Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Adzix, Jan 11, 2007.

1. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Re: Would you like TPTB to kill off a character? **NO SPOILE

I personally believe that it would be kind of sick to kill off a cast member, and I can't believe that any fan of the show would want to see it. That would just be too much of a horrible thing.

Now, if it were a former bad guy/woman who got away with a crime, that wouldn't bother me. For instance, way back in the first season, I think, there was a guy who was selling locoweed or something like that to people and one guy ingested too much of it and died. Well, there wasn't enough evidence to convict the bad guy and he walked. I wouldn't lose any sleep over that person getting killed. There was also a case where a murderer framed his simple-minded brother and got away with it. Again, wouldn't lose any sleep if he got killed off.

But a main cast member - no way. Frankly, I think it's a troubled person who would want to see such a thing.

2. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

well, ya know a show where you like everybody would be simply boring. and isn't it kinda cruel to kill somebody off cuz he/she annoys you? lol.

i hate Ecklie, but i would also hate if they killed him off. i mean, i love hating this guy. so i kinda love this character in some way.

Sara always wins in all of the polls, either in "who do you like the most" or "who would you like to leave?" ones. i think she is after Grissom the most characerstic CSI there. Grissom may be more likable b/c of his quirks etc, but with Sara you either love her or hate her.

so i kinda agree with Toots on this one.

ETA: cuz i wrote "i mean" twice in the same sentence. lol

3. ebuzz55

ebuzz55 Pathologist

K, this is O/T, but I have to admit, if that guy got it I would stand up and cheer. Alter Boys... to this day it's my favorite ep because it reveals a lot about Grissom and shows just how wrong our legal system can go sometimes.

Back On: While a lot of people would love to see Ecklie self destruct, you have to admit he's a good catalyst for drama, and he's SO much fun to hate.

4. samjojo_011

samjojo_011 Hit and Run

sophie i think thatz how u spell it anyway i love gsr
    and if anybody try to come between it well :mad: :mad: :mad:.......U BETTER RUN. nick dont really care 4 him he iz due 4 a breakdown any second now
    *looks @ watch smiling :devil: :devil:

5. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I forgot about Sofia, she can leave, so she can stay away from Nick and Grissom. Nick does look like he is going have a break down soon but I still love him, he is my favorite, so he can stay forever, along with Sara, Grissom, Warrick, Greg, Brass and Catherine.

They fit together except Sofia, she doesn't have the chemistry with them and she doesn't fit with them.

I'm Snickers, Grillows and GSR, look at my banner.

6. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Guys careful about the ship talk, remember unless the ship pertains to an episode that has aired then it goes in the shipper central.

I did say a ship could be talked about but I also said, While the mentioning of a relationship occassionally as an example is one thing if it lends credence to the reason for your opinion of the single character, "Relationships meaning those romantically involved or whom fans want to be" (example: I don't like sara because her and grissom are dating, I don't like Warrick cause he is married and flirting with Catherine)

But the above does not pertain to those whom you wish were ships but as I said (and the rules state) have already been an indication (GSR), or close to it (Cath/Warrick), is an example.

But guys you all know that ship talk is kept to a minium in this forum, so lets please try and remember that. Thank you.

7. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

another thing, i'm not a huge fan of Sofia either, but i really wouldn't like her die. i know the cast itself is big, but i guess TPTB wanted to bring some new people before anybody from the old cast leaves, so they won't have to recruit anybody knew when it comes to it. IMO they want to minimalize the difference between the show "with" and "without old cast". i'd say it's a kind of an insurance and a way of being thoughful.

i don't know if i'm going to watch CSI after Grissom or Sara leaves for good. and i know that for good means only if they got killed off. it's gonna be more clear next month when both of the actors should finally decide on their contracts for S8.

8. CSIVegasMiamiNY

CSIVegasMiamiNY Pathologist

I don't want anyone to die, not after TPTB killing off Speed in Miami *sniffle* Maybe teh character can leave but not die, I can't handle another character death :lol:

~xJemmax~

9. Bullet_Girl

Bullet_Girl Coroner

I'm right there with you, Girl! I hate character deaths.....and I had to live through two! (Aiden Burn & Tim Speedle) :(

10. brass_lives

brass_lives Prime Suspect

I totally agree with that. It has been done so many times, and usually not well. I didn't like how Brass's shooting played out. Or Nick's trauma after his abduction. Or the death of Cath's father. I just don't see them doing character death well on this show. They are much better at weekly storytelling than story arcs, and they would need to show the rest of the cast adjusting to life without the character who died.

I used to want Sofia to go, no matter the reason, but that was more because I didn't like the reason why they brought her on the show in the first place. Another main character was not needed. At this point, I'll be happy if they just stop bringing in new people.

11. Brassy

Brassy Hit and Run

Personally, I'd like to see Sophia leave. Not killed off because that's so traumatic (though it gets high ratings), but at least go.

I like the actress, Louise Lombard, but the character of Sophia doesn't mix well with the others and when she interrogates suspects, it sets my teeth on edge, as I think she has no people-skills.

Even Liev Schreiber's new character, Michael Keppler has more chemistry with the rest of the CSIs than Sophia

*let the tomato throwing begin!*

12. mrb105

mrb105 Pathologist

Ya killing off a major character wouldn't be smart. Then when watching old episodes it would be all you'd think about, the fact that the character eventually dies. Killing off a supporting cast member wouldn't be bad. When Sam Braun died that wasn't much of a lose, even though I thought that if they were going to kill him off make it the focus around an entire episode, I thought it was kind of dumb for them to do it how it was done.

Example: Warrick's Wife, Brass's daughter, Ecklie, Catherine's daughter. One person that would really make sense is Det. Curtis. She still appears in the opening credits yet barely ever makes apperences anymore. Maybe make it more of a character them kill her off so it hits stronger and has more meaning.

13. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

it makes sense what you're saying mrb. as i said before, i would live with them killing off a less important character. but i also feel that this theme has been repeated too much lately in various shows, and it's not so attractive anymore to the viewer. in other words, CSI doesn't need this kind of drama. CSI has never been "24" nor has it been CSI Miami. this show is about forensics, crimes, evidence with just a pint of character development that gives it all a brilliant taste of a light and healthy TV-feast, which CSI is so loved for by millions of people around the globe.

true, some Cath, Nick or Brass - Drama happened lately, but as we've seen a next episode started always like almost nothing happened. the atmosphere stayed unchanged despite the earlier Drama in previous episode. character death is far too serious, too far-going that it wouldn't be possible to stay the same show anymore. CSI's are not robots, and i'm sure a CD would reveal it more than anything else. the thing is, that TPTB can't allow the characters to mourn over one of them for many following episodes, b/c it would change the whole concept of the show.

that's why IMO, CD other than in the definite end of the show, would never work.

i don't think killing off Cath's daughter is a good idea either. i'm not sure if Cath would be able to work anymore. as i stated before i would also hate seeing Ecklie go. i love to hate him.

Warrick's wife or Brass' daughter could make a good storyline, but the last thing i want to see is broken Brass. i love the guy, and he went through a lot of crap, so he absolutely doesn't deserve this.

Sofia is a taugh chick. someone lately said somewhere (i think on GSR thread) that TPTB changed her personality, in a way that now she doesn't fit in at all. i disagree with the second part. i think CSI needed one more woman in the main cast even if she's not on screen that often. i have nothing against her, and i wouldn't like her to die, even though yes, they made her less Grissom-horny. i think her death would, again, hit Brass the most.

14. AureliaPriscus

AureliaPriscus Dead on Arrival

You know, I'm not enamoured with Sofia particularly, but it'll be a happy day for me when TPTB stop looking at my homicide detectives as expendible. It's bad enough the format of CSI has pretty much robbed them of their, well, purpose, but come on, where's the love?

To be honest, I think TPTB on all three shows have to stop endangering and/or killing off their recurring characters in an effort to create interest. For me, at least, it tends to play out as false and needlessly overdramatic. It's a worn-out tactic that lost its emotional punch long, long ago.

If they're going to kill off anyone, I'd be happier if it was one of the main characters: Grissom, Sara, Greg, Catherine, Warrick, Nick... whatever. Because that word really, genuinely hurt and, played right, could have a lasting emotional impact on the show.

(Okay, so maybe I'm still a little bitter about Brass's and Flack's coincidental near-death experiences last year. Um.)

15. Happy Grissom

Happy Grissom Hit and Run