World Cup 2006 and Other Football Stuff #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The World Cup and Other Football Stuff

Apparently Materazzi made a statement (if you believe some newspapers here). He admits that he insulted him. He said that after he was in a duel with Zidane and he was holding Zidane's jersey in the process, Zidane told him in an arogant way that he can give him his jersey after the game. And he said that he did insult him, but that he didn't say that Zidane is a islamic terorist, because he doesn't even know what that is. And that he didn't mention Zidan's mother, because for him nothers are sacred.

I read on Soccernet that he did. But he didn't explain what he said, just that it was something that was 'said dozens of time and often let fall on the pitch.' Don't know if he was being honest or not, I guess it's Zidane's turn to come out and say what actually happened.

Lovely pics, Nim! I think Cannavaro's the luckiest guy, he pretty much owns the trophy now :lol:

Zidane announced that he'll say what happened in one or two days ! the FIFA is doing an investigation , we'll see but wer're not on a sports level anymore ; it's sad !
I agree Frenchy, I was happy to see our players in Paris and all the fans cheering them :) poor Trezeguet but his friend Henry was there for him ! and yes, J.Chirac made a great speach :lol: :lol:

i actually almost cried when Trezeguet asked us to forgive him....It was horrible! of course we do!!!

awww!! poor boy! :(
It could happen to anyone. It was hard for him because Buffon knows him so well. It was only bad luck.

inge said:
awww!! poor boy! :(
It could happen to anyone. It was hard for him because Buffon knows him so well. It was only bad luck.

He was just unlucky :( i swear you should have seen him crying....Nobody was angry at him actually, maybe he thought we would through stones at him :(

I think it is terrible to miss the penalty ... and because of that to came up second in the battle for the world cup..

well it's not because of him, i mean not only, Barthez, the goal, didn't catch any :s

the whole team is guilty ... especially zidane .. because after him being sent off the morale of the team collapsed..he was the how managed to keep the team going and scoring :)

I was reading the newspaper today (and oh, congrats to ITALIA I LOVED YOUR GAME!) and they were talking about what the insult was. According to some (uh... they quote reliable in the papers) lip readers, Zidane WAS called a dirty terrorist. Or perhaps a dirty terrier. :lol:
Wow, soccer talk alwayys reminds me of that catchy Adidas Impossible Team song... "If you don't give my football back, I'm gonna set my dad on you!"

They showed last night in sports news clip from both Italy and France and I think French took it very well and they were celebrated :)

The celebration from ITALY was awsome. :p ... it was live on tv ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back