships. Okay, TPTB will never go slash, most likely, but that doesn't mean we can't!

So if you like the idea of Horatio and Eric, have any 'evidence' for this ship - pics, quotes, remembered scenes from episodes etc - or any title ideas, please post here! Guttery thoughts are welcome!

2. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

Re: Horatio/Delko Slash #1 ~

H's note: "I'll be right here."

3. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi all,

Congrats on the new thread. I wanted to stop by and offer the....
    Shipper Central rules

Shipper Central is different from other forums and we have specific rules. Please take a look at them before you post. That would be great appreciated. :D

Also, if you have any questions don't hesitate to PM any one of us Mods. We are hear to help. ;)

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

You know? I've been expecting to see this thread long long time ago. I don't why, but ever since Marisol's appearence there's been a special bond between Horatio & Delko.

I do think it probably wouldn't have been that strong without Marisol. Let's face it before her appearence Eric didn't go all frantic to his "daddy" H to get some help because of his big big troubles. Once Marisol married H, Eric felt he was like his father & had to ask for his help whenever he needed. Same thing happened with H who always asked for Eric's help whenever he could and has always been thinking about Eric first rathern then the other member of the teams ;)

MacsLady since you might still have to watch Ryan's kidnapping, I highly doubt you know anything about s8 premiere.
    As for it .....
    I can tell you that there's a huge (and by huge I mean HUGE) difference between H's bond with Eric & anyone else. Same thing for the ending of 8x05 - "Bad Seed". I do think that note spoke for itself :shifty:

I can't say that I like it because, in all honesty, I do find it pretty disguting that a boss like H makes a clear distinction between Eric Delko, who's his personal knight, and the others...but then again things like this can happen on shows like CSI:Miami :lol:

5. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

What episode was that from? That would be a nice title for this thread.

I was surprised to find there wasn't already a thread for them here. Marisol, and her death, definitely changed the relationship between Delko and Horatio.

I agree, they've started confiding in each other a lot more since her death Horatio seems a lot more concerned for Eric lately as well, for example after Eric was shot and when he was struggling with recovering. Also, they seem to be getting entangled with the same bad guys, the whole Russian mob issue/Delko's dad issue I think will bring them a lot closer - bear in mind I'm only up to episode 18 of s7 here.
    I liked how determined H was to save Eric when he was threatened with being deported.
    I also think there are some paralles between H and Eric re their fathers - Eric's dad was absent during his childhood and H's was abusive - could provide some nice bonding between them later on.

Interesting that he makes a clear distinction between Eric and the others....especially if you look at it from a slash perspective.:devil: And you're right, things like that can happen on CSI Miami, I mean if Horatio can kill a bunch of heavily armed drug gang types with his weeny little handgun, anything can happen, I mean, we're talking about a man who can return from the dead.:lol: Hmmm, you never know, maybe CSI Miami will be the first to try out canon slash (yeah, I wish!). But seriously, it seems anything can happen in Miami....

6. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

It was from episode 8x5 'Bad Seed'.

H put a note on Eric's dashboard which read: 'I'll be right here'

:lol:... Its true anything can happen in Miami.

About Eric & H's relationship, I do agree there's a huge distinction that H draws between Eric & the others but its pretty obvious why:
    1) Marisol
    2) H's over-protective nature - I agree Ryan gets into alot of trouble but unlike Eric he doesn't open up easily so that explains why he isn't as close to H as Eric.

7. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I think you've raise quite an interesting point. But at the same time, I think I'll never get to understand why everyone's is that protective towards Eric while everyone else doesn't get the treatment they deserve. I'm not just talking about H treating in another way Ryan. I'm talking about everyone treats anyone but Delko....IDK, I guess I'll never get it LOL

Oh well this is not the right thread to give out my rant, so I'll just right something useful for the thread LOL.

As for the title I do think that "I'll be right there" is the best one for this "ship" as this is how things worked out between the two of them.

MacsLady I've never thougth about the parallalel between their fathers, but first it is a very good point and second I actually find myself agreeing with you, though I would have probably handled the situation in a completely different situation ;)

8. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

'I'll be right there' seems like a great title, I'll add it!
    Well, I don't know why the other members of the team treat Eric differently, are more protective of him, but from a slash persepctive, H's treatment of Eric becomes very interesting!:devil:

If anyone has any pics, or knows any fics, please post here and let us know!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2009
  9. RoscoeTrek

RoscoeTrek Rookie

I totally agree that other characters don't get the treatment they deserve... :(
    Its kinda sad because if you total the time invested in Eric's character storylines it equals to what? A note reading: "I'll be right here."?

Don't get me wrong, I'm just angry by the way tptb cut short people without conclusion. By conclusion, I mean a proper exit. They spent so much time on Eric & his father saga they forgot about the others (Ryan, Natalia, Tripp).

And in the end... good-bye Eric. Hello new characters. Go away Ryan. Now is this SAD or what???

10. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hi all,

Just stopped by to say that tonight starts a major event in CSI history. The three-way cross over with all three CSI shows.

I wanted to remind people of a few things;

First, all discussion of current and future episodes MUST go in a spoiler box. It must remain that way until the episode has aired throughout the entire US. If you don't know how to use a spoiler box, PM one of us, we'll be glad to help.

Second, all discussion must contain at least three lines of on-topic discussion of your ship. Please DO NOT come into a thread and post stuff like OMG! Then leave. That's not only spammy, but against board rules.

And lastly, If any of you have any questions, please feel free to PM us.

Enjoy CSI history. :D