Have a Pic & Go Create Thread ~ August

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Speedystokesgirl, Sep 30, 2009.

1. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

What is this thread, you ask? Well, this idea was inspired by the 1vs1 icon challenge. One of things I like about that challenge is two people are using one cap and then designing an icon for it.

I find it really interesting to see how these two different people design the icon, so I thought, why not have a thread where a cap/pic is provided for you and then you go create icons, banners, or wallpapers with it.

I would think it would be interesting to see what ideas everyone comes up with.

This would not be a challenge in that there will be voting, no, this would be a monthly adventure and I will provide the caps/pics for you.

I, originally, thought to having only one pic per month, but seeing how some people watch only one CSI show (like me), I'm going to provide one pic for each show. You can choose to use just one pic, two pics, or all three.

This is a monthly 'challenge' to give you lots of time to create; as there are challenges going on, I want to make sure everyone has time to do this and will do it.

You can create as many icons, banners, and/or wallpapers that you desire. However, the same rules apply here, that apply to all the art threads. Click here for Forum rules and Fan Art rules

So the rules (yup, I snagged some :thumbsup:):

1. Icons can be any of the three sizes (100x100, 120x120, 140x140) and banners can only be 220x75. Wallpapers can be any size, however you must use a clickable thumbnail to post it here. It is up to you not to exceed the file size limits.

2. NO RESTRICTIONS! Be creative and do what you like. No vulgar language or inappropriate material allowed.

3. You have until October 31st to post your artwork. November 1st will start a new month.

4. Post your artwork here in the thread and please do not pm me with them.

5. Do not post more than three icons at the same time. Some use dial up and when you post lots of images it's going to take a long time for them to download the page. However, you may post url links to the rest of the icons.

6. Do not quote the icons because doing so uses up precious bandwidth. If you quote a post, please remove the image tags.

7. Once you post your artwork, please do not move it from Photobucket or whatever site your using for the month of the 'challenge'. No one wants to see a 'Image not available' screen. After the month is up, do what you want with it.

8. Snagging artwork is one of the highest compliments you can pay the artist, however, please give credit to the artist somewhere in your profile.

9. If there is a cap/pic you would like to be in the 'challenge', please pm with it and I'll include it in another month. Please include the image and the url for the pic. I will NOT be storing these in my photobucket, so please do not 'move' the pic until the monther is over.

First come, first serve, meaning if you pm with a pic and it is not used in the next month 'challenge', don't be upset, there may be others ahead of you.

This thread is just to have fun and be creative and to let you see how someone else created artwork with the same pic you used.

Since this is the first month for 'challenge', I thought it was only appropriate to start of with CSIs original leaders.

Dragonfly and Kat, if I forgot anything or you want to add anything, please do so.

Here are the caps for this month:

Grissom Horatio Mac

Ok, I don't think I forgot anything....oh yeah, GO CREATE!!!! :D

2. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Re: Have a Pic & Go Create Thread ~ October

Nope, looks good to me! *official mod stamp of approval*

Can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Interesting challenge, Speedy! I'll have to see what I can come up with!

4. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

this sounds really awesome, i can't wait to get started!

5. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Here's My Icons!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  6. capgramif

capgramif Civilian

uhm,Thanks so much 4 sharing with us,bros :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
  7. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

You got it right. You go ahead and post them whenever you're ready and if you create more post them too.

You have the month of October to create from these caps and post whenever you want.

Remember, if you have a cap or pic that you would like to submit, please pm or email using the email in my profile.

8. GeekLove<3

GeekLove<3 Witness

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Great icons, you two! Me must go create, though I'm sure they won't be as good. :)

ETA: Here's two from me. I'll be back later with more.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  10. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

This is an awesome idea! I'm gonna get started on some stuff and I'll see what I come up with.

EDIT: Okay, I've made a banner using the Mac picture and an icon using the Horatio picture. Hope you like.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2009
  11. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Here's what I came up with.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. LivingEnd

LivingEnd Lab Technician

I really like the idea of this. It's cool how the icons tend to turn out completly different, although everyone is working with the same caps.

The results are awesome so far!

This is what I got done, however I found the picture of Grissom kind of difficult to work with. Don't know why but I couldn't get a good crop...

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Interesting challenge Speedy. I usually work with caps that I already have ideas on what I want to do. :lol:

A couple from the Grissom cap. :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Susan

14. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Blackflag, I like the banner with the black at each end. That's a cool effect! And I know what you mean...I do a better job when I pick a cap I want to use! :lol:

15. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I know, but that's the challenge in it.

Blackflag, I'm glad you sent some in. They look great by the way! :)

Everyone, thanks for sending in icons and banners. They all look awesome.

Livingend, like the little pictures of Horatio, cool idea!

Keep sending them, you still have time with these pics.

Remember, if you have a pic you would like to use, please pm me with the image and url. I already have one sent to me that we'll be using for the month of November.

I'll be sending some more creations soon. You know, when RL stops inteferring. :rolleyes: